Universal Device 6 - (by Simogo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Why would you want a game to auto-rotate if rotating the device seems to be part of the game experience?

2. Wow, that seems really big. Can't they compress it some more?

3. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Interesting, everyone else (AppSpy, AppAdvice, IGN, etc.) is reporting that "DEVICE 6 will cost you £2.49 / $3.99". So did they decide to raise the price at the last minute?

4. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^ I just bought the game and i got it for $3.99. Currently downloading.

5. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    AppStore link?

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I just hit Chapter 2. Simogo has done it again. This game isnt quite a game, but an experience.

The game is more an interactive book. It isnt the usual CYOA with combat elements, but more about experiencing what the character goes through as you read through the game. The puzzles are quite well done, and it is done in a manner done as if you were the character, and figuring things out from there.

Not going to spoil anything more about Device 6, but all i can say is, Simogo made another iOS experience, never i have had in any other iOS game.

As I mentioned earlier, contrary to what Sanuku was complaining about, this game was made to be without auto-rotate, as the experience requires you to rotate the device as you figure out puzzles and read through the narratives.

Anyone who wants to get into what seems to be a mystery of things, should dig this one easily. The best part for me is, im not even a big fan of mystery, and im really liking Device 6.

This is probably the most difficult game to explain without spoiling anything. o_O

7. antix

antix Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Just got to Chapter 2 as well and I couldn't agree more. It's certainly not what I expected but I'm enjoying it non the less. Curious to know how many chapters there are though

8. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Description said its universal, but before I free up a bunch of space I just want to make sure it will work with my device. Anyone else on an iPhone 4 still? Still using iOS 6.X so that's at least new enough. I think I'd much rather play on my phone than an iPad, I think.

9. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

He joked.

10. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Idk why I'm looking here for imps.
    This is an insta-buy for me based on the devs previous titles.

11. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    As much as Year Walk fascinated me, it felt too short and didin't like that interpretations led nowhere after the end of the game (explanation: I expected something deeper and clue hunting leading up to something substantial). Even though I'm a sucker for mysteries and visual novels, I am a bit wary of shelling out 4 bucks for a 1h "experience". Any feedback concerning game length/challenge etc?

12. shdwstar2417

shdwstar2417 Member

May 16, 2012
    #32 shdwstar2417, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2013
    How do u
    unlock a door ?

13. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #33 Exact-Psience, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2013
    That's the puzzle you need to figure out.

Listen to audio clues, visual clues, back track some ways back, sometimes there are branching paths, look for the answers... they are there. ;)

14. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Not sure if I should bite. I would love to hear some unbiased opinions on the game (or should I say more impartial opinions)... Unlike most I found Year Walk to be less than stellar and just plain not scary with adequate puzzles but nothing to write home about, despite the many ravings by many forum goers. I will admit the one thing intriguing me with this new game is the CYOA aspect of this new game as I am a huge fan of the genre... I am well aware that the majority if the folks here are fans of the developer. I loved Sneak Beat Bandit and Bumpy Road and their other game, but wasn't smitten with Year Walk. I want to make a good purchase but much like Year Walk this game seems wrapped in its own ambiguity as a selling point, making it hard to determine if this is a buy or not.

I hope this doesn't come off with the wrong tone as I am truly just trying to get more than just a "Another hit by Simogo!" response. Can we get folks actually describing the gameplay mechanics and elements (I understand that may be a bit difficult without giving things away I guess) and not just how nondescriptly awesome they are finding the game?

15. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    I never got year walk when it came out and I honestly do not know what game compares to device 6. I bought my mini this year and started gaming and have loved every minute of my ios adventures. I bought device 6 and indigo lake tonight and before I got in the shower after work I started the game just to see. I had no idea what this game was about besides the screenshots, and I have never played a game in this genre. I can not speak on much besides the first couple of pages, and from an unbiased opinion I'm hooked from the get go. The style is great, the text story with the rotating of the device and the pictures that intertwine with the story telling and the audio is simply... Cool to me. The first couple pages really sucked me in. Castle, doll, and a girl...I can just have a feeling the end result is gonna be worth it. I know it's not much info to really make up your mind, but without playing any game like this I'm really curious about this genre now.

16. matyou98

matyou98 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Curious how many points everyone got after completing the first chapter and answering the questions. I got 100 points. Wondering if that is what everyone gets.

17. revolverblue85

Aug 10, 2012
    #37 revolverblue85, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
    And I'm stuck lol.
    At the door...

Nvm really listened and figured it out

18. revolverblue85

Aug 10, 2012
    I got 100 points as well. Loving this game.

19. Andrew1234_

Andrew1234_ Member

Mar 14, 2013
    As someone who thought Year Walk was "just okay" this game is extremely good. I just finished Chapter 1 and got 100 points. The writing is fantastic and while it isn't necessarily scary it is very unsettling. Something is wrong here! Going to take a little break before I dive into Chapter 2.

20. revolverblue85

Aug 10, 2012
    I think that's the best way to put it, not scary, but you get the feeling that something's going down. I truly feel the end result is going to be very fulfilling