Deputy Dog Games is looking for new applicants!

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by hardcoregamer, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hardcoregamer

hardcoregamer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    I don't care if you don't like what I'm about to say, but it needs to be said. Insult it if you will. I will apologize to everyone, when THEY apologize to ME.

2. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    May I ask why?
    They give you advice and constructive criticism, and you take it as the apocalypse and start flaming and insulting them. YOU have caused your own doom! Why the hell start this thread if you can't keep in open mind? You have to accept change and criticism, otherwise you'll be slapped HARD when you are 23, trying to find a job, but end up living with your mom until you're 42.

3. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

i wish

4. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    What do you want them to apologize for? What did they ever do to you besides reprimand you for not acting mature and being able to take advice? Man, you really need to just sit back a little bit more in your seat and relax, they're trying to help you, while you're just trying to "PWNED" them. You've lost a lot of respect on TA already from this thread and now most people think that your game is a joke. Please settle down, answer people's advice thoughtfully and respectfully, and don't say anything to people who insult you. Just listen to what they have to say.

5. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    i don't expect an apology - honestly.

i think he has made it clear to everyone here that as a professional; he's got a lot to learn and catch up on. if anyone who "joined" his group get a chance to review this thread, i hope they are smart enough to step up and walk away - before they get more than what they bargained for.

if *hardcoregamer* was doing what he truely intended to set out to do; he would be trying to forge relationships and build a business. it doesn't hurt to take advice from people who have been around for a while (yeah, 20+ years coding makes me old here) and learn from people who have actually published games.

he's burnt bridges in terms of ever getting more advice from me - and it takes a lot to get on my bad side; i'm fairly open and willing to help people in general. i program because i enjoy it. my full time job is as a CTO of a company; where i tend to deal with contracts, presentations and tonnes of meetings - so, iphone development is an outlet for me.

oh well :) moving along.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Haha I'm so sigging that.