Universal Deus Ex: The Fall - (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Danz060391, Jul 10, 2013.

1. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    #121 MasterChief3624, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    Woohoo! It released :D I'm thankful I have an iPhone 4S, but I was really kind of hoping to play it on my iPad 2. :( That's all right. I never play games on my iPad, even if they're made for it. It's just a thing.

$7 is not bad at all. If I can get my money scares from last night all sorted out, I might just jump on this. Human Revolution is among my top three games this generation!

Edit: Okay, I got really scared for a second. I was worried it would be iOS 6 only... and it's not! YAY! Someone's looking out for me <3

While I agree that Apple would not go to developers' houses and threaten them at gunpoint to not support a certain device, I'm pretty sure Apple always employs this tactic of phasing out older devices. I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but it's a fact that with each iOS version, they phase out the older devices.

Truthfully, they could make iOS updates available for all devices, all the way back to the original iPhone. But they don't. It forces people to move on to a new device. They give the newest devices all the features of the new iOS version, then take away some of the features for the next device down, and then a very limited version to the next one, and don't even allow the install on the oldest ones.

Apple does employ this tactic. I'm not complaining, but I don't understand how someone could say Apple doesn't consciously employ this :p

Yay! The real shock is that Cut the Rope Time Travel is out... when did that happen? :D

2. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

So let me guess: It runs perfectly fine?

3. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    All the compatibility questions aside,

How is exploration in the game? Is there a lot of free roaming where you can do side quests and stuff or are you locked into a very narrow world.

A big part of what I loved about Invisible War on the first Xbox was the exploration.

4. Fil2

Fil2 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2011
    No, I really noticied that the game is 60fps by moments (sometimes in the office level and when there is only one opponent on the Multiplayer mode).

5. vik12

vik12 Member

Dec 13, 2010
    well im not sure the forum rules are ok with my mathoods but it's running perfectly smooth on my ipad 2.

6. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    As long as these mathoods have nothing to do with illegalities, and it's only a matter of disabling certain loading options in a file menu (a la graphical stuff in GTA III), you're fine.

Unless "mathoods" by itself is a very incriminating program? :eek:

7. zdstjohn

zdstjohn New Member

Jul 10, 2013
    These developers are atrocious. I bought there game and because I jail broke my device I can't shoot. Buyer beware. Jailbreak doesn't mean piracy

8. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    So you think people should have to upgrade their ipads every other year so they are able to play games?

9. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    ITT: ipad 2 is the new iPod touch 4

I do hope more devs focus more on the newer devices so we can continue to push the envelope of iOS game quality. If you want to reach out to ancient devices keep that limited to town building games and physics puzzlers.

In any case can't wait to try this out later!

10. vik12

vik12 Member

Dec 13, 2010
    nothing special really.. xcon and didnt use itunes to install the file if you know what i mean. i payed for it before noticing the resterictions.
    a cheap shot from apple and se.

11. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Not all of us are rich and can burn £400+ every year on a hardware upgrade.

Perhaps you might want to be less selfish and consider others a little?

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This game is friggin awesome on my ipad mini! Plays butter smooth, looks damn good, sounds are great, controls are perfect. Story seems good, but that remains to be seen of course.

For me, it's the new benchmark for good 3D action games on iOS. Highly recommended!

But the game doesnt let me fire weapons on my 4S because it's jailbroken! o_O

I guess it's ok if it can successfully reduce the piracy rate... but then Jailbreaking isnt illegal, it's using a cracked app that is.

13. rcxdeez

rcxdeez Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2013
    buffalo, ny
    that's weird because I've been running every single app on my iPad 2 for a while now and I don't partake in town building games and physics puzzlers

what this really comes down to for me is square enix again proving that they're probably the worst dev for iOS

now firaxis on the other hand...#

guess I'll be spending my 7 bucks elsewhere tonight

14. vik12

vik12 Member

Dec 13, 2010
    xcon seems to fix the problem :)

15. gorbesz

gorbesz Member

Oct 11, 2011
    #135 gorbesz, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
    managed to start the game on a JB'd iPhone 4 !!!!!!!!! lags a bit, but im totally sure they didnt exclude i4 for HW purposes.. the age of the planned obsolence of poor i4 has fallen upon us !!!

watching the intro now, still cannot confirm the shooting issue on JB. but one thing is for sure the game looks awesome, just like on the ps3. im gonna try Blutrol with PS3 sixaxis

16. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    A guy claiming to be from SE posted a comment on the front page article saying it will support iPad 2 in a matter of weeks. I don't know if he's a legit SE employee or not, but I thought I'd mention it.

17. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It isnt a problem to me coz i have a non-jailbroken ipad mini. I tested it on the 4S because of a previous comment that dissed gaming on iphones because of the smaller screen, and wanted to test the playability on it.

Now my question is... Are you allowed to stick around in these forums if you mention anything like that^? It's a bypass program, and these are highly regarded as illegal no matter what good intentions they are used for.

Sorry, had to say my thoughts out loud.

18. Rasec Noir

Rasec Noir Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Porto, Portugal
    Well the jailbreak problem at least it seems to be fix if you install the tweak xCon.
    And since one of the developers said that ipad 2 support is coming i guess the ipad 2 isn't dead.

Actually i think the fact that the ipad mini is the same as the ipad 2 gave us, ipad 2 users, more 2 years of life without app restrictions xP

19. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Wow. How near-sighted can someone possibly be? Seriously, what are you talking about? :p Town building and physics puzzlers? Come on, homie. You're better than that :cool:

And they can continue to push the envelope while still allowing older devices. It's called "options" and "toggle switches"? It's been done in many games. There's not much more room to explore in terms of gameplay, so graphics are the main difference. But you can easily apply binary coding for inferior devices to play a less stellar-looking game.

Note: I'm not an app developer, so I have no idea if the above statements are true... like, at all. :p

It's all right, though. I don't deserve to play a spinoff from one of my favorite games this generation due to my inability to get on the level of gods and buy a new device even though I don't deem it necessary at all ;)

I couldn't begin to know what you mean, but after a couple minutes of research it sounds fine. I don't see how it would be any different than something like the aforementioned GTA III tweaks :)

Thank you. :cool: