Universal Demon's Rise 2: Lords of Chaos (by Wave Light Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 10, 2016.

1. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    The Fast Forward button seems to be working now.

Working on the bug fixes. Let me know if you guys find anything else.

2. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Tutorial button bug fixed. Was an easy one.

3. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    The Shadow Ghouls attack range is off. When moving, it'll show that an enemy is in range, but it is consistently off. It may just be one hex, but I don't know. You have to move closer than what it shows in order to be within range.

4. N2L

N2L Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Simple but effective observation. Goes to show that as long as you are committed to deep work for a few hours, you can get things done; even 30-60 minutes can be productive if one is consistent. Works the same for those working from home or in an office.

5. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    I noticed that too lately. I'll take a look and fix it.

6. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I greatly appreciate how active you are as a dev. I just looked and seen that I didn't have Demons Rise (1), though I was positive I had bought it. However, I'm buying it now in support of how much I appreciate you listening and actively responding to the people that play your games.

7. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Thanks .. appreciate the kind words.

Just curious, how far has everyone gotten in the campaign? Anyone gotten to the Tower of Magi yet?

8. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I've only made it to campaign number 7 so far. I felt overwhelmed quickly. I've played quite a bit of the quick battles as well though. I've found some pretty good items. I'm enjoying it.

9. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Yep ... the difficulty curve does spike upwards campaign level 5 onwards. When the dwarfs show up, you should expected to get beaten up badly. When you struggle with a campaign level, you should take a break and play some quick battles to level up and get more gold / XP. Then tackle the campaign level again.

10. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Quick update, I've tweaked the "get hit" animations of the Werebear to look more natural. I was never very happy with them. Also, removed some of the attack animations where he swings the hammer in a weird way.

11. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    That's pretty much what I noticed. I've fought some huge monsters in the quick battle like the 3-headed hydra. I think I've actually picked a solid team, though.

The werebear hit animation did see to be off, as it looks as like he's striking back, even when not counter attacking. He is my absolute favorite melee fighter I have though. I keep my shaman close to support and heal, while I also have extra AP regen on the werebear for his first skill. It takes a big hit to its courage to use it, but the trade off seems worth it to me.

I did have a question about the huntress' summoned drake. The skill description talks about being based off a drakes level, but I don't know if he's leveling up or not.

12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
  13. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    With the original Demon's Rise, I felt like the environments were pretty constraining, i.e.: dungeon, dungeon, more dungeon. Such that it kind of fell off my radar.

With this new game, it sounds like the environments are much more open (yay!) but all the characters are "evil"? No way to play a "good" set of characters in outdoor open envs?

14. Mince0

Mince0 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Should I play the first one or skip straight to this?

15. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    After seeing all the dev's responses and connection with players, I got this one. Gonna start to my first run after the first bug fix/tweak patch though.

16. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Yep, there are multiple environments from forests, open battlefields, small towns / hamlets, dungeon arenas and winding castle interiors.

I wouldn't be put off too much by the "evil" branding of the characters. You play as a warband of barbarians from the north ... a mixture of humans, beastmen and creatures that have been driven there by the aggressions of the "civilized" kingdoms. They aren't any more evil than the human kingdoms, really ... it's just that their lands were conquered by demons long ago and over generations, they see the demons as avatars of their gods. Is that really any more evil than some knight in one of the feudal kingdoms that enforces the absolute will of his king over countless peasants that have no real rights and freedoms?

The faction is similar to Wildlings from Game of Thrones, just with demonic powers. The story is also very personal to the party so you will largely just be trying to survive and not conquer the world or anything. Without giving too much away, things start off good for the warband but go badly pretty quickly. The 'civilized' humans will treat you pretty badly so I suspect you'll be rooting for the bad guys soon enough. ;)

17. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Cool ... thanks. Patch should be out this week. I need to just test it a bit to make sure I didn't break anything else while fixing the few bugs.

18. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    No real need. You can jump straight to this one. The first game is probably a little easier though because the levels are smaller.

19. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    The werebear is pretty great. He has so many hit points that make him invaluable in the early game. My personal favourite is probably the Demon Knight, he has abilities in the late game that just turn him into an absolute monster in combat.

I think that's a typo. I originally wanted the dragon to get stronger as the Huntress levelled up but it turned out to be too tricky to code. So I just left it as a level 1 character. I'll fix the description.

20. blebhertz

blebhertz Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    How can this game not be GAME Of the WEEK on TouchArcade? How often does a game of this quality get released. Sorry Dev, you got robbed.