Universal Device 6 - (by Simogo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 16, 2013.

1. pixies

pixies New Member

May 8, 2012
    Just past the chapter 3. Basically it's kinda straight forward.
    Midnight and the 40 minutes are correct. But the piglet tells half the truth, it is not that the hour comes first, it's the south(according to the white board in the greenhouse which is blocked by a invisible flower which can be seen by wearing the mask), then you'll have the answer... It's nothing to do with the tears, it's just for disturbing you.

2. JonOsterman87

JonOsterman87 New Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Student in Engineering, Media, Music
    Game Impressions

Just finished it 5 minutes ago. Presentation is awesome, Simogo always does a good job at immersing the player in the world. The puzzles were pretty standard fare, easy enough so that you know where to look for the answers, but challenging enough so that you feel accomplished. Like Year Walk, however, this one's a bit on the short side.... totally worth the buy though, I'd recommend it regardless :-D

3. Nycteris

Nycteris Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    I hope this wasn't asked already, but how does it compare to Blackbar?

4. Dragon3leg

Dragon3leg Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    It
    Fairfax va
    Still not getting it

5. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Me neither.
    i am assuming 12:40 and turned my iPad upside down...and nope. I'll try again after work

6. antix

antix Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Okay
    it was late at night when I played it but I remember trying 8 and 12 as the hour and it worked. That said, make sure you're hitting south BEFORE you put in the hour and East AFTER you enter the minute. Also Make sure you press the button between each number on the clock.

7. Dragon3leg

Aug 13, 2009
    It
    Fairfax va
    What do you mean by hitting ?

8. Dragon3leg

Aug 13, 2009
    It
    Fairfax va
    I feel stupid on this one but still no luck
    What do you mean by hitting ?

9. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    There are four entries you need to do on the compass/clock thing. South, hours, minutes, east.

10. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    Depending on how fast you read and how quickly you solve the puzzles, the game is about 2–3 hours long. Still worth the entry fee for the awesome experience.

11. revolverblue85

Aug 10, 2012
    Came home for lunch finally got through chapter 3

12. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Don't ask why, but it was well after a year of owning my iPad 3 that I found out to my great dismay that my headphone jack is mute on one channel. One crappy solder and I have been cut off from games like this. Yes, a Bluetooth box with a headphone jack would work, but I already have a Boombox.

I mean, I am assuming by the vague discussion on the topic that like Fez, having stereo headphones is a MUST in this game?

13. HipHopBerserker

HipHopBerserker Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Game Developer
    Washington, D.C.
    Amazing

Story is great, amazing puzzles, GREAT gameplay. A real gem for any player and a real lesson for any developer.

14. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    If I were to purchase a Simogo game right now what should it be

15. revolverblue85

Aug 10, 2012
    In all honest I don't feel you need headphones to play the game. A quiet room and turned up iPad/iPhone will still work, but quite like Indigo lake with headphones you won't fully enjoy the game without that atmosphere and being immersed into the game with the headphones.

16. bearcav

bearcav Member

Oct 17, 2013
    All of this talk about the game sure sounds like 999 for the DS. I'm a kid of the NES era, so I've played quite a few games, and that is easily one of my all-time favorites.

Here's what I'll guess about it: multiple playthroughs will be necessary, but it won't have nearly as much of a philosophical/pseudoscience bent, which was so charming but probably best left with the Zero Escape series' author.

17. antix

antix Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Yeah I'm not sure if multiple playthroughs will be necessary. I'm almost on the last Chapter and haven't really seen anything that'll make me want to go back again, it seems like a one time experience but I could be wrong. I did read the Eurogamer review for it and it said that you might wanna playthrough it a couple a times. So I guess we'll see.

18. xx99

xx99 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    IT Help Desk
    Michigan
    I tried doing things two different ways at a fork late in the game and still got the same ending, unfortunately.

19. KuangEleven

KuangEleven Active Member

Feb 23, 2013
    I played through it a second time because I wanted to be sure I understood
    how the devices worked together.
    Once I was certain of that I could fully appreciate the timeline and the significance of the ending. I also wanted to re-read
    the notes and leaks from HAT
    once I had the complete picture of how the process worked.

Loved the story, the presentation, the atmosphere, the genuinely smart puzzles... everything. I had a good solid couple of hours with it for less than half the price of a cinema ticket and it left far more of an impression that any film I've seen recently so I consider that a bargain :)

20. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    OK, I just purchased the game, even though I'm sure I have the answer for the first puzzle, it's not working:

I'm the room of the renaissance man or whatever, and I'm entering the code, which I think should be (the number between hope and lies: 5)+(the framed number where red meets orange: 2001)+(the channel I am on: 3 beeps)=2009

What am I missing? And if you could guide me without giving me the answer I'd appreciate it.