Universal Devils & Demons - (by HandyGames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Nov 27, 2014.

1. HG VAMPIRE

HG VAMPIRE Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    You will need the firemage in the next upcoming update! Depending on the mission you will go I put together the party and I switch thru them all cause the other characters can heal when you kill with the others so they regenerate! So videos of the new update are already out!

2. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013

Remove Ads is a not included in the gold purchases sry! But you can remove the ads and get gold for free if you use our "free gold" option. Partly you get great offers in there.

3. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    The dev reads it! I am here. Most important are the boost for the healing and mana potions and that can be bought with in game currency! Also the other character slot was important for me. The combat hints will save your ass later on in the game when you fight with several enemies! I put your suggestion to the team so that they can think about it!

4. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    You can grind around. current highest level is 28 that you can achieve BUT update is coming with new quests, new territory, new enemies, etc!

5. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    Adds in games are a possibility to make money for the dev and offer the game for free for all iOS players!

If you dont like the ads deactivate it.

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @HG_Vampire:
    Thanks for the feedback!

After leveling up a good bunch, Henleigh's Hope was pretty easy, as I wrote before.
    With the Priest and Alchemist I don't even need the potion boosts. With only 5 each I find them way too limited anyways to rely on them consistently. How about raising the limit to 10? Or just remove it completely?

Unless I run into something like really nasty, like 3 plaguedemons and 2 succubi plus other demons at once, I don't have problems anymore.
    And the healing timer no longer is an issue.
    However, it was really annoying until I reached that point; and the beginning of the game makes or breaks it. If I hadn't had spent money on the game already, I would just have deleted it in frustration.
    I can imagine that this might turn more players away from your game; which is pretty good overall, by the way :) I like what you did, especially the small details like the burnt-out buildings.

And I can confirm that the 5th slot - together with the Alchemist to fill it - made a huge difference :)

Is the maximum (character) level 28, or the max rank? I'm at rank 26 already, my next mission is "Karlahan Depths", and I don't feel like my guys are overpowered in any way.
    I don't have the Templar yet (guess I get him at Karlahan?) , so I have no idea how close I am to finishing the current game.

Do you have an ETA for the content update already?

Lastly, the combat hints "tap an enemy to select a target, tap again to use it":
    I just don't see how these are supposed to "save my ass". If you cannot do that stuff on autopilot when fighting several enemies (happens all the time), you're screwed anyways ;)
    What IS really useful are the stats you get when you longtap an enemy. Mainly to look up their resistances.

@kyho78: I'm actually doing pretty good with the Monk and Thief. Especially the Thief's Bola (reduces enemy AP) is pretty handy sometimes; e.g. it can keep a Hellhole or Portal from summoning more stuff. But I agree that in the damage dealing department they both are a bit underwhelming.

7. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    @nullzone - all feedback from the toucharcade community is going to the team! Not everyone plays strategic so the healing potions are important. I had no problem when I played thru the first part completly. similar to you I used the healing power of my characters and played thru all those missions slowly. LVL28 is the max till now BUT update is in QA already so it will not take ages anymore. Expect it soon!

It saved my ass several times as I can play more strategic when using a mass attack for example the Demon Hunter with the Range attack or the Fire Mage. But your feedback went to the team as well!

@kyho78 - I like the Monk he is powerful as he his taking a lot of hits. He can also heal or indirectly kill "undead" with the healing skill very easily. The Thief is perfect for slowing down the enemy I really like her when you fight against the strong enemies!

8. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Nice to hear that, thanks a lot! Please give my best regards to your whole team. Great job so far :)
    Sounds good. Bonus points for actually having QA :p
    I think we just misunderstand each other right now :) I'll try to make time and put up a screenshot later today.

9. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    We will release soon a major update of Devils&Demons

See what we come out with. A lot of new missions, new enemies, new scenarios and also a new hero!

10. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    We will release soon a major update of Devils&Demons
    YouTube: video
    See what we come out with. A lot of new missions, new enemies, new scenarios and also a new hero!

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Looking good, thanks for sharing!
    What will the new hero be, can you tell us already?

Oh, and a question:
    Currently, the are no more story missions after you complete the mission where you get the Templar? Is that correct?

12. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    You can already see it on our Facebook Page :)

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Update is available since yesterday.
    The new unlockable Hero has an interesting silhouette, makes me curious.
    The Healer I find way too expensive. 130k, ouch. That's 20€ in IAP, more than I paid for the whole game and some IAP.
    I don't even have my current party fully decked out. No way I'm going to spend that much on a character where I don't know how she'll turn out for me. Is she better than the Priest?

Don't get me wrong, I'll happily send money your way for the expansion, but the above is a bit much. Way more than e.g. BG1/2 or Warhammer Quest charge for additional characters.

Also, bug:
    Half of the new text I saw is in German for me. The new dialogue telling about the threat from the North (first two panels in German, then English), and the introduction text for the Winterwatch quest. Just got a random encounter, and that's in English.

14. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Update on the Healer

Update on the Healer:
    Disregard what I wrote in my previous post.
    I totally missed the fact that she comes at level 30 and with (all?) skills already at level 5.
    For that, the price is quite the steal ;)

You might want to add a popup or such pointing this out more prominently, when starting the game for the first time after updating.
    As you can see from my previous post, first impression is important, too.

15. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    good you like it. :)

16. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    Great news for all Devils&Demons fans the game update is out now!

What's New in Version 1.1.0

New Questline “At cold Deaths Door”
    New Winter Setting: the Northern Territories
    2 new characters
    7 New enemy types
    Lots of new abilities, spells and buffs
    New World events
    Increased levelcap to 36!
    No more Ad Banner!
    Daily rewards!
    Bug fixes and optimizations

Have Fun!

http://itunes.apple.com/app/devilsanddemons/id916699347

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Almost done with the first Winterwatch quest.
    Looks good, very storytelling-y feel to it ;)

18. HG VAMPIRE

Jul 11, 2013
    any feedback for the other members of this forum and for us is welcome!

19. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #79 Nullzone, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    Gold:
    Will the new world events provide more gold?
    By now it's turning into an absolutely unrealistic grind. I need at least half a million just to get my party up to level 5 in everything.
    Not to mention there is a level 6 and a new character now...

Characters:
    I hope the new unlockable char also comes at level 30 and all skills on level 5. As cool as she(?) looks, no way I am raising another one.
    Same goes for the Firemage. As much as I want to use her, she's warming the bench now.
    You should play some Warhammer Quest if you haven't already. They got the balance mostly right. While I think you reached max level just a bit too fast in WHQ, it was no problem at all to get a new char up to speed.

Rank XP:
    450k for rank 31, are you serious? That is more than what I got in the whole game till now, if the 200k it shows are the total XP amount so far.

Summary:
    Unless the new content provides a lot more in those areas, you should consider some serious rebalancing.

20. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Winterwatch and the area after that were really well done, applause for that ;)
    Trekking through the second area felt like some expedition, not just a bunch of crazies set out to kill all that moves :p