iPhone Desktop Dungeons (by QCF Design)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 27, 2015.

1. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    ok, seems like with the Priest, I was able to beat 2 more levels...
    now I have Elfs and Dwarfs.
    Guess I'll keep grinding with the Priest in the general dungeons. (not the ones on the other map)

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Complete noob question.

Gone through the tutorial and choose to get a wizard. But I find no way to beat the Level 5 Goat boss. So, should I better escape the dungeon with gold (and XP?) first? Should I wait to upgrade all my "classes" before attempting boss? Or is there a strategy to battle bosses?

TIA.

3. rael42

rael42 Member

May 16, 2011
    IT
    Midwest US
    Right handed mode.

First, I love this game. Played way back when before the new interface and paid for the beta and have been playing off and on through the web site and now Steam ever since. I have been looking forward to the iPad version since the first day I played and I'm thrilled to have it now and it is largely everything I'd hoped for... with one little issue (2 if you count the upside down screen they say they are working on). Is there a right handed mode or am I just missing it? I am right handed, I put my finger down on the enemy I'm attacking but in order to get the important (to me) information of what the attack will do I have to contort my hand out of the way. Is there a way to move the information to the left side of the screen where it wouldn't be completely blocked by a right hander? If not could the devs maybe look into that? Is it just me? I know I don't always play games the "right" way and maybe no one else needs to constantly check for a Barely Win or Death notification. Seriously I haven't heard anyone else so much as mention this so maybe I'm just playing wrong. I know I can click near the enemy like a button after selection, but I just find the radial menu so much quicker when running a dungeon. Let me know if others have a work around for this.

4. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    You're not referring to tutorial boss you are meant to be killed by? As told by the game?

5. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Thats what I was wondering too actually. lol

6. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    I think I have stated that I have gone through the tutorial.

Nevermind.

I go to the Wiki and get what I ask for and cleared all the dungeons of my city. Moving on...

7. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    After alternating this and sproggi I must say this game gave me much more satisfaction when you complete a dungeon... In sproggi you can clear with any characters.. It more like a typical rougelike rpg..
    But the challenges in this game is way up a few tiers.. You actually need some brains to play it.. Many a times I end up unable to solve the puzzle because of some silly things I did.. I actually appreciate this as it gives me another reason to restart and try to complete.. And Oh boy when you compete it successfully u feel like u are Einstein.

8. NightmareCC

NightmareCC Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Sounds like a really nice title for me.
    But I have too much games to play atm.
    So I think that I wait for a sale on this before I jump in the action :)

9. Aerion

Aerion Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Yeah, while the game can be both redundant & frustrating at times, the satisfaction you get from a very close victory reminds me much of "Lords of Waterdeep".

In both games, really one resource more or less can be the difference between victory & defeat. Both games force you to plan your resources very cleverly.

There is nothing more painful than knowing that the boss is one hit from death, but you can only strike second and you're out of level-up popcorn, health, mana, potions & blackspace...

10. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Sproggiwood on Normal is baby mode, play on Savage for the actual experience.

11. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Sorry if that was only level 5 boss I could think of. Will try not to ask stupid questions in the future

12. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=262723][​IMG][/thread] [thread=262612][​IMG][/thread] [thread=262789][​IMG][/thread] [thread=259458][​IMG][/thread] [thread=262755][​IMG][/thread] [thread=262657][​IMG][/thread][thread=262645][​IMG][/thread][thread=262617][​IMG][/thread]

Desktop Dungeons

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

May 28th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

13. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    That's the difference.. Why would I want to make the game imbalance by cranking up the difficulty.. It just make the minions harder to kill.. It won't make u feel smarter beating them.. Unlike this game...

14. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    The difficulty isn't imbalanced, it's merely more in line with the kind of difficulty rogue-likes are known for. Savage difficulty adds enemy behavior and changes floor layouts, it does not give enemies more hp or damage. So it does in fact make you feel smarter for beating them.

15. RinoaHeartily

Dec 12, 2010
    OK bro I'll try that and see if it makes the game more fun!

16. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Hmm...no mention of screen rotation in the change list.

17. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Just beat the daily dungeon for the first time! Its a good job warlord is one of my favoured classes, although I got wrecked as another favourite yesterday.

I especially enjoyed being forced to play the class in a completly unusual way, due to the race combo. Looking forward to more daily dungeons!

18. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    New update here but unfortunately it still doesn't fix that the app closes entirely if I shut my Smart Cover on my iPad mini 2 with latest IOS.

Is no one else experiencing this? It's so frustrating.

19. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    Still waiting to push the 'buy' button as long as the orientation is not fixed...

20. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Ah, I dunno, if it was related to my previous question, then I guess better let the by-gone be by-gone and that is exactly what "nevermind" means.