Demonsouls (ARPG) by Lakoo

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Lakoo, Oct 4, 2012.

1. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Like arpgs I'm very intrested if you need another tester I have tested 4 games so far.

2. Oliver Splash

Oliver Splash Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Would have also tested but the only languages i know is English & Spanish... :rolleyes: btw Lakoo what month will the game be released or still undecided?

3. Lakoo

Lakoo Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    We still cannot decide the release date because it's under review by Apple.

About the beta, Demonsouls involves a large world with complex context about demons, souls and tons of dialogues that we have to find some testers in our fans base to have a small scale but indepth review. For our upcoming titles that is more focused on gameplay, we would be glad to have more testers in Toucharcade to join.

We really appreciate and we are glad to discover that so many people here would like to try our game. :p

4. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    I weren't mind to test, I love KRPGs and this storyline says interesting..
    I have beta tested 4:33's Epic Heart and that experience was a blast.

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I wanna join the team need my email?

6. djiwai

djiwai Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    sh....! my heart jumped out of my chest just for a sec ! now after a little thinking, a demon's soul iOS game would be very unlikely; given from software's "talent" in programming, it would take at least an iphone 5 to run a 3g-looking demon's soul...

7. Lakoo

Lakoo Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Just updated with some info about the main characters. :p

8. Jxsgamer

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Cool, interesting name choices :)

9. Lakoo

Lakoo Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Good news! It's approved by Apple and we are preparing for the release! :D
    We'll keep you guys updated here.

10. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    So if it's approved, why not just release it right now?

11. Lakoo

Lakoo Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    We've just got the iPod Touch 5 for further testing.. sadly we still cannot get the iPhone5 here in HK. :(

And we are preparing for the promo codes for giveaway. :p

12. Oliver Splash

Jun 21, 2012
    :D That's great news! now just hoping it's not a next week release you know like Thursday lol.

Should i expect the promo codes on this post Lakoo?

13. Lakoo

Lakoo Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    I think I'll start a post in iPhone and iPod touch Games once the game's released. And I'll just post some codes in this post as well as that official release post.

I'm also asking for the permission for IAP coins redeem codes from our game designer! Finger-crossed for the approval from them. :p

14. Oliver Splash

Jun 21, 2012
    Take it'll be sent through PM yea? would be horrific having people battle it out HAHA! also that sounds nice, but if it doesn't happen & the game isnt IAP reliant then still see people dishing out a $1 or 2 to support the game while also benefiting from it. i could be wrong... :p

15. Lakoo

Lakoo Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    OK, sounds like PM will be a better idea. :eek:

There's no much need to spend the IAP coins to catch all the demons because whenever you meet them they'll be in your field journal with full description (that is kind of like the Pokedex). That is quite an issue I am afraid of, because i am also a "catch'em all" fans.

I'll recommend you only have to capture the demons with life leeching and strong AOE spells. ;)

In my opinion, if you grind some levels and get the IAP coins through daily rewards (that you'll need to have 3g/WIFI connection), it's not IAP reliant.

16. Oliver Splash

Jun 21, 2012
    #36 Oliver Splash, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    :D Best option most developers do it that way.

The fact that it doesn't rely on IAP will definitely will be a +1 for this game.
    & love the whole demons having descriptions in some pokedex type thing makes it sounds like an old school rpg atleast to me hehe.

also appreciate the tip & is it only the daily rewards that requires 3g/Wifi connection or will the game in whole require it to play? very important to know & should be included in description when released otherwise you'll have people raging on the comments & rating it lower... what i seen with other games anyway :rolleyes: well either way really looking forward to playing thanks for all the info & time of day Lakoo! :)

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This looks really awesome! I can't wait to see it out :)

18. Lakoo

Lakoo Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2010
    #38 Lakoo, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    I would say all the developers are still in the process of learning how to handle the freemium/paymium games in the game design context. We are trying to improve in the past few games and this time we have been tweaking the game since the Asia/Japan release. I hope it will do better than the previous titles. :)

Sure, I will add the daily rewards conditions in the descriptions.

19. picoro

picoro Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    when comes out?

20. Jxsgamer

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Awesome, looking forward to this release.
    I loved the artstyle of Dawn of Magic, though I don't think I ever finished it :(
    I was new to KRPGs on IOS at the time.

And I take it that the promo codes will be pm'ed randomly?
    Then, I hope that I am a lucky one. Have a great release! :)