Universal Dig Deep! - Noodlecake + Flippancy Studios

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ryan_Noodle, Jun 1, 2016.

1. franfox

franfox Member

May 17, 2016
    Designer & Developer
    Barcelona
    Nice! I think that more hard features will be good for the game.

What do you think guys about the general speed of the game? Do you think it's enough or maybe too slow?

2. franfox

franfox Member

May 17, 2016
    Designer & Developer
    Barcelona
    Good! More items in the shop would be great, thanks ;)

An special map... sounds awesome!

3. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    In my opinion it's ok. But you could add a "frantic mode"... :)

4. franfox

franfox Member

May 17, 2016
    Designer & Developer
    Barcelona
    Yes! it's a good idea ;)

5. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Yea a little slow in my opinion

6. franfox

franfox Member

May 17, 2016
    Designer & Developer
    Barcelona
    Thanks, We'll keep in mind.

7. franfox

franfox Member

May 17, 2016
    Designer & Developer
    Barcelona
    Roger HD

Everyone of you guys did imagine how Roger could look with more pixels in his body? Our fan Martuka did it! :eek::eek::eek:

[​IMG]

8. barts

barts New Member

Jun 17, 2016
    #48 barts, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    Pause / restart game buttons

I have the same pet peeve someone mentioned about the location of the pause and restart game buttons. A few times I've gotten far and ended up tapping pause and restart together and ended up loosing my game!

When you pause, the following actions should be placed higher, and maybe resume should be on the right so it's non-destructive if your fingers accidentally tap pause, then resume.

Another request: I wish there was a help screen to explain the powers I might get (green glowing character, blue glowing character, yellow glowing...) and also the challenges. I've been playing a really long time and still don't know how being blue will help me. Seems like I still die when a green monster touches me or when a pink one shoots a ball at me while I'm blue. Also sometimes when I tap myself when I'm green it just turns me yellow and then I'm not sure what that does.

As far as challenges go, I can't figure out what "chain 10 consecutive gold streaks" means. What is considered a gold streak and how do I chain them? I try to move so I'm always landing from dirt that has gold to another block of dirt that has good but it doesn't seem to get me much. And then other times I see the progress of that challenge has increased but I don't know what made it do that.

9. franfox

franfox Member

May 17, 2016
    Designer & Developer
    Barcelona
    Thanks for your comments, Barts.

First of all. You're right about the position of the buttons. We'll fix it very soon I'll promise ;)

Your suggestion about a detail screen would be fine but let me give you a short brief about the powers by the moment:

IN-GAME POWER ITEMS (You can got it during the game):

;) Shield (the blue one): With this item active you can't die in anyway. After the shield's end you'll still invulnerable for any seconds.

:eek: Boost (the pink one): You'll go down super faster and invulnerable to any damage. After the boost end you'll still invulnerable for any seconds.

You can improve both in the shop spending your collected gold.

AGENTS' POWERS (Exclusive for every agent):

Every agent has its own special power. To activate it, you need to fill up the top-left corner power-up bar getting gold. Every 5 gold mines collected the bar will add a new cell (We call this action Gold streak). To get the full bar completed you need to get gold continuously because if you stop collecting gold the bar will be emptying every time.

When you have the power-up bar fully, a green square will apear over the agent, then you can use the agent's power touching over that green square or you can wait to use it when you want but be carefully because, as the power-up bar behavior mentioned, if you stop collecting gold the bar will be emptying slowly and then you will lose the ability to use the power.

I hope I made myself clear, If not, you can repeat the game tutorial, at the end you can see, in a safe place, how the agent's power works.

The golden glowing character only appears when Lilian uses her power. During this time you can collect the double of gold. You can see more about every special power in the agent's view.

About your problem with the challenge. A gold streak is when you collect 5 mines of gold consecutively. Every time that happens a golden number appears over the agent. (For example x1, x2, and so on), you need to get a x10 chaining gold streaks without losing to much time between each of them. I think that challenge it's a bit hard but the reward will be worth it ;)

Feel free to ask me anything more. Best!
    animated-hero-like.png

10. franfox

franfox Member

May 17, 2016
    Designer & Developer
    Barcelona
    Roger's Mini Doll

What amazing work by Sandra Arteaga! This Roger's doll is too much cute, isn't?

roger-01.jpg

roger-02.jpg

11. Testopi

Testopi Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Another incorrect german translation in Level 19 - Mission2 : "Kill 50 aliens using mines" - in german: "Töte 50 Aliens mit Minen in einem einzelnen Spiel" = Kill 50 aliens using mines in one game.

12. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Hi @franfox!

I haven't gone a day without playing this since I first downloaded it. It's my go-to game when I can't decide what to play :)

Just a bug report: Since today's update (that speeds up the action) I'm having serious frame rate issues. The game is very choppy now, and you can easily get stuck inside of objects.

Hope it's something that can be fixed. Anyone else having the same problem since the update?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.3 (Public Beta 4)

13. franfox

franfox Member

May 17, 2016
    Designer & Developer
    Barcelona
    Many thanks Testopi! I've fixed it, will be solved very soon :)

14. franfox

franfox Member

May 17, 2016
    Designer & Developer
    Barcelona
    Hi! Thanks for writing, it's awesome to know you still playing Dig Deep ;)

There're very sad news... I've just downloaded the update and it's broken too :(

I hope we can fix it soon. Thanks for the feedback

15. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Promotedthis game so much on my Twitter and on here when it first released. Very unique and fun digging game . Game of the month for sure when it came out . Still playing it

16. franfox

franfox Member

May 17, 2016
    Designer & Developer
    Barcelona
    Thanks Jayg! You're awesome :)

17. franfox

franfox Member

May 17, 2016
    Designer & Developer
    Barcelona
    Update 1.3 is coming

Hello everyone,

I want to apologize about the update 1.2 that caused serious problems to all of you... I hope you can enjoy the next update that's coming to the App Store right now :)

Best!

18. franfox

franfox Member

May 17, 2016
    Designer & Developer
    Barcelona
    Dig Deep's update 1.3 is ready!

[​IMG]

Hi Touch Arcade miner fellows!

We are pleased to present you with this new version that includes:

• - A new dig speed for the agents. Now the game is more fun and frantic!
    • - For every alien killed in a play you’ll receive 50 points instead of 20.
    • - Reduced the duration of military areas. Now it should be a little easier to reach the deepest planet zone.

Also, we’ve fixed some bugs:

• - Frame rate bug appeared on update 1.2
    • - Mega-golds mission at level 5 now must be completed in a single game.
    • - Solved two major bugs that caused the game to crash.
    • - Fixed a German translation for a mission at level 10. (Thanks to sink_or_swim)
    • - Fixed the position of the exit button inside the pause menu.
    • - Other minor fixes.

Thanks for your feedback. Please, let us know your thoughts :)

We continuing to work on and improve the game! More and better soon.

Keep digging deep!

19. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Where do you find the abandoned military bases?

20. franfox

franfox Member

May 17, 2016
    Designer & Developer
    Barcelona
    Hi, you can find them under 800m.

Best!