Universal DERE EVIL EXE (by Darius Immanuel Guerrero)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Jul 3, 2018.

1. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Just beat it this morning in one swift sitting. Couldn't put it down and had to see the ending. Really great stuff for anybody into meta games like Pony Island or Doki Doki Literature Club, but in precision platformer style. It does seem to have some lore connected to the developer's other work which I haven't checked out yet, but it isn't necessary to know a single thing to get the full experience or even enjoy the story presented. Perfectly fine as a standalone, hit it up for sure.

2. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    Thank you! It's most heavily connected to its prequel, DERE EXE, which I am working to get approved on the App Store again. Will let you know when it's out. But I'm glad it works out just fine as standalone for ya :D Thanks again!

By the way guys, TA just posted this article! Really proud of this one:

https://toucharcade.com/2018/07/09/dere-evil-exe-review/

3. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    Aww thank you so much man! Thank you! Trying to get the prequel of this game on the App Store now. Hope it gets approved. You might like that one too :D and a third part is in development now!

cyberknight23 likes this.
  4. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    nyanpass likes this.
  5. Spore Productions

Spore Productions Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2013
    Game Developer
    Toronto
    Started reading the review and then just had to install it! Very well made game! But oh do I wish it supported MFI controllers! I've got a Nimbus Steelseries gathering dust here and I thought for sure this game would be perfect for it... nope, no support (or did I do it wrong?)

DariusGuerrero likes this.
  6. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    you did nothing wrong we just haven't had the resources to add controller support for this game :) and with how the UI and buttons work intertwined, it could be a challenge. thanks for the kind words!

7. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    [​IMG]
    App Store made this tweet and hit me right in the feels. Thank you everyone. I didn't expect this game would get noticed. Thank you. I promise not to disappoint you for the sequels.

8. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    I'm sorry had to post this . Got new fan art and I love it so much! Created by cosplayer/artist Maggie Timoney

[​IMG]

9. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    #49 DariusGuerrero, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    Good news! Markiplier played the game and he loved it! Was waiting for this one not just because he has 21 million subs, but more because he's a big fan of the first one as well and wanted to see his reactions to the sequel :)

10. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Yeah I saw this on the youtube feed and was immediately happy for you lol. While I personally don't watch youtubers like Markiplier, I feel like you've made it in a way if you can get featured on such a channel. "Markiplier played your game" is like a game dev achievement.

DariusGuerrero likes this.
  11. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    So will there never be an update to improve the controls? Really like the game but when it doesn’t seem to register jumps and taps accurately some of the time, it’s more frustrating than it needs to be. Game is already hard enough.

12. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    It really feels like an achievement as a game dev, especially if he loved it since the man has played through and finished like thousands of games. and his reactions are usually "meh". the first game surprised him so much I kept the clip of his reaction too as motivation for making DERE EVIL EXE.

and now I'm downloading the new one as motivation again. haha!

13. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    #53 DariusGuerrero, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
    I'm still having a hard time replicating these bugs because they seem to work fine on my devices and I can't seem to figure out exactly what's causing them for others, but when I do get to the bottom of them I will push out an update and maybe add some other challenges (but no alterations to the story). I am having ahard time with these random bugs, but I don't abandon these games don't worry. The first game had like a ton of updates and it's so different from it's first release. I make the biggest update usually when the next game is about to come out.

Fan animation by Chui ガム

14. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    #54 DariusGuerrero, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    DERE EVIL EXE was Game of the Day!

[​IMG]

15. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    #55 DariusGuerrero, Feb 21, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  16. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer

let's try to beat Fortnite for People's Choice :D lol that would make headlines

You can also help us win the People's Choice category by registering an account here: https://www.imgawards.com/my-account

then voting for DERE EVIL EXE here: https://www.imgawards.com/winners-nominees/15th-imga

by the way, some mobile browsers cut off at the error message that appears when you vote, so make sure you're registered and signed in. When you vote for DERE EVIL EXE you'll see something like this.

[​IMG]

Thank you for the support!​