Universal Devil Shard (by Game Stew)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 7, 2014.

1. Pickman

Pickman Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Game Stew? Instabuy. And you can summon Azathoth in this one. Awesome!!!

2. laszlo_kovacs

laszlo_kovacs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Always an instabuy. I even loved War of Eclipse despite grinding issues.

This one is by far the most streamlined, and the most fair with rate of gold gained upon launch.

It's a keeper.

3. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    War of Eclipse!! Still on my phone after years.

4. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Games beautiful, very satisfied with the mechanics, art, sound & atmosphere. Love being able to summon certain units after you gain enough souls.

Although you can only equip one equipment at a time? I have a chest & sheild but can only equip one. Am I wrong here?

Having so much fun with this!

5. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    There is an upgrade you buy for gold allows plus one equiptment.

6. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    #26 Zeillusion, May 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
    Ah when you die you loose everything!

Edit: didn't see you can buy insurance -_-

When you die, sometimes you get a life potion that heals you completely. Is that random?

I died and the insurance went up to 2k gold. Is there a max on the amount it goes up?

7. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    Ah so this is rogue-like, it's totally awesome! This just added another level of excitement. Stay alive, or loose everything :p

8. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    This is good to hear. While I like everything else about Game Stew games, the low rate of gold gained/need to grind has always put me off a bit. Looking forward to trying this one.

9. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Yes, I love all Game Stew games. But I also hate them... the need for grinding is getting worse with every release. And basically, I like this one the most, but the grinding, oh boy. Annoying. I need so much more gold than I can get while playing without losing motivation.

Basically an amazing game... if it was way more balanced.

10. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    That's why I stopped playing Tower of Fortune 2 and won't be buying this one.

11. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    This ones totally amazing. It isn't a grind, it's tons of fun. Currently level 10. Really hope they add a fourth dungeon considering the games over after you beat the third.

12. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    I would so love to see an endless mode in one of their games.

13. db2

db2 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Michigan, USA
    Game Impressions

I love the gameplay, the mechanics, and the overall aesthetic. But my god, this game just rakes you over the coals. Constantly. Was hoping for a (just slightly) deeper Tower of Fortune, but it's almost even more random.

14. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    Does the dev ever come to Toucharcades forums? Would love to hear from him. Seems we all have some good suggestions for him.

More content, maybe an endless mode? Endless would fit this game perfectly.

15. momopara

momopara Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2013
    There are eight dungeon in the game and one huge 99 floor dungeon can be unlocked after first ending.

16. momopara

Sep 21, 2013
    Yes, we come to listen all your suggestions. Maybe not so often (only two people but need to handle all the things, I'm almost exhausted...) but definitely. :)

We do have a 99 floor dungeon after you finish 8 dungeon. It is just like an endless mode but better than that, you get high score, new loot, 2 new incarnations, final boss to challenge (you need to face him 3 times in different floor and he changes shape and gets stronger each time) and a final ending. And the best is you WILL NOT die in that dungeon. LoL

17. ineptidude

ineptidude Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    #38 ineptidude, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
    Your team drew a lot of inspiration from Dark Souls this time. Haha I love it.

Also one suggestion is to include a gold doubler as an in app purchase. I would totally buy it. Especially since this time around you've got a second currency to limit progress.

18. momopara

Sep 21, 2013
    Thanks for the suggestion, gold doubler is a great idea, we will discuss it and even can't put it in devil shard (it's a big issue about game balancing, cash flow, playing time, game progress...), we probably will put it in the next game. :)

We do drew some inspiration from Dark Souls, even our game's name is DS, too. We like the feeling that a nameless hero struggle, and fight alone in the dark way, face the unknown and fight for the faith.

19. Pickman

Pickman Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2013
    Great to see the devs here! I have to say, this is by far the most accessible title from game stew so far. While i liked the random nature of the slot machine mechanics from tower of fortune, I think that the match three system is more fun. Key to success is the fact, that you don't have to always match three tiles but can build up setups for bigger combos and avoid triggering skulls.

Graphic style is amazing as always. I will keep on playing as long as it takes to unleash the blind god of madness upon my foes!