Devs Wanted for Animal Crossing-like Game

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Tap Dat App, Sep 12, 2009.

1. scottyd2k9

scottyd2k9 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    Yeah we neeeeed screenshots !

2. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    I want screenshots too!

3. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Here is a few major questions:

Will there be Minigames? (Like the ones in Animal Crossing for GameCube)
    Is it in 2d or 3d?
    Will there be push notifications?
    Will it be playable on WiFi with other friends?

4. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    So many questions, and no answers. Yet. :eek:

5. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Minigames have not yet been determined. Probably to come later.
    3D or Bust
    Not sure what the exact need for them will be yet, but eventually I'm sure.
    Of Course!

6. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    SWEET :D haha im pumped for the end of the year already :p

7. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Hehe great more pressure...trust me, we want this app out as much as you do (awesome game of our dreams + money = hell ya!) but our funding is getting cut a little and we need more cash to hire some more skilled developers...or at least get them to listen to us as no one famous (such as Mountain Sheep) that we've contacted has ever gotten back to us so far.

There IS something you can do to help if you are really interested: We are taking open, safe, and secure donations of *ANY* amount through a trustworthy PayPal system at http://bit.ly/iDonate - Now we can't promise you that your donation is gonna make this game come out faster or even at all if something really bad ever comes along (please, let's hope for the best & not the worst!) but your donations will help us reach our goal, improve the developing app, pay developers, help improve the TDA site, etc etc. So it will definitely be put to good use & we thank you kindly and greatly if you do decide to donate any amount of money. :)

8. Foozelz

How about you make a deal with the TA members!
    Like on Stupid Mario Brothers: The Movie (Search it on YouTube)
    Donate on Paypal(any amount) and have your name in the credits.

9. scottyd2k9

scottyd2k9 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    Yeah thats a brilliant idea plus have a donation screen on the main menu also telling who had donated, so have the names of people in :
    The credits
    &
    The main page on another page...

If youdo this more people will donate money also only make the list to the people who have gived more and top 5 donaters..

I'll donate when i get paid !

10. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    I do have somewhat of a deal going on. If you donate to TDA at http://bit.ly/iDonate (any amount that's $5 and above), you can get an advertisement of whatever you offer (maybe it's your YouTube channel, your app?, your Twitter, your Podcast, your Website, etc etc) on www.iTapDatApp.com for at least 1 month (or possibly just slightly longer) per $5 donation. The creators of 9000BC & 2012: Zombies vs. Aliens donated to us! That is why their ad & link for their newest game can be found on the left side of our site. ;)

11. Foozelz

Since I cannot own a Paypal at the moment, is there any way to pay you guys?

12. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    #132 Tap Dat App, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
    Well, you don't even need a Paypal account to pay us. You can just pay with a straight credit card donation and the Paypal system accepts a lot of/most credit cards & some bank accounts. Other than that, we are kinda unsure as to how you would like to make your payment donation. If you know of another way, we can work something out with you. Thanks for your interest! =)

13. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    I have no money to offer, but may I offer any sort of labor?

14. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Well besides money, which is honestly like the biggest problem haha, ummm...we could still use more SKILLED programmers & more REALLY GOOD graphic artists. We'd also like the help from some people who've been through this experience before and know what the hell they are doing so they can help us xD. I'm not sure what else I can suggest for now...

But spreading the word about our website wouldn't hurt either ;)

15. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    I'm a mediocre artist who would do free! But I'll deff advertise your site!!!

16. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Oh and besides more money for devs, we are building up a fund to buy an iPad close to launch. We really will need one of these in order to create a special version of the game for the device and it will help us keep up with the latest iDevice evolution & experience as we have already played around with the dev/SDK tools a little bit. We are aiming for the cheapest version, 16GB WiFi Only - $499.99 - but we obviously don't expect you guys to donate that much, unless you just live & breath the word "AWESOME".

17. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    www.kickstarter.org it's either that or www.kickstart.org ou can try to build up some cash for your project

18. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Well kickstarter seems to be in some type of scary language lol and kickstart is about helping people get out of poverty...what is this website more specifically supposed to help us with xD?

(P.S. My 800th Post on TA - WOOT!)

19. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    My bad! Haha it's www.kickstarter.com ! Haha that should help :)

20. sokaroka

sokaroka Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    I just want to say, that towards the start (Not sure if it changed since I didn't read all 14 pages), but having set characters wouldn't be so perfect?
    One of the appeals for Animal Crossing type games is the customization, your house, character, outfit, hairstyle etc.
    I think you could have those characters, but many would prefer some other more Animal Crossing types that are customizable.