Universal Device 6 - (by Simogo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 16, 2013.

1. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    That long? I think I will get Device 6 at Christmas when I have that long sustained period to play...

2. chrisc3

chrisc3 New Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Hey, KuangEleven. That makes sense. Many thanks!

3. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Just read the whole thread but can't see any answers to these questions (thanks for the judicious use of spoiler tags BTW - it was like playing Blackbar all over again).

1) Should I play this on iPhone or is it better on iPad?
    2) Would it lend itself well to playing with my partner or is it better as a solitary experience?

4. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

1) iPad
    2) Both are okay, that way you'll be able to think together (two brains are better than one ;) )

5. shimmel

shimmel New Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Just finished the game.Since my English is poor(I am not from a English-Speaking country),this game is too hard for me.And I still have some questions about it.Could someone please answer me?
    1. Why HAT collect QUALIA data from players and doubters? What they suppose to do with Device 6?
    2. What does the last sentence(something about falsehood and deceit) mean? I think what they said is Device 6 can make lies come true or make a world without lies.But how?
    3. Device 6 can edit what Device 1 & 2 send back to Device 4.Does it mean what we see and read in the game have already edited by Device 6? And why they do that?
    This game is the best game I have played on IOS.
    Sorry for my poor English.

6. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    That goddamn doll.

7. otawong

otawong Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Finished this game today and then immediately went back through it.

I'm wondering if there's any alternate endings hidden in this gem. It could keep me playing for ages.

8. KuangEleven

KuangEleven Active Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Cheers :)

I thought I had a handle on it so didn't make notes but when I realised what Device 6 was capable of I knew that I'd probably missed some things out. I blasted back through a second time taking special notice of all the documents on the tablet and the device descriptions.

The scene in the lab where it's not clear if Device 6 is actually modifying Anna's thoughts or just what you see by overriding Device 1 was a bit of an eye opener. I presume the latter because it has the glitch where it can't alter the Device 2 output whilst screwing with the text so you could hear her screaming. Coupled with her angry thoughts leaking out throughout the game it makes you wonder how much was real and what was injected?

The idea that Device 6 paints false picture of the doubter's feelings to the player to make them more susceptible when it's their turn is scary... especially when it gives the impression that they can take control even though it's clear the buttons don't work and cause pain instead.

Further thought. Device 6 stores qualia which it can presumably only obtain from each player that goes through. Perhaps the only reason it does this is so it can impose any one of these emotional experiences on the people it controls to manipulate them. That being the case, was the island even real or just a combination of stored qualia made into a narrative and injected? We already know it can adjust the emotional and aesthetic content of what the doubter sees so why stop there?

9. Haunter

Haunter New Member

Dec 17, 2012
    I am currently stuck in chapter 4 if I'm not wrong, in the three panels. I can't complete the house, or the shape ones. Any help would be greatly appreciatted.

10. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    I must've missed something aswell

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Congrats to Simogo for nabbing TA's GotW highlight!

12. revolverblue85

Aug 10, 2012
    Chapter 4

i get what's going on, but I don't understand the welcoming test. Which picture am I using and I'm a little confused as to the right link test. I get the splution is my ex, but I don't see how to properly link that

13. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Read none of the thread, don't want to be spoiled.

Wondering how long a single play through takes? Along the same lines as Year Walk?

Thanks!

14. revolverblue85

Aug 10, 2012
    Got through chapter 4, but maybe it's because I've been drinking. That was tough for me. Not even gonna lie, my brain hurts lol.

15. Dams

Dams Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    #115 Dams, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2013
    Hilarious, i passed easy the
    house then shape but stuck on the link test for now

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    If I were to buy a simogo game what should it be?

17. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    This game.

18. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    A hint for the welcoming test:
    Pay attention to the message on track one spoken by the reverend
    For the link test:
    Just use the lines to link the letters of each word, based on the grid found on the note

19. revolverblue85

Aug 10, 2012
    Finished the game. Absolutely one of the best experiences I have ever had with a game, PERIOD. I will support simogo with every game they put out. I mean I am just speechless. Fantastic time and what an awesome story. The ending was just...again fantastic. I am gonna go buy year walk now. I won't be going in with any expectations and should enjoy it more as I'm sure it's not going to be nearly as great as this, but I am definitely excited.

20. Dams

Dams Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Ok got it. My bad stupid mistake.