Universal Devious Dungeon 2 (by Ravenous Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 8, 2015.

1. malaheart

malaheart Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Male
    Angel
    Melbourne, Australia
    #41 malaheart, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    The first boss (Troll?) in the Mines is way too hard for me. I've played it at least a dozen times and haven't been able to halve its energy bar. If you got rid of the spikes it would be a major help, they are brutal. Anyone else find it hard, or is it just me?

2. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Congratulations to be the "Best New Games" this week in AppStore. :D

3. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    So far I'm loving this game just as much as I expected. I haven't put it on my iPhone 5 yet, but on my iPod 5G, there ear some CRAZY long load times! Not sure if it's the game or just the device. I'm guessing the latter since nobody else has mentioned it, but yea, I'm talking 2+ minute load times when going into the store and first starting a level.

4. hunkyducky1

hunkyducky1 Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2013
    #44 hunkyducky1, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    Hmm.... No. All you have to do is learn his simple attack pattern and then attack while dodging his moves. Admittedly it took me a few attempts but not really that challenging. If you really find it that hard then farm some coins and level up a bit before attempting again.

5. malaheart

malaheart Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Male
    Angel
    Melbourne, Australia
    Will do. Thanks.

6. JHK

JHK Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2014
    #46 JHK, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    This is a really nice game and runs good on an iPhone 4.

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Hmmm. Don't like hearing that! Love the first one! In that case, will there be an Android version?

8. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    jump when the boss raises his hand, this way you avoid the spikes. And be sure to be the potions, the effects are permanent

9. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Was having trouble and then tried the ranged poison dart..... Using that plus learning his pattern did the trick.

10. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Is iCloud working for anyone ? I saved on my iPad but the save game doesn't show up on the iPhone.

11. Sickofit1928

Sickofit1928 Member

Mar 31, 2014
    I'm having the same problem. The quest button worked for me initially but now it just clicks and nothing happens. I have to complete the quests blindly now which isn't as fun. This game is still really enjoyable anyway

12. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
  13. menomano

menomano New Member

Sep 19, 2014
    Great Game.
    But i liked the balancing of the First one a lot more.
    Just by playing a little bit I had enough coins to by the best available sword.
    I got the best armor, best ring and positions really fast too.
    But then it took me really long to play through the mines.
    At the end of the mines I had like 4000 gold and really wanted to buy better stuff all the time,

So after the mines new stuff got unlocked and I had already enough gold to buy the best stuff of everything.
    That's a little bit frustrating because now I have to play through the complete barracks to get new stuff.

Right new I finished the third chapter of the barracks and I have 17000 coins.
    I know after unlocking new stuff I will be a led to buy the best things again and then I will have to wait again until I have finished the next part.

That's really frustrating.
    And there is really no reason to buy the coin doubler or a coin pack for me.
    :-(
    But anything else is great!!!

14. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I was JUST thinking the same thing this morning. In the first game, I bought every weapon/armor/ect. Now, I have a ton of coins, so once I got out of the mines, I just bought the best weapons/armor and skipped over everything else and I'm sure it'll be the same once I get out of the next level. I still love the game, but yea, that part is frustrating.

15. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Great video. Thank you! I bought it :)

16. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Thank you sakara. Hopefully I don't let you down. Lol. It really is a good game.

17. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Yes it is!!!!!!! I am playing 2 hours already!!!

18. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    iCloud doesn't appear to work at all... and the app description is basically copy-pasted from the first. Interesting.

19. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Nice video NOEN. And I can see there's more, so I subscribed. Good luck with your channel!

This game somehow flew under my radar this week or I was just busy playing Implosion, who knows. Anyway, after reading PG's review I just purchased the game and I'm having so much fun with it. I really like randomly generated levels even though I'm still in Mines and died just twice. I've got a feeling I'm gonna spend quite some time with this game and I'm really looking forward to it;)

20. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Hey, thanks for subscribing! I'm sure I'm not the only person on doing these on YouTube, so it's tough trying to get subscribers, but I was getting sick of hearing the person playing scream and act a fool when all I was trying to do was check out the gameplay and get a little info on the game, so I decided to do it myself.

Glad you found the game though! It really is an awesome game. I've sunk so much time into it so far. The first one is good also.