Universal Deus Ex GO (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 17, 2016.

1. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #

Thanks man.

2. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Finished game (
    levels). No hints used.

Very surprised to see how divided opinions are of this game. The puzzles are more challenging and elaborate than those in Lara Croft GO. On the other hand, the mechanics used in Hitman GO are still the best and most inventive of the series so far. Also, the game misses some opportunity to fully leverage the Deus Ex mythos, especially with the augmentation power-ups, in the game's puzzle design.

The inclusion of a move counter in this game is an apt choice. It provides the needed constraints necessary to differentiate the otherwise many possible solutions. Unlike Hitman GO in which there are many levels which are solvable under par, I was only able to find one level in Deus Ex GO that can be solved under par (level
    42 - Spin control
    , which can solved in
    moves (par is
    moves)). Suspect that this was an unintended solution I discovered.

Still, overall, I thought this is an excellent entry in the GO series. Highly recommended!

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    y2kmp3 Go.

4. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    The week 2 live events are out now. And if you are a naughty boy or girl, change the date on your device to next Friday and you can play all 5 levels ;)

5. Cougarcat

Cougarcat Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    If you move the date back, do you get access to the previous week's events? It's pretty annoying that they disappear every week.

6. You do, but then you have your device set to the wrong date (meaning photos will get dated wrong among other things) and you can't access the newer levels until you change it back.

I blew a gasket over that last night.

7. HitcherUK

HitcherUK Member

Jun 7, 2016
    #87 HitcherUK, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Anyone managed today's within the the turn limit? I'm always 2 off.

EDIT: Never mind, did it after posting.

8. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Me too. I like the feeling of discovering the secret to a puzzle someone created.

9. Gurney Halleck

Dec 21, 2012
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I would think it makes more sense to keep adding puzzles on the daily. That way the game has more content as time passes keeping it fresh and enticing to new players.

10. I've been ignoring the daily puzzles ever since I noticed they disappear. I don't like a game telling me when I can play.

11. Gurney Halleck

Dec 21, 2012
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I feel you. If it's circumvented simply by changing the system date then why not just make them all available m. Maybe in a chronological order until each has been completed, then allowing players to choose which level to jump to as it is for the story quests.

12. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Sort of disappointed for us to access older weeks we need to play the change the date game! Annoying.

13. NickVerge

NickVerge New Member

Nov 10, 2016
    DXGO Puzzle Maker Beta

Hey everyone,

I'm Nick and I'm from Square Enix Montreal.

We're looking for Beta Testers for our upcoming Puzzle Maker update.

You can sign up here for free: http://bit.ly/DXGOBeta

If you haven't played the game before, it's a good way to try all it's features including the game's campaign.

Let me know if you have any questions!

14. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Bah, i bought this game when on sale at 1.99 on september, now it's on sale again at 0.99 T_T
    Next time gonna wait for square enix's game sale at lowest price xD

15. ddw04

ddw04 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Omg what is wrong with this game!!!.....it's so bad moves are delayed by like 10 seconds 30% of the time the other 70% of the time he just WONT MOVE!!!!! I finally picked it up when it was on sale for a dollar but didn't install it til now and man am I glad I didn't spend 5 bucks or whatever on release I mean I swipe...nothing,swipe nothing; swipe swipe swipe swipe swipe swipe swipe swipe yay he moves!! I was so looking forward to this to I love deus ex(although mankind divided was super glitchy I still liked it) sucks this will be uninstalled :/ :(

16. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    This is currently free.

MetaGonzo and bx59 like this.
  17. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Great; got all 3 now.

Into the “games-I really-must-play-at-some-point-but-probably-won’t” folder you go!

ste86uk likes this.