Developed a app to help my son with speech problems using Xbox One

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by theDaveB, Feb 6, 2014.

1. theDaveB

theDaveB Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Self Employed
    Cheshire, UK
    Written a iOS app for my son who has speech problems and decided to release it for FREE :)

Little bit of background on why/how I made the app -

I decided to knock up a quick few buttons with the main commands on. He then kept asking me add more and more and a option to record custom ones, he also wanted a way to chain buttons together. In the end we had a full app, so added a bit of nicer graphics and decided to publish it for free. To develop it quickly we used Corona SDK and a template purchased from the internet.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/voice-commands-for-xbox-one/id802885450?ls=1&mt=8

2. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #2 Lavender, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    Wow!
    You should trademark copyright or whatever you do, and contact xbox with this!

I have two kids who can't
    play kinect because of their speech and dev. Delays, etc

I can see this doing well in the special needs community. Especially because the kinect can be used for more then just games.

I will definitely let the groups that I'm involved with know (it's state wide!) about this one.

What a blessing!

Thank you

3. theDaveB

theDaveB Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Self Employed
    Cheshire, UK
    #3 theDaveB, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    Thanks for them kind words, it means a lot.

To be honest our Apple license runs out next month and we are not renewing due to lack of funds, so we will release it on Android as well as the license is free with Amazon and only $25 for Google.

EDIT: Update - Amazon rejected the app, said I can't use the word Xbox in the title or anywhere in the app!

Dave

4. theDaveB

theDaveB Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Self Employed
    Cheshire, UK
    Just a little update on this -

We tried to submit the app to Amazon but they rejected it saying they can't accept it with the word Xbox in the title unless I have permission from Microsoft to use it.

Apple was completely the opposite whe n I submitted it to them, they explained to me how to use the word Xbox in the title without getting into trouble. It was originally called "Xbox One Voice Commands" but Apple said to change it to what it is now to avoid any hassle.

Dave

5. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Wow. I would think it was the opposite!