Universal Demon's Rise (by Wave Light Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by WaveLightGames, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    In the beginning you do miss a lot, but that'll get better fast.
    What group do you use? And how far into the game are you already?
    A Healer is a must. Same goes for at least one heavy damage dealer, ideally one ranged and one melee.
    Quite a few of the heroes do have (group) buffs that increase tohit, damage, dodge, etc. Make good use of those.

And, above all: Take it slow! Later on you can pretty much rush in and curbstomp everything (depends on your group setup, agreed). But in the beginning you can't take much damage, and don't deal much in return yet.
    Even triggering one wrong monster can make the difference between an easy win and a slaughter and loss.

2. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look. In the equipment screen, you can touch the stat sheet and it will grow larger. I can do something similar to that for other items on the equipment screen?

Other option is to have the equipment screen flipped 90 degrees so it can fit more easily with the landscape dimensions of the iPhone and iPad. However, that would have the player rotating his device. Warhammer Quest took this approach. Not sure if it's a good trade off or not.

Let me know specifically which parts of the equipment screen you are struggling with and I"ll see what I can do.

3. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    Pike and shot, for example, has a little plus sign at the top and then small square icons with little flags that jump to each character. Not intrusive at all, in fact, I leave it open whenever I'm playing. Of course, Pike and Shot is not an option for phones, but maybe a small menu in one of the corners that can be opened and closed at will?

4. taran

taran Member

Aug 20, 2015
    i am still playing it :) ...just a question which is the best character to use?

5. Wisely

Wisely Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Thanks for the quick reply. Currently there are a lot of dark area around the window showing the various equipment slots. I am just wondering could you make more use of the unused space? Make all the equipment slots bigger? Loots and equipment are a big part of any RPG. Likelihood a player will be comparing items and looking at the stats and descriptions repeatedly.

For example, currently the window with the option to "Finalize Sale" and "End Barter" are on the right bottom. This window contains little useful details and can be moved to the left. Then you will have the middle of the screen all the way to the right side of the screen for the equipment slot window.

Another question is can I delete a saved game? I know there are many empty slots available. Can I save over an existing saved game to remove the old save?

6. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    I managed to add buttons that rotate the camera left and right on my current build. Going to try and do a slider for zoom in / out now. If I can't figure out the slider, I may go with zoom in / zoom out buttons. I'll post a screen shot of it once it's done to get feedback.

7. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Got the code working to enable on-screen sliders and buttons for zooming and rotating the camera. Here's my first draft at the UI additions:

[​IMG]Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 3.47.43 PM by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

The slider in the middle can be moved up and down to zoom in and out and the left button and right button can be pressed and held to rotate the camera at a set speed. The speed of rotation can still be adjusted in the options menu ... this basically replaces the two finger rotate and pinch to zoom.

Let me know if you think placement is good ... trying to have it somewhere easy to reach assuming that the device is being held by the sides. Also, trying not to have it interfere with any other GUI elements or what's going on in the screen. Also trying to not have it too close to the End Turn Button so players don't accidentally end their turn while trying to rotate the camera.

Let me know what you think.

8. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Hard to say as each character serves a different role. However, I"m sure some are just naturally better than others and I'd like to refine that as much as possible so that one character isn't clearly overpowered compared to another.

What does everyone else think? I know most of you are still just getting into the game but are you finding any particular character just too good at what they do? Are there any characters that simply have to be taken in a roster? Conversely are there any characters that just seem weak or poorly designed?

9. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Congrats on the game release I remember following this under a few different names in the upcoming section. I did already purchase quite a few games this week when generally I struggle to find even 1 that I want! But I'll be sure to pick this up and check out how it's turned out once I get through some of the ones I got or feel like something different to play between them.

10. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I personally hated that inventory rotating option on my iPad.

With the camera rotating/zooming suggestions I would like to see a button or similar that you could tap to make it return to its default position.

11. Carabak

Carabak Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Looks great to me Wavelight- looking forward to trying it out on update!

12. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks ... just testing it now. If it works as expected, it should be in the next update. I'm trying to decide if the on-screen controls (slider / button) should be the default or should be the second option.

13. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    #113 D1vi8, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
    Ok, English is not my native language so I hope you can understand what I mean.

This is a great game, these things would make the game perfect :

1 See the inventory screen of the characters at all time.

2 Don't know if it possible but if you could add a text screen (as in Baldurs Gate) with for example he following things
    - Minotaur got hit for 6 life points
    - Minotaur failed morale test losing all AP
    - Pyromancer used cloak of flames, for 2 turns increased damage with 5 and unable to move
    etc.

Love the game and a I am sure the planned updates will make the game even better.

Oh, and I like the way you have to maneuver Telryn Telra so she can make her ice shot, damaging a whole row of enemies and make them unable to move for one turn. Great tactics!

14. Ycephyre

Ycephyre Member

Aug 22, 2015
    #114 Ycephyre, Aug 22, 2015
    problem

Day 3 - Into the Cacacombs.
    Entering the sheet I only have one action point on all characters.
    Entering the sheet makes all my equipment disappear.
    Shopping at the trader and I have nothing equipped.
    Deleted the game and new install, same thing happened again.
    If I use Ice arrow on the first level it freezes the archers ui.
    Game is very good, enjoying playing.

15. forchy1

forchy1 Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Even like an old school action cam like they had on old ps1 tactics games b pretty cool. B much easier to implement. They kinda swung cam n slightly zoomed.

16. 8BitFlash

8BitFlash Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Can this be played without Internet?

17. Ycephyre

Ycephyre Member

Aug 22, 2015
    #117 Ycephyre, Aug 22, 2015
    reviews

Hi, are you posting reviews on the app store, only seeing mine.
    Any bug reporting going on?

Can play offline, doing first mission now.

18. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Though I'm not the biggest fan of fantasy world games I'm a total fan of game developers engaging with their community! I love the idea of strategy and tactics which makrszme very intrigued by this game! I'm also impressed with the idea of a price increase with added content!

I hope you consider a futuristic cyber punk kind of game or possibly even a real life game with modern character and story line!

The laundry list of games sitting on my iPhone is getting ridiculous!

Great job developers and I'm assuming this game will work fine offline?

19. gemineye62

gemineye62 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    #119 gemineye62, Aug 22, 2015
    Hello,

Could you please tell me if there is any use for found items that are , broken, cursed or worth 0 gold?

Thanks

20. Ycephyre

Ycephyre Member

Aug 22, 2015
    #120 Ycephyre, Aug 22, 2015
    Dev

Looking at the forums the developer responds to requests and ideas, I bought the game because of that.
    Just finished act 1 with wifi turned off so you can play offline.

No idea what the broken, crafting materials, or items valued by city merchants are for.