iPad Dexter; Did this fade away?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by WOW_GEE, Jan 4, 2009.

1. WOW_GEE

WOW_GEE Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    I remember hearing awhile ago that they had plans for a game based on the television show "Dexter" made specifically for the iPhone, and they seemed really excited about it. (one of my favorite shows; anyone here watch it?)

http://www.dasgamer.com/marc-ecko-entertainment-announces-details-for-dexter-iphone-game/

It has been a long time since this announcement and i was wondering if anyone here knew anything about if this game is even still in development.
    Idk, it was just one of those that i was looking forward to and it'll be a real downer if it turns out the games been dumped.
    Any Dexter/iPhone fans have any news?

2. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Dexter is fantastic! Even though the first season was never reached again!
    And I also was waiting for this game. Now you just get a stupid puzzler :)

3. WOW_GEE

Jan 2, 2009
    I know! What happened? they seemed so excited to announce it; they were like "its gonna be a revolutionary game that utilizes all aspects of the iphone..." and then they just dropped it.
    The date on the article is October 2008; if they're trying to make a truly quality game then fine, take a little longer, but at least inform us as to whats gonna happen.
    Sadly i'm doubting whether this game is still in production.

4. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    i dont know. i enjoyed season 2 as well. halfway through season 3, still enjoying it. i just wished they didnt do the murderers run in the family thing in the first season.

it's like that will NEVER be matched. dexter killing his brother is STILL the best moment in dexter history!

5. WOW_GEE

Jan 2, 2009
    I dunno; dexter and the skinner or dexter and miguel comes pretty close too.

6. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    the final of season 2 with doakes was the best dexter moment for me, the density of the story was incredible at this point of the story...

7. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    BUT you can feel that season 2 and 3 seem like written episode by episode.
    Both seasons have MANY flaws. The first one was first on paper, then filmed and you feel that totally....it is like one great very long movie.
    And the success made the creators work hard to come close to this with the 2 new stories. And story 2 just took the help of continuelly showing boobs in every possible moment. And story 3 finally managed to bring back some deeper story but with two much cheesy family stuff. Thats why season 1 is by far (and I mean miles!) the best of all seasons, close to perfection in every aspect.

Back to topic: I WANT THAT GAME! :)

8. WOW_GEE

Jan 2, 2009
    Very true. Season 2 started getting good at the end, season 3 kept me interested until the very last moment. Man Dexter is awesome.

About the game, by biggest curiosity is how it will be done. Seems like it would be quite a complicated game if you get to use the code to choose your kills while investigating, keeping up 'normal' relationships while not exposing your murderous monster, no?

9. SmallSoldiers81

SmallSoldiers81 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    oHiO
    354298_thumb.jpg

I hope it isn't canceled the graphics look amazing

10. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    I adore the show, but it seems to be a difficult brand "capture the magic" with. You could certainly brand some minigames with it, but I don't know if, as a viewer, you ever really think "I want to be like Dexter Morgan". He catches the bad guys yes, but brutally murders them and chops them in to little bits.

Mmm. :D

Do we really need an actual murder simulator? :p

11. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    mmm... maybe borrowing a little from "cooking mama DS" gameplay ? (Chop the bodies into equal parts and stuff;))
    of maybe it will be all about studying blood splatters ... or maybe only a graphic novel.. who knows...

12. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    That would be cool. A picture book/interactive fiction game of Lindsay's original books, and narrated by the Actor. :)