Did you also payed for firmware 3.0 twice?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by organerito, Jun 19, 2009.

1. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    #1 organerito, Jun 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
    Many of us thought that firmware 3.0 was released before the 17th and tried to buy it. We could pay, but we couldn't download it. itunes registered that as a payment for firmware 2.0. On the 17th, it asked me to pay again. I thought it had already registered my payment. I thought it was the same as in the apps the you can redownload many times. I went to see my purchase history and it charged me again.

Are you on the same situation? Did itunes give you your money back?

2. RealRacer

RealRacer Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Personally I wouldn't pay to download 3.0, actually I don't have to pay and I still don't want it.....yet maybe 3.1

However since you have paid for 3.0 but got billed for 2.0

As long ad you email iTunes support and tell them the date your situation in a clear mannor that exploits the fact that this is obviously there mistake based on the fact you wouldn't buy 2.0 twice (for any practical reason on the same divice), not to mention that the release date for 3.0 and the server issue on that date may have been the cause of this double billing.

Provide order numbers for each transaction if you can, I'm sure yours isn't the first report of this situation.

3. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    same thing happened to me, I contacted itunes support yesterday and I got my response today saying that they understand that the purchase was unintentional and they will creidt my account 10.79$ in 3 to 5 business days :)

However I doubt that they'll give you your money back if you don't contact them.

Here is the link, provide all information and you'll get a response probably tomorrow ;)

EDIT: couldn't find the link I used, this one probably works too though https://daw.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/DSAuthWeb.woa/wa/login?appIdKey=D531F1C41BE58EA5BA864EA31A79DD0343C041D333CFA2246651628F0291F620

4. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I also contacted them, but they haven't answered me saying they'll give me my money back. It sounds I'll get my money back too some day.

Thanks