[Devlog] Swipey Rogue, by First-Order Games (swipe-action, autorunning, puzzle-rogue)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by firstordergames, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robbie1350

Robbie1350 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    Can I have a code since I beta test

2. firstordergames

firstordergames Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Devloper
    Los Angeles
    Absolutely! Anyone already testing can update to the latest version in TestFlight and use these codes:

Go to Main Menu --> Try Get Prize --> Redeem Code:
    LOTSAGOLD - gives you 100,000 gold
    LOTSAGEMS - gives you 1000 gems (enough to unlock everything)
    LOTSASPELLS - gives you 12 awesome spells

They're basically awesome. I won't be giving out codes with such ridiculous prizes after release, so get these now and have fun, they're great! :)

I'll give out new codes for everyone else when the game releases (these ones will expire then). :)

3. Robbie1350

Robbie1350 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    When is it coming out

4. firstordergames

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Devloper
    Los Angeles
    No set release date yet. I have submitted it to the App Store for approval so all I can do is wait now.

Just this afternoon, the status changed from "Waiting For Review" to "In Review" so that's a good sign! It's out of the queue and actually being reviewed now. I have been advised by helpful people that Thursday is the day to release games on the App Store so it looks like I'll probably miss this Thursday (tomorrow) :(. So hopefully next Thursday?

I'll be able to give an exact date after it has successfully been approved by the App Store. Until then, I can only guess. Thanks for asking!

New Screenshots

Infographic explaining the Challange Saga mode stats screen

[​IMG]

Random Super Loot room in Free Running mode

[​IMG]

Still one of my favorite Challenge Rooms (Molten #10)

[​IMG]

5. firstordergames

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Devloper
    Los Angeles
    New Screens

A couple new screenshots. Picking up a Pulse Scroll while Free Running in the Magic area, and Challenge Saga's Gadget area Room #9 (dart hell).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stay Tuned

I'm hoping to have a big announcement later today. Stay tuned!

6. firstordergames

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Devloper
    Los Angeles
    Official Trailer Video

I made an "official" trailer video. I tried to make it as completely over the top as possible. Not sure why, but that was my mood. Share and enjoy! (sharing really helps)

Release Date!

OK, here's the full story: I submitted to Apple for App Store approval. It was approved! But, I found a major issue and resubmitted on Wednesday. My last approval time was 5 days so "hopefully" it goes the same and I can release next week: Thursday August 20th. However, if the approval is delayed, then the release date will be pushed a week to Thursday August 27th.

Crossing my fingers here, wish me luck! Hopefully you'll be playing it as early as next week. :)

7. firstordergames

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Devloper
    Los Angeles
    New Screenshots

Some new screenshots for screenshot Saturday.

Free Running mode, run summary screen
    Your score is calculated based on your performance during your run. It combines: rank, number of enemies killed, number of rooms visited, number of caverns visited, amount of loot collected.
    [​IMG]

Challenge Saga mode, overworld progress
    Challenge Saga gives you 200 non-random rooms to test your skills and compete for high scores on leaderboards. The rooms are spread across the 4 unloackable areas of the game.
    [​IMG]

Challenge Saga mode, area progression map
    Each area progression map gives you a quick view of which rooms you've unlocked, how many challenges you completed, and where the bonus gem reward rooms are (every 5 rooms gives you a 5 gem bonus, every 10 a 10 gem bonus).
    [​IMG]

8. firstordergames

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Devloper
    Los Angeles
    New Gameplay Video

I have posted a brand new gameplay capture (HD from device). This video shows gameplay in the Challenge Saga game mode. I beat all challenges in the first 5 challenge rooms in the Molten Area.

Enjoy!

9. firstordergames

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Devloper
    Los Angeles
    And another new gameplay capture video

Brand new HD capture of Free Running mode.

The last Free Running mode capture I did last week ago was very boring! This one rocks!

I didn’t realize until after I posted it that I was using a spell that gave me perks for less walls, less enemies, and less hazards. Great perks if you’re trying for a long run, but not very interesting to make a gameplay demo with. haha, I start with a way cooler spell in this one and it is much more exciting. :) Enjoy!

10. firstordergames

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Devloper
    Los Angeles
    I'm just going to slip this in here. This code will stay active until 24 hours after launch. It gives you 10,000 gold. :) :) Remember it!

[​IMG]

11. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Been following this thread and excited to get this downloaded. Going to be a great week!

12. firstordergames

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Devloper
    Los Angeles
    Hey, thanks for your support!

Unfortunately, it looks like Swipey Rogue won't be releasing this week. I've been waiting for App Store approval and it still hasn't happened. It's Wednesday already and the game still has status: "Waiting For Review" so it means it is still in the queue. Usually when it switches to "In Review" it then takes about 24 hours to be approved (if it goes well). So that means I'll miss the Thursday release date that I was hoping for.

I'm quite sad about this, it means the earliest will now be August 27th (next Thursday). I appreciate everyone's support and apologize for the continued delay. It looks like a great week indeed with Horizon Chase coming out among other great releases. I'm sure everyone will enjoy playing those!

Wish me luck. I'm hoping the approval goes through soon so I can set a final release date for everyone. :)

13. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Not releasing this week? Wowzers

14. firstordergames

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Devloper
    Los Angeles
    Ya, it's a drag but I think it all works out for the best.

I had gotten app store approval but I found a big issue that I just couldn't release with. I guess some people would have done it and just sent in a fix for the next update but it was a bad bug that would suck for anyone if they experienced it so I didn't want that out there. I fixed and re-submitted. The build sat in Apple's queue for 6 days, and then it was approved in an hour. So funny.

Anyway, so many amazing games came out today, I think it's better that I'm out next week. Hopefully their wake will have settled a little by next week and I won't get too lost.

Release Date Set!

Swipey Rogue has been approved by the App Store. The release date is set for next Thursday, 27th August!

Thanks to eveyone who has supported this thread with comments, feedback, and questions. I hope you enjoy the game when it comes out. It was a super long road. I probably should have waited longer before making this thread (the reality of slow gamedev bores people I'm sure, haha). But thanks for sticking with me!

15. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
  16. firstordergames

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Devloper
    Los Angeles
    ^^^ Thanks!

Hey guys. With the release date set, I made a new launch trailer. I tried to make it more subdued than the previous Teaser Trailer (which was completely over the top on purpose).

Check it out (1 minute):

I'll make up some in-game prize codes over the next week and post them in this thread (stuff to get gold, gems, spells in game).

17. firstordergames

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Devloper
    Los Angeles
    Some new screenshots for you. 5 days until release! This coming Thursday it will finally be out. Thanks again for every one's support. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. firstordergames

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Devloper
    Los Angeles
    Hey everyone, just a reminder that Swipey Rogue launches this week! Tomorrow at midnight on the App Store. Hope you enjoy it.

Here's a few new screens from the press kit:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

P.S. I'll post some in-game prize codes tomorrow that you can use the first day the game launches.

19. firstordergames

Jan 19, 2015
    Game Devloper
    Los Angeles
    [​IMG]

Release Day - Thanks for all the support!

Wow! Midnight release is already happening and the game is going live in various regions (Android version is actually live everywhere already, shhh).

It's been a super looooooong road! Thanks to everyone who offered comments, feedback, testing, general encouragement, and participation in this thread! I probably started this thread too early, so thank you for your patience. Next time I'll wait until the game is a little closer to release and not bore you with all the long dev stuff.

In-Game Prize Codes!

As a thank you to everyone that watches this part of the forum and pops into this thread, I'm just going to leave this set of in game prize codes. These will stay active for 24 hours after release. Thanks again! Enjoy. And if you like it, remember to tell a friend and rate it in the store. It helps so much when you don't have a publisher.

BONUS: In-Game Codes for In-Game Prizes:
    Go to: Main menu -> Try Get Prize -> Redeem Code
    PILEOGOLD = 50,000 gold
    PILEOGEMS = 50 gems
    PILEOSPELLS = 10 spells

[​IMG]

20. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Roll on 11p