Dexter - upcoming iDevice game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by LordCrom, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    To me it looks like what I term "nu school adventure".

By that I mean it hearkens more to the adventure game genre than any action game, and, despite having some periods of action, is not an action/adventure as the mix isn't fully mixed.

If you've played other "nu school" adventure games you'll know what I mean. Games like Dreamfall, Shenmue, Indigo Prophecy, and Omikron: The Nomad Soul all fall within this category. It would seem to me, from the videos I've seen and the impressions written that Dexter falls into that sort of category.

2. tjccooll

tjccooll Active Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Can somebody tell me the official release date for this game? I'm tired of looking on the App store for a big new game and there's nothing but crap and nothing good in the past few days. So can someone give me a release date to look forward to?

3. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

apparently the end of this month?

4. tjccooll

tjccooll Active Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Oh wow well thanks for that specific date the last time someone told me those exact same words I was waiting way longer than the end of that month.

5. Zarile3

Zarile3 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    maybe you should look that information up for yourself rather than asking everyone else to do it for you. OR...you could realize that none of us really know, and when someone says apparently the end of the month, that's all any of us know, and your being a jerk making a comment like that. Would you rather someone give you a timeline answer, or no answer at all?

6. defaude

defaude Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I guess end of this month won't happen, they will likely bring the game out at the start of season 4 as a promotion.

And the first episode of season 4 will arrive at 09/27/09, so maybe game is out in 4th week of september ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0773262/episodes#season-4

7. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    No, they won't release the game when season 4 starts. Last time I checked, they were about 80% finished with the game. And also, they said that they would release new levels when new episodes of season 4 come out, in updates. So that kind of tells us that it will be released before season 4.

Well if I do have to wait until september to get my evil hands on the game, I may have to take my anger out and kill someone (as long as they satisfy Harry's code of course ;))

8. defaude

Dec 8, 2008
    this is no argument, in comparison MotorStorm Pacific Rift had a 94 % complete code when the game was shown in summer 2007, you could have guessed then that it would have been arrived end 2007, but it didn't.

Even if a programmer think the game code/media parts are nearly complete, the manager of a studio has the last word, and the suits often decides stupidly to hold on.

I think the idea to release updates with new levels on season4 was just an idea and must be thrown away because time is starting to run out

9. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#49 killercow, Jun 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
    No that's not that. the way they want to do it is bring four episodes that cover the "ice truck killer" from season 1. So it'll be 4 separated games.They want to bring them one at a time in a regular way and will deliver the last one before season 4 starts. They want to do all the episodes before they launch the first one. From the info they've given it looks like the first one will be shipping end of june early july. The first episode will have 5 hours of gameplay.

This post should no be seen as offending, i'm just saying facts here. also i love dexter a lot and this is my most anticipated game on the iphone. And also can't wait for season 4!

10. defaude

Dec 8, 2008
    Oh no that sounds stupid, so I put them 4 icons beside the 3 of toy bot diaries or what :p

5 wasted icon slots, it could be only 2... 3.0 has only 11 pages, I don't like it to use spotlight for disappeared icons on page 12 in the future, my free app slots are running out again :mad:

I HOPE they roll out the last 3 episodes as in game purchases

11. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

they could do it but the interview were before 3.0 so i don't know if they will do that!

12. tjccooll

tjccooll Active Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Dude calm down jeez I was only joking I'm a good guy. That was my idiotic cousin posting those comments. But yeah I understand that was real jerkish of him but he's just eager to play the game. He apologizes for any inconvenience and so do I. We share this username and this happens alot. Ugh. So once again sorry my bad.

13. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    No problem

14. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Isn't Awake a nu school adventure game?

15. stoksyXL

stoksyXL Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Where is this game? No sign of it at all, not even a bit of news.

16. TheRoyalJester

Jul 14, 2009
    I Hear ya. I've been waiting for this game ever since IGN said it was coming on june 30. This game looks freakin amazing and I can't wait to play it. Im guessing the price will be at the very least 9.99 but if i gotta, I'm willing to pay more. Please come out soon :) lol

17. hdgreen

hdgreen Well-Known Member

yeah i think the price will be high. Also i hope that after they bring out the first season in that chapter format or whatever they're planning, that they make an entirely new story which isnt just a videogame re-make of the tv series. That would be really kool.

18. chrisrushing

chrisrushing Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    Chattanooga, TN
    oooooooooooooohhhh man.
    had no idea this was going to be a game.
    stoked.

19. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Speck is making a Dexter case to come out alongside the game.
    http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/07/24/speck-to-release-dexter-iphone-case/

I won't be getting the case, but I'll definitely be getting the game as soon as it's released. It looks like it's actually going to be a full complete game (hopefully) and even if I didn't like the show I think I'd still be interested in getting the game. Hopefully it's released soon. I wouldn't be suprised if they released it in September around the time that the fourth season begins.

20. User123

User123 Active Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Russia
    Greetings are details about game? When it leaves?