Demon's Rise 2 - Lords of Chaos

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by WaveLightGames, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Ditto.

2. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks guys!

Here are a couple more preview shots. These reveal one of the new character classes that will be added post-release, the Vampire Knight:

[​IMG]Pocket Tactics Pic 2 by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

[​IMG]Pocket Tactic Pics by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

The Vampire Knight is the guy in black armour with the red glowing hand. I'm still working through the design but I'm thinking of having him be a really powerful fighter with some magic abilities but hindered by the need to constantly feed on his enemies. So possibly, he'll suffer life damage each turn and therefore will have to keep refilling it by feeding on the enemy or being healed by another party member.

3. DezTheSpic

DezTheSpic Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2014
    What's the install size and price? Need to clear up some space on my mobile

4. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    1.5GB installed and $4.99 at launch for the first 10 days and $8.99 normally (I think ... I get a bit confused with currency conversion).

5. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Almost time!

6. schnedi

schnedi Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    android support?

7. DezTheSpic

DezTheSpic Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2014
    I've checked about 10 times in the last hour haha

8. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Vampire Knight sounds awesome just make sure he does good damage as a trade off for having to feed.

9. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey guys,

Game should be launching in about 2.5 hours .... 12AM Eastern Standard Time. :)

Remember, once you guys pick it up, please spread the word on twitter, facebook, shouting out the window like a lunatic. Whatever works. ;)

10. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    It will be ... but I'm stuck on a game engine bug for Android that I have no control over. Once the makers of the game engine (Unity) fix the bug, I'll do the release for Android. I have no idea when that will be unfortunately.

11. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Yep ... absolutely. The other characters in the update pack will be:

- Chaos Ogre - Huge, fat ogre character that is tough, strong and can vomit on his enemies.
    - Mongolian style female archer / swordswoman - good armoured fighter that can launch lots of arrows
    - Blade Dancer - barbarian berserker woman with twin blades that builds up extra attacks the longer she fights.
    - Squidman Wizard - A half squid / half human that has mind control powers.

Still not sure if the extra characters will be free or an in-app purchase. Will probably depend on how initial sales go, I suppose.

12. Robbie1350

Robbie1350 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    How much longer till the game is out

13. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Should be out in 2 hours and 13 minutes. :)

14. Robbie1350

Robbie1350 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    Thanks man

15. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Either way I am game!

16. Gunther4C

Gunther4C Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    #76 Gunther4C, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    ITS OUT!!!!!!

The only thing that's bothering me is how the Dev handles the IAP because they'll be added (even though he says "we'll let the release play out")Please don't get offended by this Dev i'm just saying lol you should understand what I'm saying.

Also, I know you said about adding characters as IAP, understand you need the money. But do IAP that unlock all "extra hero content" or make them like $0.99. I hate it when these types of games charge $1.99+ for extra heroes. That's valuing 25% of the game (for the $5 release price) for one hero that just doesn't make sense. Although I wouldn't mind something along the lines of $2.99 Unlock All Heroes from now until lifetime. And another thought, if you plan to release extra heroes as IAP what kind of free content updates can we expect? Will all content addons be IAP or will few be IAP and some will be free content updates.

In this day and age, IAP purchases go 2 ways, there isn't any middle ground. It either benefits the game and doesn't cause problems or completely destroys it. Interested to see how the IAP play out.

Keep in mid as I've said I don't mind IAP as long as there "worth jt" especially when it supports indie devs. I don't have a problem with IAP's because that's the only way indie games or big games in general have to survive wether we like it or not. Please just don't abuse IAP's like 2k and EA does with there games. Also, I'm sorry but the Icon is hideous and I think the first the game icon is hideous to, but hey, just my opinion ;) good luck to ya

Congratz on the release I purchased the game, the game looks solid and well-done, I'll do my best to promote it, cheers to you!