Developers, the iPhone IS HD and Universal apps are consumer-friendly

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by jmelrose, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Didn't bother to read the whole thread. I'd just like to point out, as both iPad and iPhone owner, that even though I hope that every game out there is universal, it would be unfair to non iPad owners, if they have to bear the higher price because it is universal. Why should they pay $1.99 when they could have paid $0.99? Universal apps are only iPad consumer friendly. That said, I do wish that devs make it a point to inform buyers if an iPad version is coming shortly after the iPhone app release.

2. jmelrose

jmelrose Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Teach
    Central FL
    #22 jmelrose, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
    Um, I DID stop. You brought them back up again. The mods (Hodapp and now INSM) have addressed that issue in a meaningful way and I appreciate it. They are a much more credible source for explaining the situation no matter how many thousands of posts one might have on here. Since I don't live on these forums I appreciate those who have taken time to point out other threads and share insights.

Those who post with condescension and not much else to share, not so much. Posts like that litter the message boards of the internet (and these forums). They are the discussion ABOUT the discussion, and the definition of "overdone."

By the way, stop telling people to stop sharing ideas on here just because they don't agree with your views.

Squeaker, I understand your point, and I agree completely. My hope would have been that a Universal App is used for specifically an iPad/iPhone version, and since the iPhone version is wrapped up in the Universal shell, an iPhone version would be available separately and less expensively. I wouldn't want to see the cost passed on to iPhone owners. Universal apps are really only friendly to dual-device iOS owners, but I would imagine there are a LOT of those out there, and my point all along has been that if the iPHone version is released earlier and released cheaper than the iPad one, there's not much incentive to upgrade if graphics are the only improvement, plus the cost of whatever time was invested in playing it on the iPHone (in the case of a game where levels have to be worked through, for example, or an RPG). This is why I don't upgrade, and part of its cost and part is communication. To some, paying 3 times the price to play the exact same game, levels and all, on a bigger screen is worrth it. However, I play on the iPhone much more often... it's ALWAYS with me, so there's no incentive to spend the money for an additional version that is on a less portable device.

Anyway, I'm done on this topic. I'll continue to "speak my mind" by doing what I have been doing: buying an app that appeals to me when it comes out. If I know an iPad version is coming, I'll wait if I'd rather play it on there. Otherwise I'll buy the iPHone one at a lower cost and scale up if I want to play on the iPad. If developers want me to pay again, or pay more the first time, they need to let consumers know as part of the initial release. And some people clearly don't care and are so upset that someone else might they will surely post a rant about it, which might be the funniest part of all this. I'll go back to lurking now. :)

3. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Are you really taking a beef with me telling you not to pull conspiracy theories out of your ass to back up your arguement?

By the way, stop telling people to stop telling you that your ideas suck. See how that works :rolleyes:?

4. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    You're talking about not buying an app which is just a larger version of the previous app with the same features, yet you went out and bought a device which was just a larger version of the previous device with less features, for multiple hundred times the cost of the apps you are complaining about.

5. jmelrose

jmelrose Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Teach
    Central FL
    No. Please explain further.