Deputy Dog Games is Looking for.... Take 2

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by hardcoregamer, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardcoregamer

hardcoregamer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    One member of my team, Luis, is an adult, has degrees in art, works in graphic design, says that he respects me more than his own boss, and if you think that he's desperate or stupid, then that is just really wrong. So don't apologize to me for saying that, apologize to him, because he follows this thread, and he doesn't deserve that after he has done so much for this game. He works almost as much as me on this game, and he is sure not desperate or stupid.

2. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Okay, here's what I'm going to do. Everyone here who has a problem with me, say I, and say why. I don't want to wrong anybody, but if I did, it was only because you wronged me first. There's a difference between constructive criticism and insults.

3. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    no need to twist my words - how about just answering the question.

are you going to charge for the games and NOT share the profits with everyone who helps you? if people decide they are ok with that; thats fine, but you have clearly said you are "hiring" and it is important for anyone who works with you to know where they stand now, before you give them this surprise later.

i am sure luis has an agenda; like everyone should. what is yours?

4. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    The games could be free, or paid, or maybe a mix, idk yet. Luis can't have an agenda if he works this hard ont he game. We are a team, the two of us. The other artists don't really work hard, but us two will MAKE THIS GAME! Now, who here have I wronged. I want to make it up to you.

5. pcmaster

pcmaster Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    ok there are so many reasons not to join your group but here is the biggest one They have to listen to you and respect you for what? nothing or maybe if they are lucky a free promo code and $10 for itunes

6. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Luis is getting a $10 itunes card, but no one else. They would if they stepped up their game, but no one wants to.

7. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    If you want me to apologize to you, now is the time!

8. Foozelz's Lover

Nov 13, 2009
    Then hire me

9. mobile1up

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    i don't know why you feel i'm picking on you - really.

but anyhow; i think i've aired the points i wanted to raise - so i'm going to focus on other things now. i just have one last set of advice for you - and, its not just for you, but everyone who wants to build business relationships. keep your ethics in the right place; do what is best for everyone involved and ensure people get the rewards they deserve. if you treat people right; you'll have them as friends and business partners for life. this means do not mis-represent your intentions or goals. honesty is the best path.

you may have started on the wrong foot with the wrong attitude - but, i hope that you can at least take this one piece of wisdom and do something about it and do the right thing.

10. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    "If you want me to apologize to you, now is the time!"- I've said that three times, what is the right thing to you?

11. Foozelz's Lover

Nov 13, 2009
    u can apologize 2 me by hiring me

12. mobile1up

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    i'm not looking for an apology from you, seriously. its past that.

i meant do the right thing with your business and partners.. we all start of arrogant and think we know everything.. been there, done that. try to take advice instead of learning the hard way and ending up with a ruined reputation and/or losing some great people. i'm trying to be nice by at least giving you some advice; but i would never want to work with you with your current attitude - but, i know people are prone to change.. we'll see.

13. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Topic died on the first page. I knew the only reason this was at 4 pages already was because it was full of the same crap the first one was, I just knew.

14. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? YOU THINK THAT I THINK I KNOW EVERYTHING???? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!! That's the complete opposite of what I think! If I thought I knew everything I would be a company of one and I wouldn't have any threads. I don't want to be mean, but the only one who really deserves pay on my team is cuestaluis and obviously myself. The rest of them are pretty lazy, for the most part.

15. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    #35 hardcoregamer, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
    But you gotta admit, it's less crap than last time, and I'm still trying to fix it up until people have completely stopped bashing each other.

16. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Ha ha then you are going against child labor laws!

17. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Just like the good ol' days

18. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    Did you ever think that theres a reason they are lazy, and its not just a bad attitude? hmm...

19. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    I think I have only tried to help you hardcore and yet you either ignore it or explain it away somehow. You do the same to everyone else. Either you are going to accept the suggestions or not. If not, then as I said before, go to your group and post there and leave everyone else out of it. If you ARE open to suggestion then listen to what experienced developers have to say to you and at LEAST profit share on your profits to your ENTIRE staff, adults, children, cats, dogs and hamsters (that's a joke if you didn't get it - I mean everyone deserves a cut). If I remember correctly you are getting the developer fee for Christmas so that is not even an expense to you. SO you need to pay your staff. If you think my suggestions are criticisms or insults then something is seriously wrong with you.

20. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    If that is truly what you feel you should not have the on your staff period. You also should not list your staff members on your group description by how much work they may or may not contribute. Public ridicule is not a means for incentive.