Universal Dereliction (by Team_Derelict)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Team Derelict, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Team Derelict

Team Derelict Well-Known Member

Yes I am sorry, I saw that issue where the Stats didn't update. Its fixed now! Each Rank increases Reflexes, Accuracy and Critical chances. This works, but the stats weren't changing on the loadout.

For the Two weapons, you will need very heavy armor to support it

2. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    Thanks!

3. Team Derelict

Thank you everyone reading this. It has been a tough road so far, but I am still working away at making Dereliction a better game.

I plan to have a roadmap written out of what I plan to work on.

First I am going to say v1.2 will be out with MAJOR fixes soon.

Thank you for your patience

Ironbotto and CrayonWarrior like this.
  4. Team Derelict

#44 Team Derelict, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    Ive made another Video. Its for the people who are still undecided.
    Unfortunately, The game is what it is. And some people like it, others are still having trouble with it.

I can only say that this video, while edited, does show how the game plays, OR can play!
    While I lost :( this is very high level stuff. And its tough! It was still fun, and I liked trying to show what i was thinking by drawing the lines ahead of time. (that was done with the ipad's take screenshot feature)

I feel it is worth getting into. I hope whomever plays the game finds and sees how much I have put into it. And Hopefully enjoys going through it. But I know its not for everyone :)

I am fortunate enough to get a large list of things that I need to fix. Thanks to those who added to the list. Im going to take a little half day or so (today) to rest since im still sick. Then I have a few things to do

v1.2 is on the AppStore
    OUT NOW
    • Fixed up all the weapons in many different ways so they're all better
    • Reworked the NAV Grid for a better, more real if not smarter, Ai
    • All levels needed to be updated with a different system for the Pathing
    • Several levels have updated Art, layout to include new rooms
    • Fixed up UI and added a few helpful instructions
    • New Levels

Ironbotto and CrayonWarrior like this.
  5. Team Derelict

[​IMG]

Im starting to add a few help bubbles that you have the option to click. There are a LOT of rules that aren't covered (explicitly).

For example, Soldiers cannot shoot through each other. However, if two are close enough, one can give the order to crouch. Crouched soldiers can be shot over, doubling up your firepower in the one area. Remember tho that friendly fire is a real thing.

Im focusing on working within whats currently there, trying to make it more accessible. That said I am also working on some new levels for post game/ late game.

Any comments? Anyone need help with a particular part? Please let me know

Ironbotto likes this.
  6. Team Derelict

#46 Team Derelict, Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    Here is something I'm doing. Its a little video (WIP) of some weapons.

CrayonWarrior likes this.
  7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Just hopping by really quick to say that I am having lots of fun with the game.
    Full review and walkthrough coming soon.

Short one, and full disclosure:
    Alex - the developer - personally invited me to test his latest update and provide feedback on the game.
    At first, I felt like throwing the game out after maybe half an hour of play. UI issues, many things not really explained, hardcore realtime which normally really isn't my cup of tea.

Once I got past that, Dereliction really opened up and I am having lots of fun. Almost at the end, according to the dev it's 15 main stages plus a few side stages, and I am at stage 14 currently.

On top of that, Alex is incredibly responsive and listened to the feedback and suggestions I gave - mostly UI stuff, but also found a not-so-nice (but not game-breaking) bug.
    He's implementing new things as fast as he can, AND added new missions as well.

I especially want to point out that he allows you to respec your 5 soldiers anytime you are outside of combat, as often as you want and at no cost in resources. This is something I've been preaching about for years, and here it just is. Only the second developer who ever did that, and I cannot applaud him enough for it. Simply f*ck-awesome, go Alex! :D

Team Derelict likes this.
  8. candyjet

candyjet Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    NZ, how does the respeccing work? Not noticed that so far?

Thanks,

CJ

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #49 Nullzone, Jul 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    Well, there's this rather hidden "Reset Soldier" button... :D
    upload_2018-7-29_22-14-8.jpeg

It sells everything you bought for that Soldier, *at full price* so you don't lose anything. Needed to "sell" armour and promotions.
    Ammo you can sell. Weapons you can simply downgrade by selecting a cheaper one, you get cash back.

UPDATE: Oh, so that "arrow" in the Armour section actually is a button... It let's you downgrade armour.
    upload_2018-7-29_22-22-16.jpeg

10. Team Derelict

Im taking feedback very seriously, so any issues that are found I have been fixing. As a result, there has been a lot of updates that I plan to put out once ready.

•dead bugs don't appear on minimap
    •Lockers and fuseboxes have animating minimap icon showing status etc
    •soldiers carry fuse are easily seen as such on map
    •shotguns are better close range
    •flamethrowers can fight lone bugs better
    •all guns shoot faster/slower and more/less damage. (balancing for below)
    •Bugs are much less squishy, takes more hits
    •Criticals are more important, more controlled % wise
    •bug speed has changed
    •new levels
    [​IMG]

11. candyjet

Aug 25, 2010
    Thanks NZ. I really am bottom of the class. :(

In mitigation, I thought respeccing while not in combat meant it could be done during a mission, when you’re not being attacked, ie, go to the ‘cash machine’, draw some cash and buy more bullets. Clearly not.

CJ

12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @candyjet No worries, we all have days like this :D
    And I see I wasn't clear enough, should have written "outside missions" or "anytime on the squad outfit screen".

And the "cash machine for bullets" idea is hilarious:
    *BOOM SHOOT SHOOT HISS*
    "Welcome to Bullets-R-Us self-order and checkout. If you are an existing customer, please press "1". New customers please press "2".
    "Hurry up, stupid thing, the aliens are right behind this door."
    "Order: 5 magazines, Shotgun ammunition. Confirm yes/no?"
    "YES DAMMIT"
    "Thank you for your confirmation. Do you have a loyalty card with us? If yes, please place it on the card reader now ... (wait) ..."
    "Please place your credit chip on the card reader now... (wait) ..."
    "FINALLY! GIMME MY AMMO NOW!"
    "Would you like to participate in a customer satisfaction survey? Or join our rewards program? ... (wait) ...."
    "KLIK KLIK KLIKKLIKKLIK OH F... *HISS SCRATCH CHOMP* ... AARRGGLL..."
    "Timeout. Transaction cancelled ... Thank you for visiting Bullets-R-Us. Would you like to give us more details why you cancelled your purchase?"

13. Team Derelict

I will quickly point out that ammo+ is more ammo carrying capacity upgrade than anything else.
    So this ammo is used, but not used up. If you have 500 rounds, you start every level with 500 unless you upgrade or downgrade your ammo. More ammo is good for slower play or fiercer combat, compared to low ammo with a quick strike through the map. So its a trade off you need to take enough for the level, but not more

I am also saying hello everyone! Im still working on several things:
    •grenade circle is now low priority for clicking, so no accidental explosions in the airlock anymore.
    •Lots of little things :p

Have a good Day

14. Ironbotto

Ironbotto Member

Aug 2, 2018
    Male
    Playing version 1.2 on an iPad Pro 12 once and it looks great.

How do I get past the end of level 2 “you must gather your squad”. I have them all camping the final door?

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Hello @Ironbotto , and welcome to TA!

That's a bug I ran into a few times as well during my current testing of new versions.

Alex (the developer) fixes bugs - and adds new features - at an amazing speed, fix should be available soon.

Question:
    Does this happen everytime you try stage 2? So far, replaying the stage did the trick for me, seems to be an occasional hiccup.

16. Ironbotto

Ironbotto Member

Aug 2, 2018
    Male
    Yeah - I have replayed that level it 3 times so far and couldn’t figure out if it was me or the game but I think it’s the game. Version 1.2. It I am. Stuck

17. candyjet

Aug 25, 2010
    I thought it fair to update my comments made above in the light of the changes made to the game.

The developer is very keen to hear comments and has clearly reacted to the criticism. What was a very fiddly game on release has been much improved and is now top of my gameplay list at the moment. It appears very straightforward to start with, but I can see that there will be a lot of tactical planning needed, which increases it's replay value.

The graphics are excellent and the concept sufficiently different from other games to make this well worth a look.

Only disappointment is not being able to but bullets at the cash machines. :rolleyes:

The developer is continually improving the game and adding levels too.

CJ.

PS I bought the game, and have no connection to the developer.

18. candyjet

Aug 25, 2010
    Ironbotto, have you opened the door to the exit by pressing the padlock for a while?

19. Ironbotto

Ironbotto Member

Aug 2, 2018
    Male
    Yes - I can hold the padlock for 5 seconds then I get the message "you must gather your squad"

I have closed and restarted the game a few times and checked that its the latest version (1.2)

I can replay the level and see that the lockers/loot are already cleared out so it just rushing the team to the exit door. Same error.

20. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Ironbotto : Fix is coming soon.
    Alex has a build (almost) ready that will fix this problem - and include a long list of other fixes and improvements as well ;) he did an awesome job over the last few days.