Demon's Rise 2 - Lords of Chaos

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by WaveLightGames, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Re: About the fog options:
    I assume you mean a fog graphics effect and aren't going for real fog boiling across the battlefield?

#1 has dulled colors and looks rather bland to me, not a good option.
    #2 has very nice and vribant colors, looks the best of the three. But I cannot make out any fog effect there, except in the archway to the left. Which is what you refer to with "Option 2 seems pretty decent ... only the distant items are in fog, giving a sense of depth."
    #3 has less of #2's fog effect, and the colors are dulled as well, but not as bad as in #1.

So, personally, I'd go with #2.

2. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    Option #2 - no doubt.

3. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Cool .... thanks gents, will go with option 2.

4. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Working on the final 5 campaign quest levels, which will focus around freeing a captured black dragon from some nasty dwarves and human wizards:

[​IMG]Black Dragon with Shadow by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

And in case you're curious, the dragon will be controllable once you destroy the prison holding it at bay. :D

5. Castigar

Castigar Member

May 26, 2016
    Looks great

Well, it looks pretty cool, would like to get this game and give it a try! :)

6. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Cool ... you can always pick up Demon's Rise 1, while you wait. :)

Also, I like your username. It seems really familiar. Where is it from?

7. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Here's some more updates. Next level done. Added a cool electric barrier effect on the dragon's magical prison. It looks great but is probably too heavy for iOS devices in its current form. I'm going to try and optimize it.

[​IMG]Dragon Captured 2 by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

8. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Some more pictures of the work done this morning. Here's the freed black dragon in action.

[​IMG]dragon vs wyvern by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

Here's a pic of a very unfortunate human knight about to be cooked in his armour...

[​IMG]Dragon Fire 1 by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

Basically on level 29 of the 30 level campaign. So the campaign is almost done. Will be travelling next week so probably won't be too many updates.

9. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey guys. Quick update ... Game content is done. Just into testing and polishing. :D

10. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    awesome!!

11. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you an update. Things are going very well and are still on track for a submission to Apple at the end of this month. Therefore, will mostly likely release in the first week of September. We're making final balance changes and improving audio / sfx. Also working on trailer and so forth. Will post more regular updates over the next few days as we get closer to submission.

ALso, the name is now: Demon's Rise - Lords of Chaos

12. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    This is awesome. I look forward to the release. As an indie Canadian Dev who interacted so well with the community, I bought your game in support but never played it. Disliked how many characters there were and got fed up trying to balance a party. I hope with only 10 characters I will be able to actually play the game.

Regardless, congrats and you have my support.

13. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks ... appreciate the support and feedback. Did you ever go back and try one of the pre-made teams that I added in one of the later updates? Each of those pre-built teams are well balanced.

14. Ophelius

Ophelius Member

May 19, 2016
    #34 Ophelius, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    Question: aside from different playable characters, different story line, is there any differences in gameplay, regrettably to say I finish your first game and it didn't click with me somehow.
    Edit: nevermind I didn't read the first page, feel so dumb. I hope that the first game is just you testing water and gain experience. I will still buy the second game to support an indie dev like you though. Good luck.

15. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks for the support!

If you compare this game at launch with Demon's Rise 1 at launch, you'll see a huge difference. There are loads of new features and gamplay mechanics. However, if you compare this game at launch with the current version of Demon's Rise (v3.3), you won't see a huge number of differences aside from new content (characters, levels, story, etc.). That's because as I've developed this game over the past year and added some new features or gameplay mechanism, I've put that back into Demon's Rise 1 as a patch update. That way, it lets me keep improving the first game and it allows me to get feedback on new features that I developed for this game and refine it before launch.

It's a strange way of doing it but I like it. Gives good value to existing customers as their original games are always improved and I get really useful feedback for the new features early on.

16. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    #36 yankeeblue000, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    Release date

Is there a definitive release date for this game yet & will I have the option to choose to play as human or monster factions or is this just strictly the player playing as monster factions? If so it should've been added an in-app purchase or dlc or update

17. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey guys,

Wanted to give an update. Faced some delays in the final rounds of polishing and testing. Some of the final levels are a little too heavy for 1GB devices and therefore need to be modified a bit. Will need another 2 weeks to do this plus prepare a launch trailer. Therefore, aiming for a submission date to Apple of Sept 15th. Presumably they would approve in about 10 days so should see a launch near the end of September.

We will be sending out preview versions to Shaun Musgrave from Touch Arcade as he'll be writing a preview article of the game! So things are on track, just a little delayed.

18. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    The 10 playable characters range from humans to beastmen to demonic warriors. They are all part of the same faction, which is a barbaric human empire ruled by demons. I'm planning to add another 10 characters as future updates that will include a mix of characters, both human and non-human.

19. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Now, what does that remind me of? Good choice, the axe-wielding maniacs do approve ;)

20. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Yep ... absolutely. Though I actually prefer to think that the demonic faction in Demon's Rise makes a lot more sense than the one in warhammer. It's closer to the 3rd edition view of warhammer Chaos, where tribes like the Norsca simply worship the Chaos gods because they are tangible and real as opposed to the Southern gods that don't manifest themselves. Also, there is none of the inevitable corruption / victory of Chaos over the other kingdoms that exists in warhammer. I never felt that gave a very good setting for a conflict. The doomed world schtick gets rather tedious pretty quickly from a narrative perspective.

One of the last things on my to-do list is a proper map of the Demon's Rise world and some background on all the various factions and kingdoms. It will be an interactive map with some icons and clicking on the icons will give brief snippets of information on the faction, the world and the related history.