Deputy Dog Games is Looking for.... Take 2

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by hardcoregamer, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardcoregamer

hardcoregamer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    I appreciate the criticism when it's constructive. New England Gamer left a good post. Here's the reason why I'm not paying my staff. I don't have a Mastercard, so I don't have a PayPal, I can't send checks because I don't want anyone to know who I am or where I live because of stalkers, and cash through the mail is a disaster waiting to happen. Any other ideas? And when I did that, it's was to motivate my staff, not humiliate.

2. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    you should trust your partners.. they want to get paid; not stalk you.

3. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    You can get cashier's checks from any bank. I find it odd though that you don't trust your staff enough to give out your full information.

And to an outsider such as myself, also a potential customer, that really looked like humiliation not motivation. That's stuff you post IN the group, not in the group's description.

Let me add this too - I would never want to work for someone who did not disclose their full information to me. That's just common sense.

4. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Well if they would give me their full information, I'd give them mine. PLEASE GUYS, LET'S JUST LET BYGONES BE BYGONES AND MOVE ON!!!

5. dhondon

dhondon Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Norway
    You don't need Mastercard(or any other card) to use paypal. You transfer money from you bank to your paypal account, then you send it.
    It's safe, and all the info you need to pay someone is their e-mail.

6. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    See this is where you lose me. What bygones? I am making suggestions, I am giving you advice, and then you YELL. I bet if they are on your staff and you say - hey I want to give you some of the profits I need your name and address where I can send the check - they WILL! Did you ask? Yeah if they won't then you shouldn't, but full disclosure on both parties. That then begs the question - if they don't give YOU their information why would you hire them?

7. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    If I had a bank account, then that'd work.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Pssst... I heard you can "take care" of people...

9. dhondon

dhondon Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Norway
    So how is apple going to pay you? Do they send checks?

10. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    What bygones? I know you don't like me, a lot of people don't. And I want to make everything right again. That's what I mean by bygones. Da shiz wiz, kunning, mobile1up, etc. let's just forgive each other and move on.

11. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Pokemon cards.

12. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    How else would they do it? :D

13. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Rofl. So anyway, I'm sorry about everything Midian, are we cool now?

14. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Liking and trying to help are two different things. I don't deserve to be yelled at when I make an argument you can't refute. That's not making things right here. You aren't making it easy to like you. I keep trying to help whether I like you or not, but when I say something you know is right but don't want to do you yell. You KNOW in your heart of hearts you need to pay your staff. There HAS to be some good in you and some graciousness. What are you going to put on your resume? CEO of volunteers? Honestly if you set a business plan and follow through and then indeed pay your workers, that will look fantastic on a resume. What you are doing now, not so much.

If you don't have a bank account how are YOU going to deposit your checks? And again, I say, there are cashier's checks available at every bank. Simple easy, mail them, done. No transfers or anything.

15. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Here hardcore, i added one more line for you to see how easy it is to pay people.

16. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    He doesn't have a bank account or paypal and he thinks he'll get paid? Hahahahhahaha

17. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Da shiz wiz just PMed me and accepted my apology, so now mflc and da shiz wiz have both done it. Any others? And the checks will be made out to my parents, because they will technically be the devs, because you have to be 18 to sign up for the dev license. Then the checks will go into their bank account, and then they will give me all the money.

18. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Based on the way they raised you, I reckon they'll keep the money for themselves, and call you lazy.

19. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I'd laugh myself to tears if the dev group got named "Hardcore's Mom & Dad".

20. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    I have a 5.0 GPA, went to the National Spelling Bee in Washington, DC and made it all the way to the semifinals on ESPN, and have never gotten a detention on my life. I am an ASPCA ambassador, give money to charity, and volunteer frequently. Plus I'm making my own iPhone games with my true friends who respect me and who I respect. That's how I was raised.