iPad Did Gameloft quietly update Ferrari GT?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by spiffyone, Jan 26, 2009.

1. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I recall when I first played the game (the day they dropped price to $5.99), the control when using touch steering (not the steering wheel) and manual acceleration was a sort of "swipe thumb up and hold to accelerate, swipe down slowly to slow down, swipe down all the way to brake", and then these tiny lines would trail after your thumb and you could move the thumb you were accelerating with to steer (the line trails would follow your movements).

That doesn't seem to be there now. :confused:

Instead touch steering when using manual acceleration is as strange to use as when one first heard of the option without playing the game. The pedals are on screen, but you can no longer swipe up to accelerate, hold, and move your thumb to steer. Now it's just the gas and brake pedal onscreen and the tap "zones".

Also, touch steering is now called "screen tap" under the menu. I'm pretty sure it wasn't called that before, but rather it was called "touch" something or other.

Did anyone else notice this?

Or am I just buggin' the fudge out? :confused:

Under "version" it states "1.1.0" btw.

Did Gameloft sneak an update by us without really announcing it? I don't recall downloading an update. But I do recall the steering when using touch controls being exactly as I described earlier. Now it's changed.

Ah well...I still use motion sensing anyway. I just found it odd that it changed a bit without a heads up. If it did change....

2. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    That would be one of the first times I've heard a Gameloft game getting an update (hint hint *BiA* ahem!)

3. spiffyone

Dec 7, 2008
    Nah, they updated Asphalt 4 once. Of course that last update to Asphalt raped the motion sensing (and yes, I will always bring that up no matter how many times I've brought it up before), but, y'know....

Still, anyone notice the change in touch controls?

4. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 2008
    http://appshopper.com/games/ferrari-gt-evolution

There has been no version updates.

arn

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

6. spiffyone

Dec 7, 2008
    Okay...

but did you notice the change in touch steering controls?

It's not the way it was originally (as I had described it). It's different now.

7. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    #7 RedStaR, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
    Even though very rare Gameloft updates have happend

Asphalt 4-had an update that apparently screwed up the accel. steering

Guitar rock tour-stability fixes and itouch compatable

RealSoccer '09-roster update

They aren't the kind of updates we're used to or would like. However imo gameloft makes fairly solid games. I've never had any of the GL titles give mr blank screen like I've read in some reviews, and they are usually bug free (not glitch free) compared to the six good titles that have came out this past couple weeks.

Cube update: rifle bug-update submitted
    Payback: story mode glitch-pulled, fix in progress
    Rebel onslaught: 6th level crash after first update- pulled resubmitted updated/fixed.
    Slot z: A.I. Bugs & varius- update in progress
    Blue Attack: network bug- update in progress
    Armageddon squadron mp update: sound bug in mp mode-update in progress

While these apps realeased with some minor hiccups it's great to have the feedback and response from the dev's. Even though they might not have a gameloft budget they've made great titles & let the community shape what's best.
    I really wish Gameloft could practice they ethics of indie dev's....get back in the trenches but they're way to corperate, meaning they think their $hit don't stink.