Universal Diablo Immortal (by Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 1, 2022.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It’s also possible that they just didn’t think of the implications of the monetization scheme, which is likely designed to have a much lower median payment. But maybe I’m being too kind.

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
  3. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

4. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    What characters are you guys playing?

My main character is the Wizard and up to lev 54 and mostly solo. I'm finding the dungeons getting harder and harder to solo. I'm really having to case spells, then run around until cooldown expires, then cast more spells and repeat and rinse. Its becoming a chore to go though dungeons now. Perhaps I'm picking the wrong spells though. I kinda settle on mix of black hole, meteor, scorch and lightning, arcana wind, ice crystal for PvE. Haven't tried teleport.

Kinda looking for a character that I can keep soloing at higher levels. Tried briefly each character at low levels and kinda picking between barbarian/crusader if melee or demon hunter for ranged.

5. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I'm maining Demon Hunter and like it a lot. I've died once (which makes the game kind of a joke to me) because I wasn't paying attention, but I'm only at 38.

tops2 likes this.
  6. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Yeah, I’ve been keeping up with how this whole thing unfolds, and this game is a travesty, I decided.
    There is an apparently very good simulacrum of a game layered on top of the actual game, which is to trick the users to pay up and keep them engaged with the platform on a daily basis. It’s obviously not a new thing, but it crushes my heart witnessing my beloved diablo being used in such a way.

If you’re enjoying this game, don’t take this personally, but I wish people understood the actual harm these “games” are directly responsible for, because they’re purposely designed to take advantage and exploit the human psych. It’s great if you’re not affected, but consider how sometimes we can be in a more vulnerable spot in life, and can fall prey to the stupidest of things, without ever seeing it coming.

houseofg likes this.
  7. ivalerio90

ivalerio90 Active Member

May 27, 2014
    IMMORAL AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

8. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Simulacrum! At first I thought you were recommending an alternative game :p

9. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    I do sometimes struggle to form cohesive sentences :D

10. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    That was not one of those instances. I thought it was very well put (if not depressing!)...

11. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    It is depressing, and I hate that I kinda feel like I’m being the old man yelling at clouds… 20 years ago people worried videogames would turn their kids into psychopaths or whatever, and now here I am, worried videogames will turn people into gambling addicts… But the more I think about it, the more despicable it all seems to me, so, yeah *shakes fist at cloud*

12. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    So I ventured out to Reddit..and found comments about enemy scaling. Sounds like people are having similar experience I'm having of no matter my level nor items, it doesn't feel like I'm getting stronger. I thought I was just progressing through the story and going to tougher dungeons. Guess I'll dial back the extra stuff I've been doing and just finish the story and call it quits.

13. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    i'm lev 58 soon hell mode :p ( lev 60 )

i don't understand why everyone complains, game is fun, i have spend 5€ for the saison pass.

i ll finish the main story with 5€ and i am sure you can finish it without spend any dollars...

People complain about what exactly ? endgame content to be competitive ?

Every online game on mobile has this monetize system, nothing new.

But do you really need to be THE best character on the server ?

Game is beautiful, there is a lot of farm, dungeon, boss and team play !

So... just stop want to be in the top 100 of the server, for that you need to spend a lot of money, but for enjoying the game i'm not sure its essential ^^

14. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    #94 Jstorm, Jun 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
    Well, maybe because the meat and bones of Diablo series is the gear hunting after finishing Hell, or at the least that’s what fans expect. My experience goes so far to Diablo 2, but the first Hell Diablo (or Baal) kill is where the tutorial ends.

I had my hopes up when people were praising the game upon release, came back after a few days only to find issues with F2P mobile game weren’t different with this.
    It’s just sad.

Oh, and yes I have a phone.

stubbieoz likes this.
  15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Well I’m paragon 15 so far and none of the iap has mattered it hasn’t spoiled my fun at all. Honestly the whole argument about iap and this 110k video is a bit retarded, you could add up that cost for all mobile games start CoC and say how much it would cost you to not play the game and just max everything from day 1 or say the same with countless other games. Would I rather it not be there? Of course I would.

@tops2 I’m a Wizard too and I find the legendaries and skill choices make a big difference on your enjoyment of the gameplay. I find a few changes can completely change my enjoyment of the game, but I definitely feel Wizards have to work harder than other classes. As for dungeons don’t run them solo after the start of the game try to do groups of 4 as you get a chance to find gems while running them with 4 players, plus it’s easier for you as you can just focus mostly on dps.

16. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    This is all encouraging. I do try to team up when entering dungeons. Thanks for the tips, and feel free to drop more here!

Any tips on how to find the hidden dungeons that will open up (you get that alert) when you're going through a given zone? It doesn't appear on the map right?

Oh, and I started a warband on The Last Vestige Server, just so the related goal would get off my damn screen. It's called TouchArcadeJC - "JC" is for the Janitorial Crew because I chose "Evening" focus, i.e. after-hours mop up duty! :p

ste86uk likes this.
  17. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    Hello, I agree just adding up every consumable would always amount to an egregious bill. However, the iap argument is not retarded at all, I’m sorry. Yes, you can play without paying. But when a game is actively balanced around trying to nickel and dime you, you can’t say that’s not an issue. There are many ways to implement iap without ruining the balance of the game, but that’s clearly not what’s happening here. You have to pay, either with money, or with time (daily logins, trying to squeeze the most out of “free” rewards, even changing your daily routine), or you can be hyper-casual, login once in a while just to smash some monsters and ignore every nonsensical resource that comes your way, which imo seems to be the best approach here.

ste86uk likes this.
  18. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @houseofg No sadly I haven’t found a good way to figure out where they are apart from sometimes remembering where they are, I really wish they did show up on the map. I’m on a different server to people here. The upcoming forums were quiet so I joined that Scrappy Academy discord and joined their EU team on The Ancients server.

@Warriv I don’t mean the whole argument, I just mean that one that people keep focusing on with the 110k video it’s all I see people mention all the time recently.

19. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    What is your server ? i'm DH paragon 1 atm

20. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Kind of sucks that we're all stuck on different islands based on a random placement or initial decision.