Universal Dig Deep! - Noodlecake + Flippancy Studios

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ryan_Noodle, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Finally found some time to start this instabuy (any Noodlecake game for me) two days ago. As expected from reading and the video, this is an endless digger that i'm enjoying very much. Top responsive controls and even better chiptunes. I only played a few minutes, so i'm by far not ready yet to rate it, but the following two issues (for me) need to be solved anyways.

Please, can we get an option to mute that annoying upgrade alarm?
    And the pause button is SO misplaced for my right thumb...*cough* i'm still shaking my head due to this decision.

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    I haven't got to spend the time I wanted to in playing this awesome title because of sky force . Once I do this game will occupy a lot of my days. It has everything I like in a game to keep me playing for awhile.
    This developer always brings the hits

3. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    I haven't spent a single cent on the AppStore for a very long time, but I needed this one as soon as I watched the trailer. And it's exactly my type of game, noodlecake never disappoints :)
    Currently I'm on the Mission "discover a secret military base" I assume that base is at 1000m right?

4. franfox

franfox Member

May 17, 2016
    Designer & Developer
    Barcelona
    Thanks! Yes, it's 800m. Good luck ;)

5. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    One mission says I have to get past a laser-cannon, But I haven't seen anything like that although I played several hours

Another thing that starts to annoy me is the fact that every solved mission gives you 500points, so at the beginning there were easy missions and I reached a best Score of 2.900. Now the missions are much harder, so without those extra points it's almost impossible to get a new high-score. I'm not even close to getting a score of 2.000 and it starts to get frustrating

6. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Sometimes I have seen it, but *before* reaching that mission... ^_^'

7. franfox

franfox Member

May 17, 2016
    Designer & Developer
    Barcelona
    Hi, About your first comment. I think you're at level 10, right? That mission requires you to pass through a laser cannon. Laser canons are only located on the "military base zone" (is the gray one with that grumpy robots) then you need to arrive to that zone to achieve it (It's around 800m from the beginning). But don't try to cross a laser canon when is on ;)

[​IMG]

About the second one, you're right, at the beginning you can achieve 1500 points very easy accomplishing 3 missions in one play but I think that if you want to beat your score you should focus on get more level and more gold first (using Lilian to get doble coins for example), when you improve your boost power you can achieve easily more distance and accordingly more score. You also can get a better score killing aliens, getting gold strikes or chaining a big gold streak (If you chain 15 in a play you can get 1500 points only for that). Anyway I think your comment is very interesting and we must evaluate new ways to get points. Thanks!

I hope it helps and thanks for playing!

8. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    #28 sink_or_swim, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    Thanks for the reply. I've seen that cannon a few minutes ago but sadly it was turned on so I died :D now I concentrate on that 900m without booster mission, which is also hard to achieve, at least for me. I already died at 888m and I was about to throw my iPhone at the wall :D

Edit: what about adding a miner that gives you a 2x Score multiplier?

Edit2: finally got 1000m without booster, but the mission is still there, I really hope this is a bug

9. Testopi

Testopi Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2013
    900m without Booster: I've achieved this mission only with the Booster. Maybe a Bug.

10. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    900m *with* Booster! ;)

11. franfox

franfox Member

May 17, 2016
    Designer & Developer
    Barcelona
    The Intergalactic Mining Guild needs you!

[​IMG]

Hi everyone! First of all, thanks for playing Dig Deep! and sharing your feedback here ;)

I think it would be great to know what improvements you like to see in the next updates. We've have some ideas but we want to know your thoughts.

So there's the question:

What improvements or new features you'd like to see in the new versions of Dig Deep?

PS: Let me thank you in advance guys with this little trick :cool: (SPOILER ALERT)

There's an easter egg hidden in the game, maybe you want to listen the soundtrack carefully while you are in the home page :eek:

12. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    #32 sink_or_swim, Jun 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    hows the mission called in english? In german it says "ohne booster" which means "without booster". I've spent almost two hours to finally achieve that mission, are you kidding me :D

alright, it's a translation error. I used the booster and achieved the mission in my first try

13. franfox

franfox Member

May 17, 2016
    Designer & Developer
    Barcelona
    In that mission at Level 10 (Grabe Xm tief, ohne Booster zu verwenden) or in english (Go down Xm using boost units) you need to go down the meters using boosts, not necessarily in the same game... Obviously it's an epic fail from our german translator...

[​IMG]

So let me apologize... sorry. I'll fix it in the next update :(

14. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    It's awesome of you guys to ask what features people want! I haven't played long enough yet to add to this but hopefully soon I can contribute m =] fill then anything that makes the game trickier or harder I usually love. not nessesarily just adding more mines or whatever that would be lame, but more baddies or lava pools you have to try and avoid. just random thoughts and I haven't dug that deep yet so we will see what's down there !

15. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Or a class that digs twice the speed ?! #

16. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    This may be a dumb question but I'm stuck. How do l: up grade and use Rogers special ability?

17. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

When you level up, you get a green gem to upgrade your character's special ability. In the game, collect a bunch of coins in a row and you'll see a shiny, square..thing..rotating around him. Just tap on him to activate his explosion (clears enemies and blocks - useful if you get trapped between aliens).

That reminds me: I suggest a virtual button in the bottom middle of the screen that will appear (and disappear when used) when your special is ready. It would be much easier than moving my finger from their resting position (thumbs on bottom left/right) up to the middle or top where your character is. Just a thought.

18. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Indeed, a third button? Curiouser and curiouser...

19. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #39 ColeDaddy, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    Thanks AKD. How do I acquire the green gems that allow me to upgrade?

20. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Suggestion :
    When u level up u get green gem!!!!
    Also make more unlockables. Many more ... To use currency on.
    Make a special map that costs a lot of green gems that is unlike any map. Maybe one that is neon multicolored that flashes bright vibrant colors that you earn all gold
    On for a short amount of period.