Universal Demon's Rise (by Wave Light Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by WaveLightGames, Aug 20, 2015.

1. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    I decided to take it off the store because it wasn't selling and it was adding a lot of work to maintain two code bases, the free and paid versions.

2. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey guys ... game is on sale for this week.

Still working on the next big update that will add new blood effects and improved camera controls.

3. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Any word in the update with the new camera controls coming to this game?

4. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Yes, update is still coming. It was applied to Demon's Rise 2 but I'm finding some issues with the pathfinding that is also part of the update. Therefore, I'm trying to fix that before I roll it out to Demon's Rise 1.

5. sindyan

May 14, 2012
    Ok great thank you!

6. S0me0ne

S0me0ne Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Level up bug

Hey i really like the game but i found that sometimes when you level up you do not get the normal 6 stat boosts. Most of the time when this happens you get 5 stat boosts, but it happend once that my character did get none at all.

7. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Getting only 2 instead of 3 is intended. Getting none is definitely a bug. Do you recall what level the character was?

8. S0me0ne

S0me0ne Member

Sep 9, 2017
    Ok i didn't know that was intended. i'm pretty sure it was from level 3 to 4 with an archer. I tried to reproduce the issue but i was not able to.

9. sindyan

May 14, 2012
    Has there been any improved with fixing the pathfinder bugs? I have bought the game but I’m waiting to play after the new pathfinding/camera feature is added!

10. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Not yet. Sorry but I'm still working on them. It's a big change and I want to add a few more things in the update so it will still be a while. Hopefully before end of month.

11. solitarytaco

solitarytaco New Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Great Game! What I've been looking for!

I love this game and think you have a great game. I only have Demon's Rise at the moment, but will be purchasing DR2 as soon as I finish it the first time.

My suggestions are just that, suggestions. The game is already great, but it looks as if you are always looking for some way to make the game even more awsome.

Suggestion 1: a "ready" action to use unused attack actions for when foes come into range or walk into melee range. This way you can set up ambushes and hide behind cover and let the opponents come to you.

Suggestion 2: a "full defense" action. Give up your attacks to hunkerdown/dodge and weave. For units about to die but can't get away from battle.

Suggestion 3: Would love for the camera to track the action so I know which foes are acting, but that may be coming with the improved camera controls.

I look forward to many more hours of gameplay. Keep up the great work! You have an awsome product.

12. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for the feedback. I probably won't make major gameplay changes to DR1 or DR2 going forward but I will take the ideas on for the next game in the series.

I'm looking into how to do a reaction attack of some kind in the next Demon's Rise game. I'm struggling with the code because if I actually kill an enemy during their turn with a reaction strike, the enemy AI gets confused and I haven't been able to fix that. Hopefully will get it working.

Yes, is in the plan for the next game. I plan to have both an offensive and defensive stance option that will allow your characters to either fight offensively (sacrificing defense) or defensively (sacrificing offense) and be able to switch between the two stances as needed. Right now I'm thinking of having it be abilities that certain melee fighters can do but may make it more universal.

I have tried this in the past but I've never been able to get it working well. On large maps the camera just jumps around too much and gets disorientating. In the next update to DR1, the camera will smoothly pan out to give you as much view as possible during the enemy turn.

Thanks! Please do check out Strike Team Hydra when you get the chance. It has a modified, action-point based system that will be used for the next Demon's Rise game.

13. Jinxtah

Jinxtah Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2017
    Never heard of this game, but it seems I missed out on the discount by a few months.

There are a looooot of comments here, and so I don't need to read through them all, can someone give me a tl;dr on what sets this game apart, and what makes it great. I tried looking at a couple of reviews on YouTube, but they were fairly bad, so I couldn't stand watching for very long.

14. Abdulhaqq

Abdulhaqq Member

Aug 14, 2017
    Bug in android version

The first pyromancer ability is applying 30% crit to melee and not ranged

15. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for letting me know, I'll fix it.

16. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Hey Wavelight Games.
    I saw what you did over on The Sun:Origin thread.
    A very generous offer between indie developers.
    How you find the time to make and continue patching your own games, but still offer to help a developer with translating their game is beyond me.
    But it shows how committed you are to the industry.
    And for that I will always support you in whatever games you release.
    And thats not just talk.
    I have instantly bought everything you have released on iOS. I have managed to finish Demons Rise 1 and I'm about 10 hours into Demons Rise 2. Strike Team is just waiting for me to finish DR2.
    You produce quality premium games in a platform that is not very supportive of that price structure.
    More power to you, and thank you for the games you make.

17. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    #1537 WaveLightGames, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Thanks ... appreciate your support, as always.

Working on a couple of big updates to DR1 and DR2. The next DR2 update will feature this lovely new character ... a half human / half Succubus demon. She'll be a bad-ass fighter with her claymore and have the ability to seduce / beguile enemies in combat.

[​IMG]Succubus character screen by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

Other improvements for DR1 will be:

- new smooth movements and pathfinding
    - better animations for knight, illusionist and enemy ghouls
    - players can now choose the patrol mission they want to play rather than have it come as random
    - improved bloom / colour grading special effects (similar to that used in Strike Team Hydra)
    - ability to rotate characters in character select screen to see them from various angles
    - various minor improvements
    - minor bug fixes

Android update should launch today and iOS later this week.

18. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #1538 stubbieoz, Oct 24, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Excellent update by the sounds of it. Unfortunately I cannot see the succubus picture? #
    Really appreciate that you are still supporting the Demons games.
    They are among my favourite tactical turn based games, especially on the iPad. #

edit;
    I just saw the succubus pictures on DR2 thread. Very nice. And you can now rotate the character....thanks for implementing that request. #

19. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Forgot to mention that I removed the gold cost to switch character classes so now you can switch characters as much as you want for free.

20. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Oh man, that is excellent!! #
    That opens up a whole new reason to go back and muck around with all the characters and play it all over again!