Universal Digby Forever (by 3 Sprockets)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #61 Intendro, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    In case you missed it:
    There's a settings screen where you can disable screen shaking, and you can also lower special effects.

On the main menu, tap the arrow at the bottom-left for more menu buttons.
    Then the gear for settings.

2. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Ok, we have a plan... it's a good plan, but it's not a quick fix plan.

Our next update (that we hope to get out in 3-4 days) will have some "random code tinkering" type of changes to see if we can accidentally fix the issue (without adding more), but our expectation is 0.1% chance of that working to fix it.

But in our next update we are also adding in a crash reporting tool, and that should *hopefully* report to us remotely what the issue is when a crash happens, so we can then actually trace it and fix it and push another update out with a solution.

The crash reporting tool ONLY sends data when a crash happens, and it doesn't send any personal data or any way to identify the device or the person. It's just a stack trace of the crash with *hopefully* something helpful inside for us to use.

Also, in case anyone is interested, we've only had 33 crashes in the game to date, out of almost 200,000 downloads, so whatever the issue is, it's SUPER rare :(

Unfortunately, we get the number of crashes from Apple, but not the crash reports themselves :(

So that is our plan, and our best bet (and quickest way) of getting a fix for whatever this issue is.

I just want to be open and transparent about the issue and what we are doing about it.

Cheers :)

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    #63 ROGER-NL, Feb 18, 2017
    Just became number one on the Gem Leaderboard, I am all shaking ha ha, my score is 36.332 gems, for me this is the new Pac-Man of 1980.

Rocking the Driller.....

Don't speak, I don't know what your drilling......

Got a new record on depth too 900 meters, Can't stop that drilling feeling.....

4. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Guess it's time to catch up to you Roger ! Nice score dude! I can't get enough of this game either ! Already bought the time doubler, thinking about buying the auto gem collector as well.

5. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Thanks man, somebody knocked me off first place allready ha ha too bad, the game is just so much fun, trying every card option to get the best scores is tons of fun.

6. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    #66 Intendro, Feb 18, 2017
    Tried to start without cards:
    "You must take 3 abilities into each game."

Saw this in the shop:
    "Weekend Deal: Play 30 minutes with all ability card slots full to unlock this deal."

That's redundant?
    Or does that mean you can play without 3 ability cards if you don't have enough?

7. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Correct, if you don't have cards with time on them, you can't fill the slots. So it's possible to play without cards, but not if you have cards available to to use.

8. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    Okay.

9. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Digby Forever

[​IMG]

Has been nominated for the TouchArcade Forums'
    Game of the Week

VOTE HERE!

10. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Thanks Andy for posting this, I allready voted for this game, best Arcade game this year.

Digging in the U.S.A.

American digster......

11. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I keep trying to put Digby skin on random but it keeps defaulting to digby

12. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Thats fixed in our next update that's waiting for review. Hopefully another day and it will be out. Sorry :(

13. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    No problem. This game is my personal gotw btw, for what it's worth.

14. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Just got number two on the Leaderboard best depth, I was so close to being number one so close ha ha. That run took me 14 minutes, my total playtime is now 6 hours and 36 minutes, and I got 24190 blocks drilled in total.

I am the King of Drill.

15. r10k

r10k Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    For the developer who's on here... now I'm over the 'I hate iap and watching videos', I'm addicted to the game. It's very fun and fair, and some of the card combos are awesome.

That said, a couple of things...

- there seems to be a bug with the daily card packs. Yesterday I purchased one and it didn't deduct any money from me. It wouldn't let me purchase it twice (I did receive the cards the first time), but it played the card animation every time. Pretty weird.

- there doesn't seem to be much incentive to pay you guys any money. I have a ton of cash so there's no need to pay $4.50 for an auto gem collector (that seems way overpriced anyway) or get the gem doubler, because of the gem doubling cards and video watching. I feel like you need to rethink this side of things. Also some huge items to save for would be great (like massively expensive cards or packs).

- 30 minutes of playtime for the weekend deal is a bit excessive, since it's a game most people will pick up and play every now and then.

16. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Glad to hear :)

That is fixed in our next update that is waiting in the review queue.

There is no Gem Doubler IAP - It's a card time doubler IAP. Maybe that's confusing some people. But sure, we intentionally went light on our monetisation... because we are a fair developer. Too light? yeah probably.

It's the same reason all of our ads are opt-in only, so players can ignore watching them if they want.

Also, the auto-bots IAP is US$2.99... which we think is super fair, and agree that AUD$4.50 feels high, but we don't control the store exchange rate.

It's 30 mins of play time for the entire week... so 6 mins a day, plus your weekend play time also counts if you have not unlocked it yet, so thats really only 4.2min a day you need to play for 7 days to unlock the weekend deal. We really don't feel that's excessive.

Cheers!

17. r10k

r10k Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Cool to hear about the fix ��

Ah, sorry I meant the time doubler. Maybe I did get confused �� So your reasoning sounds fine, but I think options are important. If the auto bot thingy was $1-2 USD that'd make it a no-brainer for most people, where's in a number of countries (and aren't you guys an Australian developer?) most people would bork at the idea of almost $5, especially when the card time doubler is $3 AUD. that's more than most full games.

I like how you're not trying to nickel and dime people to death, but maybe some slightly lower prices and an option to pay something instead of watching videos would get more people paying for things. Anyway, just a few thoughts. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Thanks for the info about the 30 min playtime... that makes sense! I thought it was per day.

18. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    I think the IAPs are super generous especially not having to watch any adds, I loveeeeeee this damn game, also dev anything thoughts on whether there will be any content updates ? Not that it needs it just wondering what's down the road =] !

19. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    We have lots of content updates planned. New characters, new themes + more!

20. esty8nine

Dec 21, 2013
    Hah ok I have the time doubler but going to buy the auto collect now as well !