Universal Diablo Immortal (by Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 1, 2022.

1. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Ended up playing a bit through the first "quest" and feels okay. Aside from the cinematic, the rest of the game play so far kinda feels like other arpgs.. I'm considering trying another class (I'm playing the Wizard) to see if its more exciting. I think I'm more interested in seeing the story than the game play.

2. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I read that someone played for 20 hours, and never needed to pay for anything.
    Said it’s mainly to help you level up quicker and avoid the grinding.
    I like grinding in games, makes you feel like you have earned/achieved something

3. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    there is pvp in this game. If one can pay to get ahead of you be it you like grind or not, that’s p2w. Not to forget there’s leaderboard too. In that case likely those who are on top pay not play

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    That’s the reason I find myself outside of these discussions about P2W (or in Ni No Kuni’s case, NFTs) — I have 0 interest in PvP. If the game is fun to play, don’t care about the grind, either.

ThirdMoon and sugimulm like this.
  5. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    I just got to level 10 I personally prefer the old fashioned style just leveling up by playing more so far I haven’t had to spend anything I’m quite enjoying the game so far and I just played for an hour ultra graphics and 30 fps on my iPad Pro 11 2021 so far no Overheating and no battery problems

6. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Game won’t load up now. It did earlier, but now it crashes back to phone home screen.
    I’ve closed game off, reset phone.. but still same

7. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Are people getting on the "TA Server" Jared suggested, Last Vestige? I have been playing on a different server & do not want to start over if nobody is also going over to that server.

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Too many things that are wrong here to comment on them all and give the correct information.

But I’ll try keep an eye out for more, also playing on ultra at 30 fps with no battery heating at all.

I’m enjoying the game and got to level 30 so far. I can definitely see me spending a lot of time with the game. I already have a set server, clan and warband as nobody here was really talking much before launch so I joined the Scrappy Academy group on discord so have gone with them.

9. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    60 fps is really the battery killer. Will have to switch back to 30 if I want efficient battery management.

Too late to switch servers for me. I’m on Europe - Thorned Hulk. If anyone else here is on the same, maybe we can team up. (Even start/join a clan maybe)

Highly impressed with the game. (Apart from the servers, login and character creation) Already bought the beginner’s pack as that was dirt cheap. Always appreciate when games don’t throw highly expensive MTX at the player right from the beginning.

Thinking of getting the battle pass as well. Just have to decide which one to get out of the 2 options.

squarezero and agreen437 like this.
  10. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    I was wondering about the battery and the frame rate ok gotcha steer clear of 60 fps has anyone tested the higher frame rate on the latest iPad Pro I haven’t tried it yet got one of the high end base model 512 gigs 11 inch

11. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Now just hangs loading.
    Deleted it to download again… but noticed appstore isn’t working, so maybe that’s why my game wouldn’t start or load.. because apple having problems

12. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    #32 Bloodangel, Jun 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    Just realised my WiFi is down, so maybe that’s the cause of my problems with game

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    On an 13 Pro, 60 FPS doesn’t seem to be as big a battery hit. Definitely prefer it that way.

To be honest, this is what I was hoping it would be (well, except for being premium, which I never expected). Enjoying it a lot.

14. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @Rocksaint you can buy the normal battle pass and it reduces the cost from the higher tier one if you choose to purchase that afterwards. So you can buy the normal one and then upgrade if you choose to without loosing out.

Rocksaint likes this.
  15. Bloodangel

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    What’s annoying me is that it don’t give you long enough to adjust your characters face… I’ve ran out of time 3 times now and it sends me back to start screen, and have to start again

16. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yes, I joined Last Vestige, and started over (just from level 11) to do it! Kind of sucks that you can't hop servers at all.

17. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    #37 solarnya, Jun 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2022
    I can't add my friend...
    I sent it surely and App says "your friend request has already sent"
    My frind and I could make a party..
    How to solve this if anyone knows?

solved: it needed email confirmation

18. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    good for you then. Not gonna debate anything. But being a semi hardcore Diablo fan and sharing my personal input, I do not look at it that way. At least not for a Diablo game. In all honestly the amount I time I spend in all Diablo games (3 till date not counting Immortals with expansions / remasters counted towards the original) combined in this life time is more than all game time I had in my life time for all mobile games combined. With that said in this game so far I only can say it only has the skin but without soul. And I am not surprise because from the day it got announced and looking at it I already gave it a very Low expectation. It resemble closer to D3 yet far from being a Diablo game despite what the title says. Also another not surprising thing given the man behind it. And in all honestly at least imo D3 was the worst In the series even till this day with all the updates. As it was already a game that deviate it’s identity. And I think Immortal just further make it worst.

That’s my take which you can disagree with is fine. You can have your opinion just like I can. Again I am not trying to or starting any debate. Just putting in my personal thoughts. Good for you that you enjoyed it be it grind p2w or what not. But so far it’s quite a disappointment for me despite already going in with very Low expectation. I only can hope D4 can redeem itself which is one I still had some hopes in.

stubbieoz likes this.
  19. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    I like it so far. I think i will put many hours in it. Finally the wait is over after sooo much time.

20. Dman

Dman Member

May 14, 2012
    How do I join the TA guild/clan/whatever it’s called in the game?? I currently have a level 13 Demon hunter.