Universal Demon's Rise 2: Lords of Chaos (by Wave Light Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Gunther4C

Gunther4C Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I also like the idea of unlocking characters for missions, even for the IAP ones too, that way you get mission content and player content that ties into the campaign and gives lore on the character

2. Gunther4C

Oct 20, 2013
    Also don't feel bad about apples featured list half those games are made-in-a-day B.S. games. They've been roasted for years by Devs about the kinda crap they feature.

3. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Hey guys,

Here's the first draft of the new GUI with the fast forward button built in. The button works great but I still need to fix a few other things. As mentioned, pressing the button increases the speed by 25% and you can press it 3 times to speed and pressing it a 4th time brings the speed back to normal. There's a label that shows the current speed if greater than 1.

[​IMG]DemonsRise2PreviewShot by Rajpreet Dhillon, on Flickr

The picture shows the WIP of the new character classes. From left to right, you have the Blade Dancer, Vampire Knight, Squidman Sorceror, Feral Ogre, and Horse Archer. The names aren't final, obviously. Characters are mostly done but still need a little optimization and fine tuning. I then need to work on each of their abilities and finalize / balance out their stats.

4. Gunther4C

Oct 20, 2013
    It's looking fantastic really excited your a busy man, glad to see your taking comments to heart.

5. bobish

bobish Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    And I might be mistaken, but he does all of this on the side? I believe he has a regular job as well.

6. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Please make it optional if possible. For a casual commuter gamer I love just being able to jump in and try various teams and stick to one that works for me

7. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    yeah most hands on dev ive ever seen. thanks for the quick responses.

8. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Yep, I'm lucky in that I have a day job that allows me to work from home. Therefore no commute time so I wake up early every day for game development and then work on it again after work a bit. You can get a lot done in 2 or 3 hours a day if you're focussed.

9. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I'm loving this game. I was an early adopter of the first game and honestly didn't get into it. However, I am a huge SRPG fan and decided to give this one a shot as well. I am not disappointed. I like how equipment really rounds out your characters, to how skills work, and even the AI is well designed. I would definitely say this game is worth owning. The strategy has depth. Even if you can use a skill, doesn't mean it's the right time for it. The maneuvering around the enemies flanks in order to have a clear shot because they're using cover. It's all very well done. I've been struggling with iOS gaming as of late as I'm primarily a JRPG player, and there's not been much fresh to play. I really am glad I bought this game, and I plan to see it through to the end.

BUGS:
    I was on my way to beating the 5th campaign mission when the game got locked on the enemies turn, and will not advance to my turn.

During the tutorial after completing one section, I had to back out to camp and then select the next one, or the game would crash.

When picking up items in the merchant area, if you don't drop it before picking up the next one, sometimes the wrong item icon is shown or the price doesn't adjust properly.

I've been playing on an iPad mini 2 running the latest iOS.

Again, I'm aware of the bugs I posted above, but I don't want anyone to think it takes away from this game. It's so well done, it's almost unbelievable.

10. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Speaking of bugs, I experienced a persistent crash in the post-battle inventory screen on the tutorial levels when clicking on anything to the right (like skills). Maybe it's limited to tutorial and thus fairly harmless. I haven't played beyond that yet.

11. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I ran an errand and came back. The game still wasn't working, however, I force closed it and it allowed me to resume my battle when I booted it back up. I had to actually force close it a second time as it got stuck on 90%. However, I'm glad that this feature is in the game, because as of right now, I'm about only a turn away from where I was.

12. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Yes ... I'm aware of this one. It's just limited to Tutorials and deals with the buttons that allow you to go to the next tutorial. I'll have it fixed in a patch soon.

13. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Demon's Rise 1 has gotten a lot of updates since launch so when you have time, I'd recommend playing it too. It has improved tremendously since launch.

That's strange ... can you give me any idea what might have happened before it locked up? I'll check out the 5th level and figure it out. Usually when this occurred during testing, it was due to some enemy character not having the right stats assigned to his abilities. I'll test that level and reproduce it and fix it.

Yep, aware of this one. This is only for the tutorial buttons so not something that will affect the rest of the game. I will fix it though in the next patch.

Can you explain this a bit more? I didn't really understand it. You're saying that you pick up one item and then pick up another item so that the item you picked up switches out with the item you had earlier? In that case, the icon details window doesn't refresh? I'll check it and fix ... thanks for letting me know.

14. Gunther4C

Oct 20, 2013
    I haven't come across any of these except for the tutorial one

15. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    I was noticing that being said as I read through the posts on this game. I'll have to look into it.

All I know is that I had sped up the enemies speed and then slowed it back to normal when it didn't seem to be progressing. I had thought all the enemies he taken their turn, but I can't guarantee that as I didn't have the map zoomed out far enough to see all of the action.

Yeah, it was the only place I noticed it. Glad to see it'll be fixed.

It's pretty much not refreshing properly. I'll try to take a few screen shots shortly, so I can show what I mean. I have to boot the game thread up on safari as the app is broken for uploading images now. This could also be fixed by having to select the item and then purchase it, without actually picking the item up to move it. However, I do like the fact that you can place it on a toon and then see what it does specifically, so I'm not really keen on that as a fix. I'll be back shortly with screen shots.

16. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see from the images, when you pick an item up, the pick up another, the stats top right don't change. The price reflects correctly when switched, however.

17. Yerti1

Yerti1 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 8, 2012
    Can you explain how divine blessings work as well. Some state they're for "this battle" while some don't. I'm just wondering if some are permanent.

18. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    They appy only for the battle.

19. WaveLightGames

Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    Yeah, of course ... It wouldnt force you to switch characters.