Universal Digby Forever (by 3 Sprockets)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Andy C83, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Faultyairlock

Faultyairlock Active Member

Mar 18, 2015
    This is odd. I was able to play this one yesterday night but today all I get is a purple splash screen and that's it. Running IOS 10.2.1

2. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    #22 J.R. Jalapeno, Feb 15, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    I really love the game but I just can't play another " free to play with timers" game. Its all just too busy with timers, ads, gems, coins, menus galore, etc. Please consider an IAP to remove card timers and make it so you have to earn cards through goals. That way I can strategically select cards

3. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    That doesn't sound good at all! Did you grab the update the 1.01 update we released today? It might address this issue for you.

4. Faultyairlock

Mar 18, 2015
    I did grab the update hoping that would fix things. No such luck. I have even tried re-downloading it. No dice. The few minutes I played the game was really enjoyable though!

5. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    What do you see on screen? Do you see the Digby logo? but no buttons? or no logo either? Also, are you logged into GameCenter? If so, maybe try logging out and see if its that?

Also, do you know if you had "random" selected on either of the Character or Theme selection options?

I'm super sorry to hear this has happened to you.. It's a developers worst fear that crashes in the wild prevent people from playing.

6. Faultyairlock

Mar 18, 2015
    Ok, so I tried signing out of game centre (and trying to open the game) but that didn't change anything. All I get is a purple screen. No logo or buttons. I was in the choose your theme screen actually so that might be where the issue occurred. I remember being entranced by the watermelon level. Im pretty sure I selected something on that screen, because after that was when the purple screen occurred.

7. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Thanks for the extra info and helping us out. I'm totally stumped as to whats going on, and I'm sorry I don't have a solution for you right now. We are going to look into it to try to work out whats going on and if I have any further insights I'll ping you off forum.

8. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    This is free to play done right, this is very well thought out, I only bought the time doubler for 2 Euro, you really need it, it's very handy and that's all the rest you can earn while playing and there is a mini clicker game with drill robots which earns you coins.

Okay a few more.

Last digging.

Once, twice, three times a digger.

Digger of a loneley heart.

Love like digging.

9. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Wow, just got 605 points and I am second now on the Leaderboard woohoo digget to me baby ha ha.

10. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    We dig this city on rock and roll

11. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Love this game ! Yea it is a freemium sure it has some timers but it's offline playable that's my first thing I look in games offline playable then if they have that I then look into what I can buy to support the dev at this moment I only spotted one thing I may buy thanks to the comment above ^-^ it does make sense to buy the time thing .

This game is fun! Please don't remove the ability to play offline.

12. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    He's so bad
    They call him boss
    He's so bad
    Boss Digger!

Also, has anyone said gettin diggy with it?

13. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    We will never remove the ability to play offline!

It might be needed for *some* games like those with online multiplayer, otherwise, it's our belief that games should be playable and accessible anytime, anywhere and perform the best they can, including NOT burning through battery life. That last bit is a super super hard task, but we spend a lot of time optimising our games to use a little power as possible.

14. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Is this stuff intended to be this distracting?...

Sometimes there's many bombs exploding, causing lots of dirt particles to fall all over the screen.

Bombs shake the screen maybe a bit more than I'd expect.
    And when there's a lot of bombs, it's a lot of shaking.

They noticeably mess with the screen's visibility while they happen...
    I don't know if it's supposed to be messing with our vision. :eek:
    Or could there be options to lower the amount of particle effects/disable screen shaking?

15. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    You should check out the settings screen :)

[​IMG]

We understand that the cam shake and particles might not be to everyones liking, so we added the ability to adjust them in settings.

BTW, you can also turn the particles up - if you want - we call that "Effects YOLO" :)

16. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #36 Intendro, Feb 17, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Oh... I only saw the pause screen's settings before.
    Oops. :p

...I had to tap a small arrow in the corner to find the settings, that's why I missed it! :p
    (Not sure if I should make a pun about digging it up. We're already being buried in puns.)

17. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Haha... pun away... seem's to be the thing to do in this thread, and to be honest, we are loving it :)

Yeah, we put the arrow there to try to keep the non-essential items out of the way. Nothing worse than a screen full of buttons!

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    We need more developers like you on mobile games. Preach :cool:

19. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Please add more themes and costumes. This game is really fun!

20. seonr

seonr Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    You can't have unlocked everything in 1.0 already? :D

More themes and costumes are on the way... but we need to pace ourselves!

We don't want to dig a hole for ourselves ;) //oh no...