Universal Demon's Rise (by Wave Light Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by WaveLightGames, Aug 20, 2015.

1. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Very nice!
    Expecially the undo option. I have cursed many a time due to a mistap. #

2. Verse

Verse Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    #1562 Verse, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Oh, well that is really hidden quite well. All enemies have a constant red circle beneath them. I had not noticed, nor had it been hinted at at any point in my previous gameplay that the thing goes from circle to hex when they're in range.

Well I guess that's one solution. I'll live with it.

Maybe someone can explain to me what the deciding factor is for gathering what amount of AP per turn? All the abilities have this X on them from the start, and then I start gathering AP per turn, but I can't figure out if there is something I do which gains me them faster, or if it's a set pace. And what does the evil eye thing in the upper bar of icons do? I can press the others to get an explanation, but it just doesn't seem to do anything when I click it.

3. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks. The new touch controls are also really good. I used a commercial product rather than my own code and it works way better. One difference is that rotating the camera is actually a 2-finger rotate rather than a 2-finger pan motion. Hopefully that won't confuse existing players too much.

4. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Update is out. Please provide feedback. I'd like to get some feedback on the touch controls before I roll out the controls to other games.

5. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #1565 stubbieoz, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    Having the camera sliders set to Slow or Very Slow and not having on screen controls makes the game totally unplayable for me now.
    As soon as I put two fingers on the screen and try to rotate the camera, it immediately zooms in to as close as possible. I then have to muck around with two fingers to try to get the view to zoom out, which is very unresponsive and I have to try multiple times for it to register. When that finally happens, if I try to rotate the camera again, it immediately zooms in close again.
    I have to set the sliders to at least Normal speed to stop the crazy zooming from happening if I want to play without onscreen controls, which I do prefer.
    At the Normal setting the camera is quite managable except fo the occasional times when I am wanting to simply rotate the screen but the game will also zoom in a bit.

The onscreen camera controls seemed to work fine at any setting though. Its just using finger control that it seems to be buggy.

This testing brings up a request from me. Is it possible for the camera option settings to be moved so you can access them while in game using the ingame options icon?

To test different camera settings you currently have to;-
    1. Tap Return to Camp.
    2. Tap Quit.
    3. Tap Options.
    4. Tap Gameplay.
    5. Change the camera sliders.
    6. Tap Save and Return.
    7. Tap Load Game.
    8. Tap Select Game.
    9. Tap Confirm.
    10. Tap Play Quest.
    11. Tap your quest.
    12. Tap Enter Battle.
    ...phew. Keep in mind that a lot of the steps also have loading screens. It is very, very cumbersome.

And for reference I have an iPad Pro 12.9" first generation running iOS 10.3.3.

6. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Awesome ... great feedback.

Working on those fixes for a patch that I will submit today. The last patch had a bug that messed up the screen on some devices so I need to get it out asap. However, I was able to add the touch control sliders to the pause menu so you can change them much more easily during a battle. Also, I've added a 2-finger vertical camera rotate now in this version. Just doing a bit more testing on different devices and then should submit to Apple today.

7. Verse

Verse Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    #1567 Verse, Dec 15, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    Disregard post.

8. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    No probs,

The update has landed by the way. Let me know your thoughts.

9. Verse

Verse Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    #1569 Verse, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
    I like the new undo, end turn, and updated controls. Vast improvement. I have a suggestion for a new feature. You know when you click your icons when you're doing a patrol or quest it takes you to the stat screen where you can see their abilities? Can you make it so you can cycle to "next hero" like you can in the battle itself? Just useful really, so you don't need to click the right character, then go out of that screen, find the next character, and click the avatar again, etc.

Also, can you do that anywhere in the camp? and what about the ability to see new classes without having to switch one of your team members out?

Unrelated, but I need some feedback from someone. My team consists of the following:

Knight: love him. He's all round fantastic. Lots of utility, and heals.

Giant: really not impressed with this guy. Low movement. Sure he has many hit points but only 2 attacks and not overly useful attacks another than his first one which does good damage.

Paladin: he's alright I guess. I don't have too much to say about him. 1 self heal and 3 attacks.

Gnome: I like him. His grenade and explosive shot does wonders

Storm seer: decent, I guess. Really not overly impressed. Mostly use for the first heal ability, and rarely the storm. Otherwise unimpressive, and low overall damage output.

Archer: fantastic. A real powerhouse. Nothing but good things to say about this one.

So the question is, what would fit in with this team. I'm thinking 1 new melee instead of the giant, and 1 new ranged instead of the storm seer. Some team heal ability Is needed. The melee should have decent movement. I should mention my team is only level 5.

10. Verse

Verse Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Hopefully I'll get an answer to my last post, but I just noticed two things that I thought I'd mention for future patches.

When you go patrol you can't click continue after beating a level. You have to go back to camp, and then back out to the next patrol from the camp. This is a lot of extra clicks for no reason. Furthermore, I know I've requested this before, but I'd really like to be able to track which patrol missions I've already completed. A star system or whatever would be great, since you effectively need to grind them to stand a chance in the quest chain.

Also, on level 29 in patrol, there are 3 dwarves who are prisoners, but they don't show up. They are completely invisible. You can see their health bars, and if you click on those, the icon and such pop up where it is supposed to be. You can also move them around, and they get attacked by the monsters, but they just lack their characters. It's a bit weird. It happens every time I go to that level.

11. Verse

Verse Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Right, well I just beat the game, so any previous questions I had, no longer matters. one final thing of importance I noticed was the quest levels jumped from 29 to 31. I'm not sure what happened to level 30, but it wasn't there for me.

12. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Sorry for the lack of replies. Have been tied up with family stuff this holiday. Congrats on finishing up the game!

When you say that the campaign goes from 29 to 31, do you mean the numbering on the quest buttons?

13. Verse

Verse Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Thanks. And congrats on making a fun game. I've already bought the sequel, and am looking forward to it. I'll be sure to pester you there when I begin playing in 2018 :)

As for the missing level 30, yeah I mean the quest number button. It goes from 29 to 31, while skipping the number 30 quest button.

14. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I can vaguely remember something about this the first time I played. I think the answer was that quest 29 was a two option quest and you could only do one, which caused the number sequence irregularity that you mention....

......I think #

15. Verse

Verse Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Ah is that it? When I had beat level 29, I got a story option where I could pick going after someone, or staying put. I chose to chase after whomever (random choice), as I didn't think there'd be a difference in the end. Are you saying it's a branching option? Or did I just miss out on a level since I chose the "wrong thing"?

Regardless, I think it might have been explained better, or just named 30 a and b instead. Just straight up skipping a number seems odd to me.

16. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Yep ... definitely a bug. I'll fix it.

The branching story path was an experiment in dr1. I plan to make the next big rpg to have many branching paths and be a hybrid tactical game / game book.

17. yew fai

yew fai Member

Nov 18, 2011
    hit odds bug

hi everyone. i just bought this game last week, very nice game but just encountered a bug, which i hope someone can verify/confirm for me.

when creating a new squad of 6, the 3rd character slot, regardless of whom you occupy it with, will have his/her hit chance (regardless of melee or ranged) capped at 100.

to test this, i create different squads each time, fill the 3rd slot with a character whose hit chance is 100% or just slightly below 100%, and head straight to the market to purchase some weapons. i would select items that increase hit chance and place on each character in turn, and the 3rd character would stop at 100% if it exceeds 100%.

a faster way to see this is to put the samurai at this 3rd slot and his default 105% hit chance would be reduced to 100%.

i am playing it on iphone 6 plus, ios 10.3.3. if someone can verify that this is a legitimate bug, i hope there can be a patch to fix this, and affected save games, thanks.

18. yew fai

yew fai Member

Nov 18, 2011
    re: hit chance bug (demon's rise 2)

with reference to my earlier post on the hit chance bug, i tested the sequel for the same bug.

my result shows that of the 6 character slots, the 3rd slot onwards (slot 3, slot 4, slot 5 and slot 6) have this bug where the hit chance (melee / ranged) are capped at 100%.

i'm using iphone 6 plus, ios 10.3.3. would appreciate it if there's anyone who is playing this game and could verify it for me, thank you.

19. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for letting me know. I'll take a look and see if I can fix it.

20. yew fai

yew fai Member

Nov 18, 2011
    thanks for your reply, i've also dropped a note to wavelightgames yesterday regarding this bug which currently affects both dr 1 & 2 just to bring it to your attention. looking forward to a patch which will hopefully also affect saved games retroactively #