Descend - Old-School, First-Person, Grid-Based RPG

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by geppetto, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    +1
    my tought exactly about the character art..
    IMHO, it doesn't macth the whole screen because it's too cartoonish...

2. roorooroo

roorooroo Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Any more news on this one? Seems to have gone rather quiet.

3. chainsawash

chainsawash Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Yeah, been keeping tabs on this one. Hope it's been quiet because they are putting on the final touches before submitting to Apple!

4. geppetto

geppetto Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Game Designer
    Sydney, Australia
    Hey everyone - yes, sorry about the lack of updates recently.

The good news is, I just (literally) completed the upload of Descend to Apple, so - barring any Apple weirdness - the game should hit the App Store in 1-2 weeks. If there are any delays to that, I'll let you know.

I'm very excited to see what people think of the finished product; my first major release. I'm also really looking forward to building even bigger things in future for all you RPG junkies out there.

There's a small story teaser up on the Descend page too.

Time to take a little break before starting work on the next project.

Thanks for the interest that you've all shown in Descend. It's very encouraging to know that people are just as keen as myself to see these games make a comeback.

5. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    great news. i'll be buying asap!

6. LazyGamer

LazyGamer Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2011
    Kiel, Germany
    #106 LazyGamer, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
    I preferred the realtime combat of Dungeon Master and the games it spawned. It so much increased the feeling of "being there" over games like Bard's Tale at the time.

But might be a nice diversion in the wait for Grimrock.

Anyway I am ready to support anybody giving us some Dungeon Master love...so btw. have you tried to contact the FTL team if they are willing to licence the original game?

7. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Congrats on the submission to Apple! :D

8. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    too bad about it being tiny screen only. although i like what i see and might make an exception this time if bob barker says the price is right!

9. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Congrats on getting this submitted to Apple!! I'll definitely be checking this out as soon as it's available, but is there any possibility that you could post up a game play video to help us with the wait? Thanks!!

10. snufmumriko

snufmumriko New Member

Oct 5, 2011
    I'm looking forward to it. It is amazing there are people like you out there creating this type of game out of sheer love for the genre; it really makes me feel immensely thankful.

11. sanitymops

sanitymops Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    I completely agree, Undercroft is my favorite game up to this point so I am pretty psyched to see some of the same genre be released for ios. Good work and can't wait to get my hands on it!

12. geppetto

Aug 31, 2010
    Game Designer
    Sydney, Australia
    For anyone subscribed to this thread, I just wanted to let you know that Descend is finally available in the App Store!

It's only just been approved this morning, so sometimes it takes a little while to become searchable etc.

You should be able to get to it though via this link, or this link.

I really hope you enjoy playing my first little adventure into the world of old-school RPGs :)

I might start a thread in the New Releases section for future discussion, updates, etc.

13. geppetto

Aug 31, 2010
    Game Designer
    Sydney, Australia
    Actually, it looks like someone has already started a thread, so I guess we'll use that one :)

Descend RPG