Universal Device 6 - (by Simogo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Oct 16, 2013.

1. nazara_tech

nazara_tech Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2009
    project manage
    India
    No sale

Sad . I thought at least they will put sale of there previous games. Especially year walk

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Thats just not the Simogo way! :) And I think it's a good thing because you never have to regret a purchase because of a price drop soon after (;

3. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    They are giving Year Walk codes on twitter! Try your luck there!

4. rmbpuser

rmbpuser New Member

Nov 5, 2013
    #184 rmbpuser, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    i finished the game but i dont understand anything?

needed help only with the mens room password which is kinda hard to "guess"
    without a pen, wayyy to visual and imaginative

what are the devices are they the levels and each level serves a purpose, or are they fictional devices used for controlling and if so then what does device 6 do?

who is anna is she controlled by the players (us)
    did she bug (become uncontrollable)

who are the doubters?
    what is hat trying to convince them?

5. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    So, what's with the last thing to do with the points you earn? Is that just another fake thing? Or should I really play this game 40 times...?

6. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    No your points revert to 0 every time because you have to buy the doll

7. BlottoBrah

BlottoBrah Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    US
    Just finished the game last night. I was a bit lost with the ending but did piece together the gist of it. I do regret not paying more attention to device explanations on each episode. Would've likely helped me more in the end.

So just a recommendation to new players to take your time with this one. It's a good story and not a terms & conditions agreement, so don't race through it!

Now if I could just get that Sweet Anna song out of my head. Stupid episode 5...lol.

8. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    The puzzle I had the most trouble with was the link puzzle. Ironically, the information for that one was more obvious than the other two parts of the lock, but I didn't get how that played into the interface given. Ultimately, I figured it out by exhausting every possibility. I used a piece of paper for all my work on the puzzles, so that men's room one wasn't too bad.

I don't remember what page it's on, but someone here explained what each device is. I forget what 3 and 5 are, but one of them is the doll. 1 is what transcribes Anna's thoughts into text and 2 shows us what she sees and hears, I think. Device 4 is our iDevice, I guess. 6 is the central computer for this whole thing.

I think there's some multi-layered argument to free-will presented in this game, both for us and for Anna. However, within the narrative we are supposed to feel like we are controlling Anna. Either Anna bugged or she screwed up on the player's instruction. Presumably, the people who go along at the end become part of the Hats.

I think Anna and anyone else going through the game as a live game piece is a doubter. Once you get your doll in the mail, you will also be a doubter.

9. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    #189 iPadisGreat, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    No sales? Downloading...

Download size: 137MB
    Installed size: 777MB

Wow, Device 6 is tough, like Rhem. Returning to Lords of Waterdeep...

10. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    How do you complete chapter five? I'm really confused

11. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    You have to check the route for the security team, and imagine they are walking in such a way that if there was snow, they'd write a pattern in the snow, revealing the answer.

12. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #192 backtothis, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
    Finally grabbed this last night. Played it through in one sitting with the gf just now in about two hours. While I felt the puzzles were alright, the storyline just left me pretty confused. Overall, the game made me tired more than anything. Not something I would replay.

Still need to play through Year Walk. Hope that's a better experience. Will probably play through The Room Two next.

Edit: Could someone summarize the plot of the game for me, especially the ending? Thanks!

13. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    ...and that's the last game I'm buying from Simogo. I should've stuck with my initial instinct against getting this, but its place on Apple's 2013 list changed my mind. I could've gotten 1 or 2 other games that I would've enjoyed more. I don't understand how after finishing this in a couple hours, one can think "Yeah, I'm wholly satisfied with my total experience of this game for $4" when there's so many other games which are available for that price with much more gameplay time and re-playability.

14. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    I think a lot of people would agree that this game focuses on quality over quantity.

15. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#195 Bronxsta, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    Are length and replay value the only measures of a game's worth?

16. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    Well, guess what?

I'm wholly satisfied with my total experience of this game for $4. ;)

17. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    I agree with that, too, but I just don't find something that looks and flows really nice enjoyable if what's underneath that pretty package isn't fulfilling or lasting for me.

No, and I know $4 isn't much, but this is the App Store, after all. And there's games out there at this price that accomplish length, replay value and high quality visuals and production. One example is Badland, which does all 3 incredibly well (even before doubling its content through free updates). I was left wanting a lot more from Device 6, which costs the same.

I guess I just have different expectations for what I want out of a game.

I don't take offense to all the positive opinions toward this game, so hopefully no one is offended by my negative opinion. I was a bit disappointed by Year Walk's length as well, but I did really enjoy the story and horror elements in that game, so I wasn't nearly as bummed as I was when I finished Device 6. The story wasn't very interesting to me and it seemed even shorter than Year Walk. If Simogo continues with the formula of style over substance, I think it's time for me to get off this ride. I made my previous post in the hopes that it will prevent someone like-minded to me from buying a game they won't be satisfied with, and restore balance.
    That's all I've got to say, cheers.

18. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I'm very late to the party. Didn't get into Year Walk at all and deleted it pretty quickly. It didn't touch or interest me, the artistic style just didn't grab me at all.

BUT: Device 6 just blew me away. Easily and by far my iOS game of year. I found it to be pitch perfect from start to finish. Such an immersive and unique experience... finished it yesterday in one long sitting and I'm still checking the web for all bits of info and opinion on this game. Thanks to Simogo for this indie masterpiece.

19. Foghorn Irrascible

Foghorn Irrascible Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    I really enjoyed the experience, haven't played anything quite like that, and thought it was very clever, inventive, engaging and well-thought-out. Completely different to every other game I've played this year. Got to the end and thought, "that was cool" and did not regret it.

Everyone's different!

20. Foghorn Irrascible

Foghorn Irrascible Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    It's not going to help anyone make or not make a decision unless they happen to be your clone. Everyone is different. The fact that you found the game a let-down is fine but that's just you. Nobody else can look at your opinion and go "Oh yep, there we go, there's a guy who didn't like it. Phew! Thank God I saw that post! I better not buy it either." unless they know that their tastes are exactly like yours.