iPad Dev announce: TypeCast

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by littlemangames, Jul 20, 2012.

1. littlemangames

littlemangames New Member

Jul 20, 2012
    #1 littlemangames, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
    Hi Folks

I'm Tracy Valleau (& despite what you might assume, a guy... in fact, an old guy who has been) programming for over 32 years.... and finally got around to doing my first game! (About time!)

(Yeah, it's just me here, not some huge company...)

So my first (but not last) post here is about that new game: "TypeCast" for iOS. While it might look like a "spelling game" it isn't - it's a pattern-matching game that just uses words because they are easier to remember than ((*&^$#.

You can find it in the iTunes store here:

TypeCast URL

What happens?

First: it's a time-killer. Just a simple casual game for passing time while you're waiting in line. Nothing more.

How it works: a random word appears at the bottom of the screen, and random letters fall from the top of the screen. Your job is to slide the catcher left and right to catch the letters in the correct order to spell the word.

Sounds simple, but it is harder than it looks, especially at the upper levels, when the letters are more frequent, and falling faster.

It comes with two different "environments" but the game-play is the same in either one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course, you can find the full instructions on the website (which is set up for iOS devices, but will work with a regular browser.) http://littlemangames.com

Since I'm new here, I'm not sure what to expect (except from lurking a bit, of course) but what I'd hope for is simple: if you get, and like the game, say so here and on iTunes.

If you get and think it could be improved, please let me know here, as I'm eager to fix any problems, and to make it more enjoyable than my first attempt is likely to be. (And of course "here" because getting trashed on iTunes will ruin any chance for the game, and my hopes... )

I'm a pretty straight-forward guy, with not much in the way of ego, so if it's constructive criticism, just blast away!

Finally, I hope you enjoy the game. I put a lot of time and energy and some credit-card maxing to get it done. So far it's been well received.

Enjoy!