DEVS, what are YOU playing?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Anders, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Anders

Anders Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Co-owner and CTO at Color Monkey
    Sweden
    Even though our own games usually are pretty physics oriented and in 3D and all that, I tend to play rather different games.

I really like classic strategy games and Tower Defense games. I play Strategery almost every day (on brutal difficulty, of course) and I'm quite fond of geoDefense too. I love how balanced and hard it is. Still have one or two levels to go. I play Pinball Dreams every now and then too.

So, what do you other developers like to play?

2. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Blocked is about the only thing I have time for on a daily basis these days.

3. Kris Jones

Kris Jones Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Producer/Publisher/Designer of Mobile Games
    America
    Kind of a hard question to answer for me.

For fun: I just finished up with Zombieville USA and iDracula (No endpoint, but I'm done with them for awhile.) I sometimes get distracted by iCopter. Next I'll probably be doing Edge and Galcon.

For research: I research many games to see their fun points and also their flaws. I play about 10-15 games a day, most for no more than 2 minutes before I turn it off.

4. aniguchisan

aniguchisan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    That's a fair bit of gameplay. iCopter is quite the addicting one, most certainly. I guess if it stems from one of the most addictive online games ever, you'd expect it to be just that.

5. mitrezom

mitrezom Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Here's a screen of my top played games.

Like most devs I play pretty much any game that I think I could learn from so the rest of my phone is pretty cluttered :)

6. bit_Jon

bit_Jon Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Artist/Markerting
    Chicago IL
    No time for play, have to create... J/K. I finally got Fieldrunners so that, iDracula, and Bejeweled 2 every once and a while. Along with a handful of others I don't play that much. not much time for any of them though :(

7. aniguchisan

aniguchisan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Must be awesome to have your own game in there too ;)

8. Jeremy1026

Jeremy1026 Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    I'm hooked on iMafia right now.

9. I WISH I had time to just play games (not much time between my regular job, my commute, my wife and working on the latest update to my game).

But I did get Wolfenstein3D and played through the first few levels. Ahhh, that brings back memories. I can't wait for Doom! :)

10. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Developer
    Wisconsin
    Ive been playing iDracula and a bunch of my friend's at PDAMill's games and once in a while hit Dizzy Bee or FieldRunners yet.

Oh and my own of course...

11. Naughty_Ottsel

Naughty_Ottsel Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Pocket God and Famous

12. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    I used to play Fieldrunner but now I'm just hanging around with iDracula, Oregon Trail and Monopoly haha!~

13. ezone

ezone Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Game Developer @ Ezone.com
    Perth, Australia
    Because we use Unity3D to develop our bigger/3D games I usually grab any new game that Unity devs are putting out. I think Zombieville USA has had the most plays on my iPhone.

My kids love Flick Fishing.

14. MuN

MuN Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Game Developer
    Las Vegas, NV
    Almost every day there is something new added to Gemmed!, so I mostly play it before going to sleep. If not, I check out new games I hear on these message boards, or see on the AppStore. If not, I love playing Sudoku!

15. blue ox

blue ox Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    I like to play Gemmed!

Share and enjoy,

16. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    i'm not a dev, but just want to post that this is such a great idea for thread :)
    btw, i play prism a lot lately... :)

17. InsertWittyName

InsertWittyName Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    I don't buy many apps, I find it distracts me from what I should be doing ;)

I've tried a fair amount of free apps, but I've bought:

Rooms, Cro-Mag Rally, geoDefense, Pinch 'n Pop!, The Creeps!, AppSniper, Sneezies, Tweetie, Fieldrunners & Zentomino.

18. Space Ninja and Thesus receive the most play time. I also play TanZen quite a bit. I want to buy Zen Bound, since everything about it seems like it is right up my alley, but I haven't had a lot of time to play games recently.

19. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

Rogue Touch and just getting into Textropolis although I'm terrible at it (now my Mum's favourite non son written game). I've also been playing the Aussie Defence Jobs Games Supreme Air Combat one for kicks when I have a spare minute. Very simplistic but a fun freebie :)

20. Hello

Hello Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    California;
    thats what she said :p

im surprised how much devs play apps they havent made and even help their comepltition