Universal Devil Shard (by Game Stew)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 7, 2014.

1. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Yeah this actually pretty cool.... feels good to "break out" of a locked board. What was confusing to me was that this is considered a stun and if you buy the potion it prevents them from doing it to you. After a while you'll have so much extra cash you'll simply want to make sure you've always got all five of these.

2. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Ohhhhhhh that's why it would break out it immediately in the later stages. Ha, I never put it together!! Agreed though, I'm on the later stages (after the boss?) and I keep a full stock of everything now, except the level reset.

3. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Later on you'll be good enough to have insurance, 5/5 health pots & never die considering those health pots give you 5 extra lives. It's a great game, I'm on the 4th dungeon, currently level 15 I believe. Haven't died this play through, such an amazing match 3.

4. ineptidude

ineptidude Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    Heads up developer: one of the rewards pictured for Screaming Tomb is a bow. But it turns out the actual equipment I received is the boots.

[​IMG]

5. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    I am now at level 100 and still can't get past the 60th floor. I have a feeling it's going to take a while to get to the True Ending. However, I'm loving every minute of it, so it's okay!

6. Piph

Piph Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Hey guys, quick question: How do you use items in fights?

7. momopara

momopara Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Thank you for the report, the boots you received is correct, we will change the bow picture to bow in next update.

8. momopara

Sep 21, 2013
    You can try to wear equipments you loot in this dungeon with high upgrade levels, they got better abilities and attributes. Then try to bind with different incarnation, some of them are really good at long term battle ( hint: you can find the video about the best 3 incarnations in our FB).

And remember, their is still a final boss with 3 step transform, you need to save the life potion for him.

9. momopara

Sep 21, 2013
    You don't need to use them, just buy them then they will be used in the right timing. For example, if you have Zombie Token, then it will be used when you are stunned(tile locked). If you got bleeding problem(you lose HP every swap), your bandage will solve it automatically.

10. Piph

Piph Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2012
    So what about arrows? How frequently are those used?

11. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    1 arrow is used at the start of every fight, unless you're in "incarnation mode". Generally you could use up to 5 or 6 depending on whether you fight the random extra dark shard fight at the end or not. Level up the bow to do more damage.

12. YouGotHeadshot

Dec 1, 2013
    Interesting, so it dropped to .99 right after touch arcade's 3 star review.. Is it worth it now?

13. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I think it was worth it before too. It was a pretty accurate review, but I don't really share the opinion that ToF was a better use of assets than this is. I'm not that big a match 3 fan but I thought it worked really well here and prefer it over the slot machine system in ToF.

14. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    It didn't really of it for me to be honest I much prefer the TOF games and I do like a good match 3er... It's a pretty fair review and if you've any interest in it then it's well worth trying if for 69p.

15. retr0spective

retr0spective Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Riverside, CA
    Check out the user ratings here. It is currently 5-Stars. Everything Game Stew puts out is special and imbued with their trademark style. This one is no exception.

16. momopara

Sep 21, 2013
    #96 momopara, May 21, 2014
    Last edited: May 21, 2014
    We need to say this game definitely worth your money! It is really difficult for us that player and reviewer compare Devil Shard to our ToF series. But we just thinking how to make a good and different match-3 RPG, not a ToF sequel. If their is another ToF game comes out, We will give it a name like ToF3. That's why this game has another name. We prefer player and reviewer compare it to another match-3 RPG. Then you will find our game has really solid gameplay and game mechanics (and fun, of course).

Anyway, we really thanks for all players, fans and reviewers. You guys make the indie dream comes true, even we are not rich but we will still insist on the gameplay and retro spirit, keep burning our souls until we run out of all resource.

17. nao

nao Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2010
    I keep getting the sword from the final dungeon. How do I get other items? So if I understand the loot system correctly the next item will only drop at level 20. And if I continue playing to level 30 I will only get 1 new loot. So I might as well suicide at level 20.

18. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #98 Intendro, May 25, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    I was just playing Darkin and now tried this...
    White! The entire playing field is one color! It's a bit worse than I expected. It's more annoying to look for matches like this. :eek:

Maybe...
    Make swords gray?
    Potions red?
    Shields blue?
    Leave skulls white.
    Leave special versions of tiles yellow, I guess.

...Well, it's not like the entire game is doing black and white style, the health meter is red. :p

Possibility?

19. momopara

Sep 21, 2013
    Try to reach higher level, it will give you different loot every 10 floors.

20. ineptidude

ineptidude Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    Well I beat the Bone Graveyard finally, and unlocked the Devil Slayer. Then I went through the Bone Graveyard again with her equipped and she tore through everything and chained up to an average of ten. Now I'm on top of the leaderboard. Yay!