Universal Devastator (by Radiangames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Sep 9, 2015.

1. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Impossible game. Making me rage.minnpractice mode still...wave 16 . Enemies cannot just infinitely keep spawning...omg it makes me rage, then I die to a freakin orange block.m

2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Am I missing something with practice mode? Seems like that's what everyone's talking about. To me it seems semi-pointless, as you have unlimited lives and can't score points...

3. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I played through it once and died 130 something times (level 26!), but that's all. I've been on hardcore mode ever since, although not doing that well compared to everyone else...only up to level 14.

4. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    The point is just what the name says, to practice. It keeps track of how many lives you use, so you can think of that as an inverse score. As you get better you should be able to finish all 30 stages with fewer lives. I really like it, as a way to learn how to play with only as much pressure as I want to put on myself.

5. Anotherkellydown

Nice, I've gotten up to level 18. Been using the Annihilator ability. Tried the other three but I like that one the best. What ability is everyone finding the most useful?

Ok, that makes sense. It would be nice to have a separate leaderboard for practice mode...

6. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I find Annihilator to be the easiest to do well with, but I find the Companion ability more fun to play with. I've been practicing with Companion in practice mode trying to learn how to use it most effectively.

7. Anotherkellydown

[​IMG]

[thread=270598][​IMG][/thread] [thread=270671][​IMG][/thread] [thread=269900][​IMG][/thread] [thread=270601][​IMG][/thread] [thread=270718][​IMG][/thread] [thread=266793][​IMG][/thread]

Devastator

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

Sept 10th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo & post layout

8. radiangames

radiangames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    Version 1.01 is now live

Version 1.01 of Devastator is out!

The major difference: Hardcore mode is no longer insanely hardcore, so you can actually beat it without a gamepad. More details here: http://www.radiangames.com/minor-tweaks-major-difference/

Sorry for screwing up 1.0's difficulty so badly. If you now find Hardcore too easy, there's always Elite difficulty.

Luke

9. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Thank you so much for this fix Luke!! I'm wondering if any of the TA members who got far can confirm the GC achievements working. Five star written review on its way##

I'm sure TA will update this on their page######

10. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    TA should update their review

11. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Update definitely enhanced the gameplay, but imo it could rlly benefit from further modifications. Good game, but def my least favorite Radian game, sadly.

12. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Updated! The change makes Devastator easier by letting you take two hits instead of one when you respawn with a shield.