Universal Deus Ex: The Fall - (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Danz060391, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    After watching sanuku's video..I think this is not only the GOTW but a real prime candidate for GOTY..The bar has been raised ladies and gentlemen..

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    My only complaint is that you can't do ADS sights unless you have a scope, other than that this is GOTY

3. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Also, Sanuku's video is just the tutorial. There's another whole section after that before you even get to the title sequence. This game seems pretty deep.

4. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    yesssss it has ####

5. Kirs

Kirs Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Hi

Quick question for those who played the PS3 version.
    I read that theres hacking mini games involved.
    Is it similiar to the console version?
    Are you required to do them in order to even progress through the game e.g to unlock a door to get to the next stage?
    I do not enjoy those one bit. Would love to purchase this game but if those are present I might have to give it a pass.

Thank you

6. WhO_KnOwS

WhO_KnOwS New Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Is there any kind of savegame syncing between devices?

7. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    i'm still downloading this but in the orignal game you could progress in anyway you want instead of hacking, you could brute force your way breaking a wall, inside a vent, finding the code for the blocked door stuff like that

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    There are door hacking mechanics, but i dont know if it is the same as the console ones. It consists of nodes you need to take bit by bit in order to bypass the security.

9. AdamK

AdamK Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Game Designer
    London
    Kirs, apart from tutorial, the hacking minigame is optional.
    You can find unlock codes for most doors or use autohacks and find hidden passageways.
    You should be able to finish the game without hacking anything apart from 1 tutorial puzzle.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You possibly can in this game too, since doors are labeled according to their strength level.

11. dexter77

dexter77 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Oh my!! this is a pleasant news!:eek:

waiting for some impressions but i'm almost sure about the verdict...

12. Kirs

Kirs Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Thank You all for your replies. Thats great news!
    Downloading now ^.^

13. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Oh man this is good! I mean REALLY good. Never seen such an in depth game which such brilliant graphics and voice acting. On my iPad 4 is fantastic. Worth getting an iPad 4 just for this one game.

14. Waks

Waks Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    Philippines
    :O!?

Downloading! :)

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    If you have the $7 get it now. You wont need imps for this game. The previous imps already posted including mine already a huge nod towards this game raising the iOS gaming standards, and a GotY candidacy.

16. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    #176 Pocketnova, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    *censored swearing* I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE GOT A ******* ITUNES GIFT CARD!!!

Even worse then I thought. Can't get one today! FML

17. anwar79

anwar79 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Bought it immediately. Even though I've got a jailbroken device I can't help it. I'll see how to get past the ridiculous anti piracy checks but I'm a fan of Deus Ex from way back then - actually from System Shock days.

Regardless I'm sold and hope with the last few premium games that this is setting a positive trend towards higher quality games without all the freemium BS. 1st Xcom, then Spiral now this.

Hell Yeah !!! Bring it on!

18. Ausar

Ausar Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    BCN
    well i wasn't asking that but instead of given an idea to Kirs, but still is good to know that they keep that kind of stuff to give more options

i'm kinda impress that some folks say is amazing, come on is deus ex what do you expect

19. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It appears you don't.
    I'd qualify it clearer based on the fact of actual first hand knowledge of certain scenarios. One of which this game isn't.

Suffice to say phasing out old hardware by adding new in house features and in house software to newer devices is perfectly normal but not the same as telling third developers to specifically exclude an older generation device.

It wouldn't drive sales for the developer themselves. The fact of that should be more than obvious.

And there is no rule in the App Store guidelines or the contractual agreements between developers and Apple that would allow this particular exclusion.

Perhaps be a little less conspiratorial and a bit more optimistic that they might possibly do some further optimisation to make it run at the desired framerate and power consumption rates to try and include iPad 2 support in a future update.

20. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of the Deus Ex Franchise and now it's sitting on my iDevice.
    It is so good, i don't have any words to describe it. Graphics are butterly smooth with such a great atmosphere added to it. Tons of options to customize controls to my own behavior, flawless game mechanics, full voice acting...man i must be dreaming.

SE rly did a great job here.