Universal Digby Forever (by 3 Sprockets)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Feb 15, 2017.

1. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Bummer, thanks for letting me know.

I've reached out to twitter asking if any of our Aussie followers have experienced the issue. If I can find one, I'm prepared to fly to anywhere in Australia to meet up with them so I can plug their phone in and grab their logs..... no luck so far.

I'm determined to get this fixed, even though it's effecting less than 0.004% of our players.

2. kimzplaze

kimzplaze Member

Feb 24, 2017
    #102 kimzplaze, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    For my case, I am able to load and play v1.00. I tried random terrain and quitted. There was an upgrade of 1.01. after that I am unable to lpad it properly.

I just set my phone to send diagnostic (app crashes) to app developers. Hope you able to get.

3. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I just wanted to let everyone know that with kimzplaze's help and patience off forum, we managed to track down the "no boot after being able to play" bug.

Turns out it's only trigger-able if you set your theme to shuffle before you have hit level 2. The game tries to give you a unique theme every play, and because there is only 1 theme at that point, it gets in an endless loop! #woops

Seems like an obvious issue now... but was happening in a code location so removed from where the crash "looked" to be that it wasn't even close to being on our radar.

I'm submitting a new build to the AppStore ASAP and and anyone effected by this no boot bug will be able to finally play again!

A HUGE THANKS to kimzplaze for the above and beyond help in this.

ROGER-NL also let me know there is a "pause game" bug... I'm on that too. Thanks Roger!

It really makes Game Dev so much better when we have active and helpful community members!

4. uncoolcentral

uncoolcentral Member

Feb 23, 2017
    No. I have not watched any ads, nor do I intend to. … The only reason I am playing the game is because playability is decent without forest advertising. I would be happy to pay to make the game better, but maybe I'm the weirdo ;-)

5. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    That's fair enough. it's why we make our ads opt-in, and not forced on you - no you are not a weirdo ;)

So what would you par for? What do you think we could sell (that we don't already) that would make the game better?

I mean, right now we don't put anything behind a pay wall at all... you can earn coins without ever watching an ad or paying, and everything in game is purchasable with coins. And not even super grindy if you get good enough.

So apart from gating new content behind a paywall, which I've always found heavy handed and not part of our generous culture, what would you pay for?

I'm genuinely curious BTW as we love community feedback and there are often little gems hidden in player suggestions!

6. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Can you pick what cards go in ability deck? I see I can remove but cannot seem to add until game start and pick from random three cards.

7. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #107 Intendro, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    From the screen with your list of cards, you can drag cards to your deck.
    (You can also sell cards; when dragging a card, a "drag here to sell" message appears with the sell price.)

8. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Our 1.04 update is finally out... fixes the "can't boot after setting random themes" issue + updates Ad network SDKs for hopefully less ad view crashes. Thanks again to forum member kimzplaze for the help in tracking it down!

Now that 1.04 is out, we are pushing v1.1 into the queue.... and boy or boy does it have some cool new characters + more!

Stay tuned for more info and previews!

9. LMN8R

LMN8R Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Hey there seonr, I'm loving the game! Really fun and satisfying gameplay loop.

I'm just confused about one thing - there are challenges and cards based around killing enemies, but I have absolutely no idea how to do that. Seems like they all kill me instantly when running into them no matter what, and even when they get taken out by bombs I still don't see those contributing to my own score. Is there a mechanic I'm missing somewhere?

10. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I think I got a card that let me drill enemies and kill them. I have only seen it once and I think I bought it from the "sets" menu.

11. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Thanks! Super glad you are enjoying it.

Enemies that die from bombs you trigger contribute to the kill count, as does using a "can drill enemies" card. If you are after completing the "kill X enemies" mission, you want to trigger bombs that go off when enemies are in their radius. It might sound hard to do, but it's about timing and the more you play the better at it you will become :)

The Exploders (pink guys) can be "taunted" to charge at you so if you can do that when you are near a bomb and trigger it, most times it will go off and kill the Exploder at the same time.

I get a lot of satisfaction exploding the little critter :D

12. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Something is cooking....

13. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
  14. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    This game is too awesome

15. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    I have stopped playing, the highscores were out of reach for me now, and there are too many other good games, sometimes I think these devs. are killing eachother way too many studio's and games, there needs to be a major fusion happening with small studio's or I can't keep up.

This game will sureley make my top ten list of arcade games by the end of the year.

Good luck to Seonr and 3 Sprockets with their future games, I will keep an eye on them.

16. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    #116 seonr, Mar 14, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Thanks!

Thanks Roger-NL :)

One of the KEY challenges we all face as game developers, no matter what size we are, is keeping players interested for more than an hour, day or week. Especially with so many new games coming out every day to draw players away...

We have some super awesome new stuff coming in our next big update - so hopefully you'll come back for a quick look and play when that comes out.

17. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #117 macplash, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    how do I unlock card sets faster? Do I have to wait for every new card pack to appear in shop once in 24 hours and buy it? Is it the only way?

18. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Yup, we only present a new card set every day. No other way to un-lock them faster. Cheers.

19. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #119 macplash, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    thanks for the reply.. it's actually ok. my two favorite digging games are Doug Dug and Pocket Mine 2, but since Digby Forever pretty much combines the best from those two games, they're no longer my favorites, Digby Forever is ;) VIP PASS makes this game as premium as possible which is priceless.. in two days I unlocked and fully upgraded all the bots and most of the mission rewards and I'm still planning to spend tens of hours in the game. I'm still missing 2 cards to get the last achievement (to collect all 63 cards) and need to purchase couple more characters to get them all.. so, I just wanted to say: Very well done, your game's perfect!

20. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Wow, thanks! That's super awesome to hear!

We have more cool stuff coming in our next update... new stuff to collect - can't say much more yet, but it's pretty awesome (we think anyway)!