Universal Deus Ex GO (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 17, 2016.

1. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Purchased and wow game is fantastic, already finished 3 chapters and keep playing, by the way the music is so cool, it reminds me 80s electro music.

2. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Not really into the other GO games that much, but this is Deus Ex.. ### Might jump on this later on tonight if nothing else captures my attention

3. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Funny I'm just same as you and never tried previoud Go's, but i can't ignore Deus Ex never ever.

4. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    This^^^

5. Kallizm

Kallizm Active Member

Dec 21, 2013
    e-Learning Designer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Instabought!

6. razorracer83

razorracer83 Well-Known Member

#27 razorracer83, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  7. cakewalker

cakewalker Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    First impressions;

I feel with every game, or even update, this series is getting better. It's also getting more difficult, which I can only applaud.
    Art direction in this is top notch again it's really the small details which elevate this title. The animations when die, between scenes, and so on

I need to go and play more now

8. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Is the IAP there for purchasing hints?

9. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    No brainer. Instabuy

10. #31 AppUnwrapper, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    I was really hoping this new one would implement an undo button, as that's the only thing I missed in LCG. Instead they added a way to get more money with hints. :/

Otherwise enjoying it so far. Reminds me a bit of Uncharted GO, but much much nicer. :p

11. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    yes up to $8,99 for 25 hints

12. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Love the game so far. Have finished the first mission of the third chapter before coming here to review. I like all aspects of the game. This game is more focused on the story so it helps having only one set of objectives - par moves per level, unlike Hitman Go with three objectives per level.
    Love the puzzles as well. Square Enix seems to have a way of designing levels so I personally never get bored. Levels never seem repetitive. Perhaps they introduce the new element at just the right moment. I don't know. Whatever they do works wonders. Regarding the hints IAP, I think you'll find plenty of hints on various websites very soon. When I struggled with last chapter of Lara Croft GO I found a website with video walk through of every level. I don't think this game will be any different.

13. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    I actually found this easier than Lara Croft or Hitman, but maybe it's because I am more tuned to the game's mechanics. its definitely shorter than Lara Croft, but the daily puzzles will keep this on my phone for the foreseeable future. Oh, Cloud Save via Game Center works great.

14. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Does it say anywhere, who made the music?
    Interested in seeing if it is the original score/composer, that would be enough for me to buy it. :)

15. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#36 Sanuku, Aug 17, 2016

Deus Ex GO - It could been so much more then just an Theme Pack for Hitman-/Lara Croft Go but the Team in Canada sadly were too lazy(?) to improve the "Go" Games to a new Level if it comes your Gameplay Experience.

Talking about Deus Ex is literally like asking yourself what you had done so far in life and what your choices were when you had to decide what you will do next.

I had spent with Deus Ex hundreds of hours twentysix years ago and probably not less then that with the Games that had so far followed afterwards if it comes to the Deus Ex Franchise and if you would ask me what Deus Ex was all about through all those years it was always about choices where it did matter what you would actually do at some point in the Game.

[​IMG]

You could always decide what you would do next. Deus Ex Go is nothing at all of this. It feels more like an Theme Pack for Lara Croft-/Hitman Go then actually an Part of the Deus Ex Franchise and what kills it for me is that the Team back in Canada had it all in front of them and would only have to implement on each Stage a tiny bit of work more to make you believe that it would matter what you do or how you play through the Game.

[​IMG]

I`m not expecting a full blown up PC Port here of any Game at all. What I had expected from the Team back in Montreal that at least once someone would came up with a bit of variety if they put the Deux Ex Logo on a Game that is and always will be about choices.

This is nothing that couldn`t have been implemented into the Game by simply checking if I had so far reached on each Mission so far every task that the Game might have put up for me and then instead of playing the default End Sequence on each stage last mission play instead one Alternativ.

[​IMG]

How lazy can you be when you create for an Stage only on End Sequence?. Did actually anyone from the hole Deus Ex Go Team had played through any Deus Ex Game at all?

It`s hard to believe that there wasn't a single Teammember that had played through the Game and afterwads didn`t thought "Well you know, this Game feels too linear, maybe we should let the Game behave in a different form if the Player does fullfill all the task in a Stage. Like an reward for not rushing through the Game but instead taking the time with it. I can`t believe that not a single Producer noticed that the Game feels more like an DLC then actually an new Game at all.

Such an huge opportunity missed out totally...

Conclusion:

If you are looking for an Theme Pack of Deus Ex for your Hitman-/Lara Croft Go Game go ahead and buy Deus Ex Go since it`s exactly what you are looking for. If you had expected more from the Game then that stay the heck away from it or wait till it will be sold for the Dollar it`s worth it in such a case during the upcoming Christmas Sale.

Rating: 3/5

Sidenote:

I`m still looking forward to next Week:

[​IMG]

16. Cougarcat

Cougarcat Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    #37 Cougarcat, Aug 17, 2016
    I agree, I've pretty much stopped trying to get gold because there is no undo. It's too easy to step in the wrong direction with the touch interface. And getting gold doesn't seem to do anything anyway. BTW, there are hint IAPs in the other games as well...but as another user has pointed out, that's why YouTube exists!

This is actually my main complaint. One of the hallmarks of Deus Ex is the varying approaches to an objective which can affect the story. There's none of that here. Wish they'd kept the ability to solve levels stealthily.

I'm finding it easier too, but the mechanics are a bit more complex. There are more moving parts so it has the potential to be harder, I think.

It says "Pixel Audio" in the credits. Seems like a good imitation of Michael Mann, though.

Overall, the presentation is superb, with some great animations. Wish they'd gotten the voice actors from the games, though!

17. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Does this game make anyone else's 6+ heat up?

18. Yeah, I know -- I made a video walkthrough of LCG. :p I don't like using hints in games. And LCG had a one-time purchase for all hints. Even though I didn't buy it, the fact that this game has consumable IAPs for hints instead, makes me more cynical about the lack of an undo button.

I'm also getting tired of watching the same cutscenes over and over again when I complete the final level of a chapter but am trying to get gold on it. Those should be skippable!

I was able to excuse these things with LCG, but seeing smaller devs treat players with more respect (Snakebird, Puzzlepops) is making me a little grumpy about all this.

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yep. Well, my SE. Also, 5 minutes of play uses up like 10% of battery.