Deputy Dog Games is looking for new applicants!

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by hardcoregamer, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    With the exception that I wasn't chastising a 14-year old. I know what a 14-year old can accomplish if they put their mind to it, and I in fact cheered him on and urged him to focus.

Then you follow up the conversation by harassing this 14-year old yourself.

Do you consider his idea to be stupid or funny? Because I certainly don't. Even if this project fails, by the time he is 18 he will have amassed quite a lot of experience. As long as he keeps trying.

And that is what this is about. He isn't just dreaming, he is trying.

2. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Oh, and he wants to code...Hmm..

3. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Uh... 3 levels? I've never played Zombiebille USA so is it just a survival game that goes on forever? I have Inkvaders and those levels have an end (which come pretty quickly). I hope those levels are endless.

And your team must really suck if it takes 30 people more than 3 hours to do all that art. No offense, I think I'm just misinformed. is there more artwork? Are you going to be doing any 3D graphics? Are the levels still in the design stages? If that's all true than it might take you a little longer. You'll make a lot more money if this game comes out for Christmas though, so you should push your employes extra hard. Like that dumb turkey blasting game that's being advertised everywhere. Oh, and you have to advertise too if you want a lot of hype.

4. dhondon

dhondon Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Norway
    I think there will be some problems with graphical consistency. 13 artist and no art director. your graphics is only as good as your weakest piece.

5. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    yeah, I think somehow in the end the arts only going to be made by the guy that made santa. What he said before was sorta confusing.

6. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

blackderbyhat, why did you edit in 3 in the morning?

7. hardcoregamer

hardcoregamer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    All I need to do is convince 142 people to buy the game to make a profit. The game starts out with three levels but there will be updates with new levels, clothes, music, weapons, etc. The game art won't be made all by one person, but it won't be made by twenty people either.

8. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    P.S. I'm glad everyone likes my thread!

9. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    hardcore are you using (or remaking) my EPIC invention i gave before i stopped :p?

10. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

11. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    i sent it to bronson if i recall, the cookie bomb :p

12. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Plz email me everything u sent to bronson as i never got it, and bronson is in timeout right now. thx

13. mehware

mehware Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Ok I am confused. You say the more "staff" you have the better. If you have a $0.99 USD game and someone buys it.. Apple takes about $0.30 USD on every sale. I don't know how big your "staff" is right now. Lets say its 10. You would make $0.07 USD per sale. You need a lot of sales to make any decent money if you profit share evenly.

It takes a very long time to make games, even for professionals or people who have published some games! I have only browsed this thread and not sure what your role is on the team, artist or coder?

If you don't want to make money and just want a title published to your name, cool. Sell it for free, have people download it and you have made it.

Honestly, I think you need to take quite a few steps back and make a game that already exists for fun. Make a pong clone for example and distribute it to your friends to play.

Always start small and K.I.S.S comes to mind.

Not trying to bash... just my two cents.

14. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I'll fill you in, but correct me if I'm wrong hardcore. He's keeping all of the money and everybody else working on it is voluntary and they get 1 promo code and their name in the credits (the more work they do the higher up in the credits they are). His job is ideas, management, and maybe some art or concept art, I'm not sure. And this is a game based off of one that already exists, it's very similar to Zombieville USA, but he's making his own characters, levels, weapons, and other features yet to be named.

15. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Here's how it is. Yffum was very close. I keep all profits but my stafff get *multiple* codes for all games. They are also listed in the credits, the higher up the more work they do. I do 40% of all of our art. I work very hard. I am also the dev and a big idea person. I organize staff meetings, set up a social group, etc. etc. etc. If you've ever play Zombieville USA, Sparta, or Inkvaders, you will love this game. Santa's Smackdown is all of that and MORE! It has unique features that those three games are lacking in, as well as the features you come to know and love in those games. We will have some polls for you tAers to vote in, such as choosing the game's icon.

16. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Is it possible for us to see some of your art? I don't think I've seen any.

17. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Here.

Attached Files:

18. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Abit different.

The 2 santas.

19. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    I could have given you one of the levels I've created that will be in the game, but that's giving away too much.

20. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Hmm, I prefer the first Santa, but somehow, that first one looks familiar, I think I've seen it somewhere before...