Universal Deus Ex GO (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 17, 2016.

1. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Excited to try this to add to my GO collection. I've begun a fan of this kind of game based on how polished prior Danes have been and hope they took the style of deus ex and hopefully fit into this new game!

2. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Polished Danes are my favourite kind of Scandinavian.

3. coccodrillo

coccodrillo Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Thats exactly what I'm worried of. Isn't this just the same game mechanism hidden behind a different graphical scenario?

4. ghostlessly

ghostlessly Member

Mar 30, 2015
    Fun game but chews threw battery faster than Pokemon go

5. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I just got to level 35 now. I like how there are levels in the game that give me the "impossible" feeling. Then it feels great when I figure it out. Great level design, IMHO. I feel like 50 levels for the price is fair value as well. Would be that if it were a DLC level pack for the game on console. Will be better value later when the price (probably) drops. Can't wait to try the level editor. Hope levels can be shared/published.

6. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    #66 eugekava, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    After playing the game almost to the end (up to last chapter), I must say that my initial euphoria has been somewhat tempered.
    The puzzles are cool but soooo easy. I don't remember blitzing through Hitman or Lara Croft like this. May be it is my familiarity with the puzzles from the first two games that is the issue, but only a handful managed to give me pause and force me to really think. I managed to solve many puzzles with par number of moves on the first try, and I am not that good.

The idea of a story told between levels was exciting to me at first, but it ended up being incredibly predictable. The Lara Croft adventure was much more compelling without a single word being said.

On its own this is still a cool puzzle game, but I agree with those who said that this game could've been so much more with a bit more creative puzzle design and story writing. Giving it 4/5.

7. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Looks like this one gets much more (net) media attention than other title launched this week....but I am not sure if I would want to play this right away.

8. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    It's really understandable because it's not complex as the other game, everybody can play :D

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I sincerely hope this battery issue gets taken care of because the game is unplayable without a charger in this kind of state. It's ridiculous to think that roughly half an hour of gaming will kill an entire battery charge.

10. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    Crashes immediately on startup on iPad 2, iOS 7.12

...and sends me back to the desktop. Deleted, reinstalled, rebooted, the works, nothing helps. Hopefully they release a quick fix for this, as I loved the other 2 GO's.

11. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    What IOS Version did You have?

12. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    As written in the header of my earlier post, it's iOS 7.12 ;)

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... Really liking this one, but my ipad air's always not charged enough. LOL

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It'll never be! XD

Can someone check if the latest update fixes thing? I'm away from my charger for at least another day and a half and do not dare fire up the game to find out.

15. Yeah, I played one level in bed and lost 30% battery.

16. kowalos

kowalos Member

Oct 16, 2014
    Just did. Seems to be even worst now. Heating up in 2 min and losing 5% battery in those 2 min ! Game does look beautiful but in terms of art style not amazing tech so I can't really understand why is so demanding? I play it on iPad Air 2 and there is no aa or native rez but game stutters sometimes. I want to keep playing but I feel uncomfortable when holding my iPad and when checking percentage . Most advanced titles let me play for 4-5hrs at least but with this one in not sure it will last an hour. Please square fix this as it's degrading our batteries as well as its so hard to stop playing this gem.

17. ghostlessly

ghostlessly Member

Mar 30, 2015
    Anyone beat 49 in 17 moves?

18. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes. I'll PM you the hint.

19. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Orrrr.... you could post it here for everyone with a spoiler tag. #

20. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Level 49 in 17 moves

You have to connect the first terminal to a drone. It will turn towards you and start targeting you. Then, without leaving the terminal you need to connect it to the first disabled hexagon in order to clear a path for yourself. After you did that, start moving towards the second terminal.
    You need to time your initial approach to the first terminal so that the walker steps on and breaks the connection just as you clear the first hexagon. The rest is easy.