Did any one get the virus?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Stykman, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

http://singularity.com/

This is a good book if you like reading about tinfoil hat theories... which just so happens to be one of my favorite past times!

2. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Mine too! LoL, It sucks though especially being prior military, I swear there is a chip in my head somewhere....
    i know it... :eek::eek::eek:

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

To save some re-typing, I posted this on the howstuffworks.com blog regarding this 2012 crap-

As a military guy, can't you totally see military technology eventually taking the exact path they do in the terminator movies? I mean, we're already doing the remote drone fighter stuff. It probably won't be long until those same drones are unmanned working off basic AI to patrol no fly zones without human interaction... Back when the Terminator movies came out this all seemed pretty far fetched because most computers were limited to simple things like-

10 PRINT "BUTTS"
    20 GOTO 10

But now... Like I said, I'm not really a conspiracy theorist or doomsday prophecy kind of guy, but this stuff isn't that far fetched anymore.

4. iPodTouchApplication

iPodTouchApplication Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Macs with any microsoft programs on them could still get it. But PC's are a lot more likely

5. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I have to say quite an interesting theory... The only thing i see that disputes that theory is that it will take a lot longer then the next few years till a computer can actually be "Self Aware".......

6. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Meh. I don't check up on it. 9 days off.

Ohh. Odd. I would listen to Nostradamus more than that. :p

That's nice Pablo.

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Actually, Nostradamus is all about this 2012 stuff too. Like most Nostradamus theories, you really have to loosely translate a lot of his stuff. Here's a site which goes over it, which plenty of bold red text which I believe is required for any kind of conspiracy or end of days web site- http://www.satansrapture.com/nostra2012.htm

Please keep in mind I don't believe in any of this, I just like reading about it... Kind of like Sasquatch and the Loch Ness Monster. ;)

8. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    lol!
    FTW

9. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    actually I don't believe the stuff either but I got really interested in the mayans as Danny95 can tell you:D.

What I'm guessing is that seen as 12/21/12 is the end of the 5th cycle mayans got bored of doing more of the math and astrology stuff and started worrying more about their families and communities getting enough water and solving their own crisis.

10. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    uhhh this is what I got........:

1-1-2010 Microsoft Products will stop working and Macs will rule the world!

11. hirschy75

hirschy75 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2009
    No actually if you are running windows on your mac you are still open to windows viruses despite the face that it's a different machine

12. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    One easy way to determine if you have a conficker infection is to try to go to microsoft's website, and try to install an anti-viral software. If your computer is infected with conficker it will not allow you to either access the web-page, or download the software. I'm pretty sure it will try and block any attempt to download anti-mal software so have somebody download and e-mail to you. That is supposed to bypass the conficker worm's security.
    ;