iPad Difficulty of Slotz Racer

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Silver Orange, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Silver Orange

Silver Orange Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    California
    I was planning on picking this game up since it is on sale, but was worrying about one thing, its difficulty level. I definitely don't want a game that is too challenging. For example, I bought Wipeout Pulse for the PSP and then just never played it because it was just too hard, and I DO NOT like wasting money. Is Slotz too frustrating, or is it easy enough just after a while? So express your opinions of the difficulty of this game.

PS: I took a look at the gameplay on YouTube and it looked like the cars were flying off the track pretty often. (Biggest reason I am worried about the difficulty)

2. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    There are 3 different difficulties (Easy, Normal and Hard) that caters all types of player. The control is relatively easy whereas your job is to press the accelerate button. Just make sure you release the button in the upcoming corner and you'll be fine. Trust me, it's a purchase you won't regret. I had play this game for almost 1 week and I found the Hard difficulty is not that hard.

3. Adr3naLine

Adr3naLine Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    No game is too hard if you work at it.
    For SlotZ, as long as you tap the accelerate or release it on sharp turns, you won't fall off. Obviously when you first start you will, but don't get frustrated; that's weak. You'll get it eventually and know when you can accelerate and when you need to let off. For instance, "U" shaped turns probably need some slack on the gas, but straightaways and banked 45 degree spots you can accelerate.
    If you're still having trouble, try using the drift car once you unlock it, it has a bit more leeway when turning.
    I'm currently doing all of the championships on Hard and am finding them to not be overly difficult.

4. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    when you get used turning properly by deccelerating then youll have an easier time in the races. the later tracks get really crazy though but after playiing on them a couple times i was able to race well on them. i understand how you feel about difficult racing games when i first tried "fastlane street racing" i was overwhelmed by the difficulty but any problems i had with slotz were problems i could overcome. i hope this helps in making your decision

5. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Yeah the game is hard... and also boring. I suggest you save your cash and buy something decent.

6. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

The game isn't too hard.
    Definetly get it!

7. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    The good thing about Slotz is that you can change the settings so you can make it easier or harder. There are settings for how fast the cars go, how much they stick on the track (so you don't fly off so often) and how often the opponent cars can fly off.

I say get it because at the moment it is $0.99 and definitely worth it.

There is also another thread about it here.

8. cameronrulz

cameronrulz Member

Dec 11, 2008
    This game is definitely not too hard. I just picked it up last night, since its only $.99 and won my first two races on easy without going off the track once. Then I cranked it up to hard and lost...so I would say that the difficulty is right on track...easy was easy...hard was hard...I would say that it is easily worth $.99.

9. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    Just adjust the settings for your car and the computers and it is not that hard on normal

10. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

I just got word that the SlotZ 1.1.1 update got approved. Primarily a few bug fixes, the one that saves the Oops factor being most important in terms of difficulty control, but also adds the feature to sync to SlotZ Track Editor (which is going through approval at the moment) and ability to use track links to directly launch tracks from Safari on the iPod/iPhone like this one

C K N Q P

11. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    I picked it up, I'll check the settings and see if I can adjust the difficulty...it is pretty difficult

12. touch32g

touch32g Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    not at all

I find if you like slot cars this is a amzing game. I dont find its that hard but it is a bit challenging at the start but once you figure it out its lots of fun. The track builder is very cool to

13. Alichan

Alichan Guest

I have never fiddled with the adjust settings, and have found it to replicate the controls of a real scalextrics really well. The whole learning curve and excitement of finely tuning the index finger, or in the case of the iPhone, the thumb control, as you try to stay on the track around corners, but still maintaining as high a speed as possible is exactly what scalextrics (how the hell do you spell that anyway:confused:) was, and is all about. Love it:D

14. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    It helps a lot to of you change your camera view to trailing because then can see when you're about to fall off

15. Silver Orange

Silver Orange Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    California
    Thanks everyone for giving your opinions! I think I am going to get this game now. Hope that I am not making a bad decision. :D

16. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    silver orange post back if u think it is any good, i luv it

17. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    add a poll

It's difficult to get started but then it gets easyer

18. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Doesn't it seems to be true for ALMOST every all games. Well, at least not for puzzle games (that's for me though). :p

19. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

If we made it a walkover with no skill at all required (as some people want!), then everyone would complain it's too easy and too short etc. (no matter how long the game is).

It's a no-win situation being a game dev ;)

20. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I didn't find this game hard. Once you get in a rhythm you can just rip through courses and lap the 2nd place racer multiple times. Just experiment during the first few laps and get in a groove :) Great Game