Devs Wanted for Animal Crossing-like Game

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Tap Dat App, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    P.S. I just did a slight check of the unofficial fan forums (about to go to bed anyways, so done with work for the day) and I saw that it already has 50 registered members. It's not my forums, but thanks guys. It feels good that a lot of people are interested in our creation. :)

2. ahmed409

ahmed409 Member

Dec 22, 2009
    I FINALLY FOUND IT! omg, after such a long time and a lot of stuff happening i finally found the name of the song!
    its called ''to love'' or ''For The Sake Of Love'' by Park Hye Ri. its from a korean drama called ''boys over flowers'' , and by accident i also found another song that would work greatly, its called ''Cellogic'' Kim Young Min,*huff*huff*
    ive been anxous to get you guys this information, anyway, here are links to pages you might want to look at! see ya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1rB3cmtPjY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3auW9cfm8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boys_Ov...eries)#1st_OST

3. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Update: The Development Process will be going into a major overhaul in progress this summer as been planned since the creation of the idea for the app. Working on brand new art sketches right now, looking towards new creative directions as well. Support is welcomed, so if you're good at art or coding, drop us a line. :cool:

4. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    There's no email address on this thread or on your website.

5. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    #225 Tap Dat App, May 22, 2010
    Last edited: May 22, 2010
    Sorry, I was expecting people to send a PM, but it's [email protected] and there are more specifics on what you should send to qualify at http://touchtown.itapdatapp.com/

6. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    I volunteered to help awhile ago, no response every. ah welll

7. Tashawn

Tashawn Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    I like the idea but it seems to me that you guys are doing more planning and day dreaming then actually working. I can try to talk to a dev that probably will work with you and help with the modeling and the coding if you are serious. If you look up an app called "Crusade of Destiny" im sure you want your game to run like that or close to it. Games like that take time, money and someone thats know what they are doing and that can show for it.

8. Silver Josh

Silver Josh Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
  9. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    first post: 09-12-2009, 12:41 AM - thats 12-september 2009. i guess, not much happening.. maybe missed the boat when it comes to having something viable for the application store.. wonder how many people have read this thread and done their own thing with it?

10. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    #230 Tap Dat App, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
    The Indefinite Hiatus

Dear all of the supporters of Touch Town™,

I'll be honest, nothing from this has turned out the way I wanted it to. Too many times have we made some progress only to be dumped back down to doing nothing again. There are certain circumstances that prevent me from devoting my entire life to this idea, such as the fact that I'm not a full-time developer for a living, so it is very tough. We've had many developers and artists just randomly kinda leave the project, or suddenly stop being in contact with us. I really do want this to come true, but at this point, I don't know how realistic that is. I would do anything to make this into a full-on completed reality, it's a dream I have extensively thought upon and tried & tried again to make progress with, only to ultimately have too little-to count to show for. I'd like to apologize to everyone I have let down, I wanted this as much as you did. I'm not fully giving up on the idea, nor am I saying that the rights to my ideas expressed in this thread NOR my name "Touch Town™" are okay for public consumption & doing whatever the hell you want with them, but for now since I don't want to get anyone else's hopes up too high, I'm gonna have to pull a "Fall Out Boy" and go ahead & say that Touch Town™ is now officially on an indefinite hiatus. -I want to let you all know, that I, and the rest of the real TDA Team, will always be doing our best to take advantage of any situation that occurs to complete Touch Town™, but unfortunately, many of you are right, there is no way that we have the right resources alone to do this. We've reached out for help, but understandably, this is a very hard thing for anyone to accomplish. The sadest part for me personally, is that there aren't enough games like this. At heart, I am truly a casual gamer. I love video games, but I enjoy casually spirited ones that I play hard-corely. Animal Crossing is without a doubt not the most technologically advanced game ever, but it is a really great one, that represents beautiful parts of life and ultimately freedom that a user can experience through it...if you liked this idea, I highly recommend you pick up Animal Crossing (available on GameCube, DS, & Wii) to reach the closest experience to Touch Town™ currently available. Ultimately though, the road has been an enjoyable one to some degree. We met a lot of great friends inside the developing community and on Touch Arcade and on behalf of everyone on the team: Thank You.

"Where There is a Will, There is a Way."

-Alex

11. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    Well this blows.

So...I've got a great idea for a game :p

12. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    #232 Tap Dat App, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
    No stealing! xP And again, I feel really awful right now. I'm so sorry :'( I'm going to keep trying, but the odds are literally just so slim. It's very hard to find some one who has the skills to help do this, and for the right price. I only received about 2 donations. One of $15 and one of $6. We did use their money to work out a deal with an indie artist who drew some good concept sketches for us, but they dropped contact with us later on and I have yet to reveal the sketches because I don't want everything I've worked on to be stolen.

13. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    NAhhh, its all good man! Life first. My only question, whadda bout the people who donated?

And dont worry! it happens to everyone! it happened to me, I still have a social group of game ideas and a half written game doc. Theres usually some devs who have reached rock bottom with their apps and they look for ideas on new apps, you can try asking them!

14. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    But those devs usually hit rock bottom because they don't have the skills either to develop such an advanced game. And about the donations, check out the above post, I edited it before I even read your question. But to repost it:

"I only received about 2 donations. One of $15 and one of $6. We did use their money to work out a deal with an indie artist who drew some good concept sketches for us, but they dropped contact with us later on and I have yet to reveal the sketches because I don't want everything I've worked on to be stolen."

15. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    Ok! and not always, some just cant and dont know how to get their games our there, or theres a bug or its expensive, who knows!

And you didnt make him sign a contract!?!??!

16. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    No, it was a very casual, "let's see what you can do" type of thing. It was only about a week's work or so, and I paid him through PayPal for what he did. We wanted to keep it up with him and go full-on, but for one reason or another, he didn't continue making this project a priority and eventually as hard as we tried to keep it together, everything just kinda fell apart. We do still have the artwork though, so it wasn't a total waste and if we ever pick this back up, we will have it to show to a future designer to help us continue his work.

17. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    oh, thats good! I have a friend you may be able to talk to (Revolving Door here on TA) and he is an excellent artists!

18. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    I donated, and I'd be sad to see it go.
    I am a graphic artist, perhaps you could use my services? I wouldn't require payment, simply a mention in the end.

19. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    *Cough*Attentionwhore*Cough*

20. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    That sounds really great. Could you email me more specifics (such as what type of art you do, 3D, 2D, etc. using what programs and any other sample work you can show me) at [email protected] - Simply because it is much easier to check my iPhone for new emails and respond than to go on my computer and log into Touch Arcade so constantly.

What the hell? I really hope you're joking because otherwise you're just trying to be a troll because KGameLover did nothing to deserve that comment...o_O